What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Yesterday I stayed in the house for the most part. I did go out and make a sink drain wrench for the neighbor. Today I worked on the 38 Packard floor pan. I had to patch the bottom edge so it will fit the floor again.  One more patch to go.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"had a 4L60E  pump brought in, that a customer removed all on his own.

You are suppose to remove the trans pan first... remove the filter, remove the lock up solenoid from the pump too.

Clamp on the splined tube was used for extraction from the case.  Many gouge marks from screw driver to pry pump outof case.

Second foto shows broken piece of lock up solenoid in the small hole on the left.  He broke the filter tube too that goes into the larger hole.

Still trying to find out why only this part was brought into the shop. Kinda wonder what else the guy is "fixing"  :shock:

Don't you wish they would bring it to you BEFORE they screw it up?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Delivered a 46 Ford convert I sold to Peoria Il today
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

I worked on some stainless trim for a friends 55 Chevy and then I practiced on my sewing some.  I changed the leverage on the sewing machine so that the treadle is slower reacting than it was previously.  My machine was used in a factory for piece work and it was set up to run fast.  It occurred to me that I am not in the habit of slowing things down but it did help in this case.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "phat rat"Delivered a 46 Ford convert I sold to Peoria Il today

If I'd known, I'd have invited you to stop and say hello.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "phat rat"Delivered a 46 Ford convert I sold to Peoria Il today

If I'd known, I'd have invited you to stop and say hello.

Thanks for that offer. It was a rather quick trip. He called me Wed night and wanted to know how quick could I deliver it. With the weather the way it was I took the first window I saw. I left at 6:45 a.m. and was back at 7:30 p.m. and just over 700 mi
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

This car showed up this evening for some work.  I had never met the owner until he brought the car to me.  I had a little chuckle when he got out of his truck.  I am no spring chicken but he has a good twenty years on me.  The car is tubbed and has a roll cage and a really good sounding small block.  I would have never imagined the owner matched to this car but I am tickled that he enjoys one like this.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "Crosley"River1 ( Jim ) needs to post up about his curb jumping and tree trimming with his daily driver pickup.  Jim is fine, truck needs some attention it sounds like

WOW ....Winter hit you guys hard , huh    :?:

Streets that slippery    :shock:  :?:

Bob...... :wink:

It involved a freeway incident... female did something stupid  in a car that  caused another driver to swerve , into another car, Jim had to swerve to miss that and ended up in the landscaping along side the freeway.  His truck trimmed down several bushes and small trees.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Foto update on the 4L60E trans with hack job of  removed pump.

Photo is close up that shows the amount of sillycone this DIY mechanic put on this pump area.  This is a very bad idea using silicone there.

The whole area the pump slides into the trans case here... is coated with silicone.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "Crosley"River1 ( Jim ) needs to post up about his curb jumping and tree trimming with his daily driver pickup.  Jim is fine, truck needs some attention it sounds like

WOW ....Winter hit you guys hard , huh    :?:

Streets that slippery    :shock:  :?:

Bob...... :wink:

It involved a freeway incident... female did something stupid  in a car that  caused another driver to swerve , into another car, Jim had to swerve to miss that and ended up in the landscaping along side the freeway.  His truck trimmed down several bushes and small trees.

:shock:

i was in the number one lane getting ready to exit to another freeway. i noticed some movement to my left and glanced over. i saw a red car being driven by a blonde women and a grey truck swerving away from each other. i look back forward and was smacked by the grey truck. it pushed me off road thru bushes and trees, just missing an electrical box, up a small hill then back down the hill till i hit a bush big enough to stop the truck. after the initial away from me swerve the grey truck was hit by a small black car pushing him across 4 or 5 lanes into me. the red car kept going, whether she knew she caused this mess i don't know.

all told no one was hurt but my truck has damage to almost all surfaces. we'll see what insurance says.

where i went off the road you can see the small hill and the knocked down bushes i went thru and the electrical box i missed

view from top the hill

view from top of my path to where i stopped

close up where i stopped

where i stopped from the front

tow truck pulling me out, after i was pulled out he put me back on the ground and i drove the truck home

after the tow pulled me out
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

Any photos of the Blonde   :?:  :?:  :shock:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

"Any photos of the Blonde?" My kind of guys. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Fat Cat

I spent the evening putting the vinyl graphics on the face of my sign that Enjenjo built for me. I am happy with the way it turned out.

Unfortunately as I was finishing up the graphics install the plexiglass panel broke free from the frame. So we now have to figure out why it came loose and how we are going to fix this problem.

river1

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I spent the evening putting the vinyl graphics on the face of my sign that Enjenjo built for me. I am happy with the way it turned out.

Unfortunately as I was finishing up the graphics install the plexiglass panel broke free from the frame. So we now have to figure out why it came loose and how we are going to fix this problem.

looks good!! hope it draws in lots of customers for ya );b(
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Boyd Who

I haven't been doing much of anything lately, but my '53 F100 front brake assemblies arrived today so I may spend some time getting everything installed. It'll be nice to be able to roll the chassis around on wheels again!