What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57larry

went to pic a part with my son-in-law and one of my sons. got a set of chevy center dump exhaust manifolds for $14.989 each for my 57. son pulled a 57 caddy steering wheel for $5.00 with horn ring. good times

tomslik

got my Jegs special m/c and now have brakes on the rambler.......now if it would move under it's own power;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

I received a shipment from speedway motors for the Simca.  The cross spring setup was causing too much problems with steering setup.

Parallel springs will be under it, Ford spindles Super Bell hubs and brakes. I bought the Super Bell  parts around 1995 or 96
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

what a learning curve on simple stuff.  I learned that I needed to bend the LED wire tabs a certain way to avoid breaking the solder joint on them.

I may need to buy another group of LED lites since I have broken 8 so far.  :twisted:
Tony

reborn55

just finished up swapping S-10 rear end out of wife's coupe to a Nova rear.  now have to run new emergency brake cables.

Hope you all had a great New Years.

Crosley.In.AZ

had a 4L60E  pump brought in, that a customer removed all on his own.

You are suppose to remove the trans pan first... remove the filter, remove the lock up solenoid from the pump too.

Clamp on the splined tube was used for extraction from the case.  Many gouge marks from screw driver to pry pump outof case.

Second foto shows broken piece of lock up solenoid in the small hole on the left.  He broke the filter tube too that goes into the larger hole.

Still trying to find out why only this part was brought into the shop. Kinda wonder what else the guy is "fixing"  :shock:
Tony

enjenjo

I finished up the sign for Fatcat's store. He still has to put the letters on it, but it lights up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Tony, I really like those lights on the bike. It's given me an idea to solve a problem I've been wrapping my head around for some time now.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

fast401

Haven't done much today.  Stayed in and battled a head cold I received from my grandchildren! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

Crosley.In.AZ

I have learned this 4L60E  pump has been out 3 times as the DIY owner is trying to fix a leak.  he does not seem worried about the other parts he broke pulling the pump or the damage done to the sealing areas of the pump to trans case

:twisted:
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"I have learned this 4L60E  pump has been out 3 times as the DIY owner is trying to fix a leak.  he does not seem worried about the other parts he broke pulling the pump or the damage done to the sealing areas of the pump to trans case

That's strange ... :?   Usually the third time is the charm ..... :lol:

More  " Gasket inna tube"  needed   :?  

That is a nice fabricated puller though .... :idea:

Some people don't know when to  say "when" ... :(U)

He prolly want's it resolved for $25.00 or less with a 3/36 warranty ...correct  :?:

He will be back next week with a "You fixed it & NOW it goes ____ "... :roll:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quotequote="Crosley"]I have learned this 4L60E  pump has been out 3 times as the DIY owner is trying to fix a leak.  he does not seem worried about the other parts he broke pulling the pump or the damage done to the sealing areas of the pump to trans case

That's strange ... :?   Usually the third time is the charm ..... :lol:

More  " Gasket inna tube"  needed   :?  

That is a nice fabricated puller though .... :idea:

Some people don't know when to  say "when" ... :(U)

He prolly want's it resolved for $25.00 or less with a 3/36 warranty ...correct  :?:

He will be back next week with a "You fixed it & NOW it goes ____ "... :roll:

Bob.... :wink:

I heard friday that the remainder of the transmission parts are coming to the shop for a proper repair.  LOL Some folks do not know when to stop fixin stuff.

I am gonna try to drag race the Falcon today (Again) ... After last couple of failures :   I have checked the weather, checked road closures, called the track ''information line" .  I need to check my horoscope to see how that looks, then load the truck n trailer up.

:twisted:
Tony

kb426

I pulled the seat out of the 32. I'm going to modify the foam and recover it. It won't scream "minivan" when I'm finished. :D
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

River1 ( Jim ) needs to post up about his curb jumping and tree trimming with his daily driver pickup.  Jim is fine, truck needs some attention it sounds like

:shock:
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: CrosleyRiver1 ( Jim ) needs to post up about his curb jumping and tree trimming with his daily driver pickup.  Jim is fine, truck needs some attention it sounds like

WOW ....Winter hit you guys hard , huh    :?:

Streets that slippery    :shock:  :?:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****