What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"Fedex backed into my driveway today! christmas came early as my front axle showed up for the modelT. Bat wings should be here tomorrow!

I know that feeling well! Gotta love it when a big shipment of parts arrive.  :D

taxpyer

I was looking for some Essex doors Chimp. Could you post a link or message me on this forum?
As for my project I am starting the final stages of  my T pickup after starting it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you guys won't believe this ,,,,,,, but I started it 34 years ago :roll: . It's been on the back burner so long the chrome has peeled and the parts I bought way back when are still in a trunk and are now collectable in their own right. :shock:  (God, it is embarassing to admit that) :oops:  My buddies sure rib me alot about it. Oh well at least it's paid for. :wink:
In the mean while several cars and trucks have come and gone while it sits in the corner. :(
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

chimp koose

Taxpyer my cousin told me about the doors last weekend ,he said he was surprised at how good of condition the door handles were . I will get a message out to him to see how good or bad they are and what they are worth to the owner.If he sends me pictures I will see about sending them to you. Cousin is not a hot rodder but a muscle car guy ,he thought the doors were from a 27 essex.By the way , I have wanted to build a T coupe since I started reading street rodder mag....35 years ago! I have had the body for the last 8 years .If it was not for the desire to build this specific car all those years ago, I probably would not have anywhere near the automotive/fabrication skills I have today.

WZ JUNK

The 32 went home and a 40 showed up.

After I work on the 40, I am going to work on some of my own stuff.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

QuoteAfter I work on the 40, I am going to work on some of my own stuff.

That's the same story I alway tell. You told me the 32 was the last one before yours. I have been home two weeks, built a rear end, started on a sign, made some handles for a cooler, and rebuilt a mower engine. I still have the customer car before mine.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

We had our Christmas here yesterday. We're trying to avoid the rush so we can rush into something else. Linda had a heart catherization Wednesday to assure she would be OK for surgurey schedualed for next Wednesday. The closest I've gotten to work on anything of mine is to walk in front of it going to the refrigerator in the garage. Over the Thanksgiving brake (?) we (?) bought a "Big Screen" TV and our son and son-in-law have finished hooking up the remote and surround sound so that Linda can work things from the couch while she's recooperating. Then all I'll have to do is change the DVDs. Our Christmas has been Merry so far. Hope it is the same for everyone else. GPster

enjenjo

We had the big christmas party today for the extended family. Just the close family next sunday.

kb426

I got back from Colorado Springs for the family Christmas on my side of the family. The weather was good for this time of the year. I got all the cycles out for exercise when we got home. The high today was 61 degrees. Tomorrow has a storm predicted. Sleet turning into snow. I hope they're wrong.
TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

Just been workin' myself to a nub, fixin' and upgrading things at the new 20 year old house so we can move in tomorrow; still got some wiring to get cleared up since the original construction certainly didn't meet code.  Got the mover guys coming tomorrow at 0730 to move the furniture and some other large stuff that I can't handle by myself.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

I spent all day digging out from the snow storm. I don't need to tell you how I feel. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"I spent all day digging out from the snow storm. I don't need to tell you how I feel. :)

Estatic?

phat46

Quote from: "kb426"I spent all day digging out from the snow storm. I don't need to tell you how I feel. :)

Elastic?  :D

kb426

TEAM SMART

wayne petty

i spent the day with a friend..  he ask me to help him swap the transmission in his 97 tbird.. for some reason.. and he has been a mechanic for about 10 years..  he had never done a transmission R & R..

so i am out laying in my shirt sleeves under this tbird all day.. fighting the various tight fits and wondering how the drive shaft ended up being right through the center of the fuel tank..  where you have to drop the tank slightly to free the drive shaft..

this is just about par for me.. back in the 90s.. i spent many christmas days building transmissions with the boat owner..

tomorrow.. i get to depin the transmission connectors.. as several exposed wires are missing all the insulation..  great..
sorry you guys got stuck shoveling snow..

river1

SNOW?? 8)  8)  8)

it's a bit chilly here :wink:  mid to upper 60s :D

i wore shorts and a tshirt to work today

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.