What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

New to us air compressor at work.  It is plumbed in, electrical hook up next week.

We should have less problems with low air pressure when blasting cabinets are in operation
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Here is a photo of the old tired dog compressor the Curtis unit is replacing. This one was our back up. When air pressure dropped to below 100 this unit kicked on.

It is my belief that this compressor did not compress air, it simply waved at the air as it passed thru the compressor.

Our 10 hp compressor is now the back up unit to the Curtis
Tony

WZ JUNK

QuoteIt is my belief that this compressor did not compress air, it simply waved at the air as it passed thru the compressor.

That is just like the one I use daily.  I bought it used 25 years ago.  The only repair I made was new valves about 5 years ago.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

Saturday morning coffee at the Gearhead Cafe.  Doug Lee brought 5 black powder cannons that he had made.  He set them up in the parking lot with different link fuse on each one so that they fired one after another.  I have a video.  It was fun and loud.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

GPster

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Saturday morning coffee at the Gearhead Cafe.  Doug Lee brought 5 black powder cannons that he had made.  He set them up in the parking lot with different link fuse on each one so that they fired one after another.  I have a video.  It was fun and loud. John
Myth Busters had a deal not too long ago with a cannon. Apparently they fired on and weren't concerned where it went because it was out of camera range. They decided not to air the resultsbut it did provide some un-neccessary air hole in a house and a car. GPster

enjenjo

QuoteDoug Lee brought 5 black powder cannons that he had made. He set them up in the parking lot with different link fuse on each one so that they fired one after another. I have a video. It was fun and loud.

Did he fire the one he had in there the day last month when I was there?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteDoug Lee brought 5 black powder cannons that he had made. He set them up in the parking lot with different link fuse on each one so that they fired one after another. I have a video. It was fun and loud.

Did he fire the one he had in there the day last month when I was there?

Yes, it is one of the cannons in the picture.  They are very loud.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

A rock crawler in the shop 1 week ago.  Notice relationship (?) of gas pedal to the front drive shaft.

yes , it as close as it looks
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
QuoteIt is my belief that this compressor did not compress air, it simply waved at the air as it passed thru the compressor.

That is just like the one I use daily.  I bought it used 25 years ago.  The only repair I made was new valves about 5 years ago.

John

This is photo of the twin pump 10 hp unit we have beat up for about 8 - 9 yrs now. The compressor pump is 8 yrs old or so, the remainder is older.  The old pump blew apart, it kicked a rod out the block.

This 10 hp twin is now the back up to the Curtis pump. We have added some large air consuming devices in recent years. the addition of the Curtis compressor long over due.

:shock:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Changing exhaust header configuration on Falcon.  Header is unknown brand, 3 into 2 configuration

I am changing it to 3 into 2 into 1 ... primary tube is 1.5 inches. 3 pipes into 2.5 collector as I have run for over 1 year.

I am now shortening the 2.5 pipes some and merge into a single 3 inch collector.

I have no idea if this is good or bad or if the car will run slower or faster.

Not finished with exhaust yet... getting there

Our Hughes Motorsports crew chief mentioned that our Lumina race car will run 7.30's full out , off the throttle stop.  He can make 2 passes and still be faster than my Falcon's 15.70s ... that is OK with me, I can eat popcorn on a pass and not spill any.

Keeping busy. Christmas day.  Wife woke up sick = hacking , coughing ,, on the couch wrapped up in blankets.
Tony

Glen

did anyone else mow the yard today?   8)

phat rat

Quote from: "Glen"did anyone else mow the yard today?   8)

MOWING??? Why did you have to mention that? It's cold back in this part of the country. So now Frank will have to post a pic of himself wearing socks and mowing. Think what that will look like!  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

I refuse to install a ''winter yard'' since it requires mowing.  5 years ago when we could afford a ''yard service'' , the company installed rye grass in the front yard with out asking me.  That stuff still grows in a few sections of the yard.  :evil:
Tony

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"

I refuse to install a ''winter yard'' since it requires mowing.

i also stopped putting a "winter yard" in a few years ago. i got tired of mowing year round and it save a good bit of water also.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

Most of the AZ yards I've seen aremore or less a continuation of the nearby desert. Good for planting barely rusty old car parts.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!