What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I completed my Bachelor's degree in Information Technology majoring in Software Engineering and a minor in Information System Security.

chimp koose

Congrats fatcat! I got pleasant news today about one of my students . His after school/summer employer has informed him they will be apprenticing him as soon as he finishes high school. This means no tuition and partial pay as he completes the post secondary schooling to become a machinist. He could qualify to become a journeyman by the age of 21!

jaybee

kb426, I saw a car on the internet in which they put a 180* on the air intake in order to turn the corner to a conventionally-mounted air cleaner.  The purpose was to enable a shaker scoop on a muscle car to work as in the original.

Wallboard in the shop is coming along and I've replaced a bad windowsill in the house as well.  That turned out to be much easier than I believed or I would have done it much sooner.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I pulled a 454 out of a 50 Chevy car, I'll be setting a 350 back in it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I'm changing my halogen 32 headlights for Dietz 7" halogen with led turn signals hoping I'll be able to see after dark. In about 5 hours, I'll know if I went forward or sideways.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just returned. The high beams are very good. The low, not so good. I'll do some more tinkering tomorrow to see if there is a better compromise. I'm pretty sure I can see the deer right before I hit one now.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

I'm watching Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas on Speed Channel.

Boyd Who

Got my frame and firewall back from the sandblasters today. Now I can actually get started on the rebuilding process!  :D

enjenjo

Finished wiring the 32 5 window today.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I'm off to Goodland Ks. for a car show. Looks to be great weather for this time of year.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

We rode 430 miles on saturday. Ended up in Holbrook AZ for lunch.  We also checked on the retirement location.  Our dirt and trees are still there
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Sunday morning... watching the sun come up. Just me n the dog sitting out back.  A kool morning here for a change
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

Not much.  Just watchin' the "Physics Question" thread and tryin' to figure ways to poke at Al.   :P  :P  :mrgreen:
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

jaybee

Finished painting the new drywall in the garage and I've been putting things back together.  The color turned out to be a blue/gray a bit darker than Robins Egg Blue...dark enough to not show every mark, light enough to brighten the shop, and I like blue.

Everything needed a good cleaning and I've been making some small changes additionally.  This time around everything steel or wood will have a treated lumber pad underneath to protect from wet floors.  The low bench that had to be moved for drywall behind it moved a little when shaken, so I hooked it to the wall with some lag bolts.  Plus, everything needed a good clean and can benefit from some reorganization.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

32coupe

I finally got all the parts together and the crank polished on the Hemi, a friend came over last night to dial in the cam, needed to be 4deg retarded, and now it's full steam ahead to put it back in.  :D  :D  :D

I think I'm going to be a lot happier this time around :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem