What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

early friday eve  heading  into the weekend.

Dropped the Simca on to it's feet for first look see.  Dont get eggcited, bare body shell tacked onto frame tubes is all that is there.

Straight axle front with cross spring over axle... will be Vega box with cross steering behind axle

9 inch Ford on 4 link rear differential
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Rolled the Simca outside to blow out the crud and rat turds. This car sat in the desert at the former owners place for many years.

Still a few more bars to add to the roll cage and bars to the front area near engine (when it gets an engine) .  Roll cage is all mild steel, 1-5/8 x .134 tube.. smaller tube is 1-1/4 x .134.  All is MIG welded
Tony

Flipper

I lowered my O/T daily driver today.   I found a set of lowering springs on craigslist for $65.  In my opinion, this is they way it should have come from the factory.

Before:

Aftser:

barnsey

I am at work sanding and polishing timber floors  :(
I should be home in my shed working on my Vauxhall on this beautiful sunny Sunday.
barnsey

enjenjo

QuoteStill a few more bars to add to the roll cage and bars to the front area near engine (when it gets an engine) . Roll cage is all mild steel, 1-5/8 x .134 tube.. smaller tube is 1-1/4 x .134. All is MIG welded

What's it getting for power? another six?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteStill a few more bars to add to the roll cage and bars to the front area near engine (when it gets an engine) . Roll cage is all mild steel, 1-5/8 x .134 tube.. smaller tube is 1-1/4 x .134. All is MIG welded

331 cid small block chevy
Tony

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"331 cid small block chevy

with 43 lbs. of boost  :shock:

barnsey

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

331 cid small block chevy
one of these little damliers would be nice,
&NR=1
or how about a Top Fuel version.
&feature=related

&feature=related
I want one for my Vauxhall :D  :lol:  :lol:
barnsey

Glen

Quote from: "Glen"

I can hear the track announcer now "Twin Turbo Tony in the Tower lane......"

Crosley.In.AZ

I can hear the track announcer now "Twin Turbo Tony in the Tower lane......"

I took a co-worker for a ride  in my first boosted motor (69 Camaro = SB-Chevy) with 6-71 blower..around 1982 as I recall

I hit the throttle purty hard in 1st and 2nd gears, let up on it into 3rd gear. He was not too impressed till I told him we were doing 107 mph as we traveled down 67th avenue.  No seat belts on.

2 years later the 6-71 blown BBChevy in a different 69 Camaro.... 18 pounds of boost was fun.

8)
Tony

32coupe

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "32coupe"Just got home from work and have striped it down far enough to find a cam lobe gone on the exhaust valve on piston No8.

Looks like I can fit a blower spec cam now  :wink:

Not good, Andrew !!  .......Does this mean a complete teardown to clean out the grit?

Do you have any idea why it happened?

I drained the oil from the engine & filter before shipping, so I know it was in there before.  ......Did you pre-lube the engine before firing it?  .....Do you think the engine was assembled with a worn cam?

I got around to pulling the heads off and found that the bores are scored and the guy has just honed over the grooves, it needs to be bored over size and new pistons fitted. I will be taking it to the local engine rebuilders and having it checked and machined acordingly now, so no cruising for a while I guess.

At least now I will know that everything will be good, not just hoping it is.

See, an Ebay bargain is not always a bargain.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

jaybee

Finishing and installing a new bedroom door this weekend.  That door is one I've wanted to replace since moving in here 22 years ago.  The new one is 6 panel oak, with 2 coats of poly it already looks pretty good.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

GPster

Still waiting for the carb parts to come so I did something else on the list. The Jeepster has been takien of it's grass killing job and is now back in the garage. GPster

enjenjo

Finished rebuilding a 9" rear today. I finally got all the parts in.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "32coupe"I got around to pulling the heads off and found that the bores are scored and the guy has just honed over the grooves, it needs to be bored over size and new pistons fitted. I will be taking it to the local engine rebuilders and having it checked and machined acordingly now, so no cruising for a while I guess.

At least now I will know that everything will be good, not just hoping it is.

See, an Ebay bargain is not always a bargain.

Wow!  ......It sounded great when we heard it run and there was no visible smoke at all.  .....Of course, it was only running for a few minutes with no load.

I tried to protect your financial interest in the transaction, but without a pre-purchase teardown, there was no way of knowing what was inside.  .....I'm sorry things did not work out better!

The term, "rebuilt," means something different to each person.  .....Carl & the guy who built the engine were at a show a few weeks ago.  .....They had two other Hemi engines with them for sale.  .....Had I known of these defects at that time, I would have questioned them publicly.
......Due to distance and the blind purchase, I doubt you will have any recourse with them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!