What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I did a little body work on the lower door sill on my Dakota. I bent it about 3 or 4 years ago when a piece of ice got in my way.  :lol: That's one less thing on my "p***ed off " list of things to do.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Nothing on the hotrod, but tonight I'll be setting up the Lincoln 180 Mig welder that I bought today. I bought a MigPak 140 two years ago and love it. I didn't have 240V in my little garage at the time and that welder was ideal for my needs. Now that I have a proper workshop I wanted to bump up to a welder suitable for frame work.  :)

papastoyss

I have a Lincoln 180-c & I really like it.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

32coupe

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "32coupe"I got around to pulling the heads off and found that the bores are scored and the guy has just honed over the grooves, it needs to be bored over size and new pistons fitted. I will be taking it to the local engine rebuilders and having it checked and machined acordingly now, so no cruising for a while I guess.

At least now I will know that everything will be good, not just hoping it is.

See, an Ebay bargain is not always a bargain.

Wow!  ......It sounded great when we heard it run and there was no visible smoke at all.  .....Of course, it was only running for a few minutes with no load.

I tried to protect your financial interest in the transaction, but without a pre-purchase teardown, there was no way of knowing what was inside.  .....I'm sorry things did not work out better!

The term, "rebuilt," means something different to each person.  .....Carl & the guy who built the engine were at a show a few weeks ago.  .....They had two other Hemi engines with them for sale.  .....Had I known of these defects at that time, I would have questioned them publicly.
......Due to distance and the blind purchase, I doubt you will have any recourse with them.

I have stripped it down even further now and found the cause of all the problems, the big end journals on the crank are 0.010 down and the bearings are standard. The oil pressure was dropping off the warmer the engine got, some people don't seem to own a micrometre, or know how to use one.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

chimp koose

drag racing today and tomorrow. We went 4 rounds lost by.04 sec in the semifinal.

Crosley.In.AZ

Moved stuff around my shop, cleaned the shop some...

removed the front axle from the Simca, need to machine up a few parts for the steering arm to fit the Econoline spindles. Not too many aftermarket choices for Econoline spindles that I found.

Re-install axle, setup hair pins and build mount brackets for them.... then steering box to be added

Installed new horns with relay on daily driver Honda Civic car... the OEM horn had that sick "eeeeeee,  eeeeeeee "  sound. My Goldwing has louder horns than the Civic.  New horns are much louder, sound like real car horns
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

Trimmed out an interior door that I installed last weekend.  The back bedroom is an addition.  When they put it on they didn't pull the old sheathing off the house, just drywalled over it so the wall was 3/4" thicker than the door frame.  Not a difficult fix.

Finally getting around to hanging some drywall in the garage, as well.  Can't believe how much brighter it is in there even before it's primed and painted.  I have white primer and thought it was time to dig through my paint collection to see what I can combine for use.  Over a gallon of white, a dash of cream color, and about 1/2 gallon of yellow should combine for a warm off-white at my favorite price, and I get to reduce my inventory of partial paint cans for good measure.  Better paint a dab on something portable, though.  If I run out it's the definition of a "custom mix."  :)
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Fat Cat

Leaving in about 10 minutes to head for Columbus, Ohio to walk my college graduation ceremony. Spent the day yesterday selling retro soda and a chili cookoff.

kb426

TEAM SMART

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Rrumbler

Congratulations Fat Cat; it's never too late.  What, if I may ask, are you matriculating in?
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Carnut

river1

Congratulations, Fatcat!

now the big question,

did you learn anything?
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

I have been unhappy with a K&N style filter on my deuce since day one. There were space problems and the idea god wasn't helping me. Today I had an idea that I could live with. It doesn't look cool but it will be effective. I rolled some beads to make the base plate and welded in a stub that's offset to provide some clearance. I still need to trim and paint but you'll get the idea. I have less than 1/4" clearance where the filter clears everything. I'm happy now because the engine isn't going to eat near as much dirt.  :D
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Congrats Fatcat ....Good Job ... :b-d:

bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****