What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

installed a few more tubes in the Morris minor drag car project.

Glen bent up a pair of tubes for me. I got them fitted in and welded up. Fit great.

I had a minor incident while trimming a tree saturday...  a ladder, a pole type gas chain saw were invovled. A tree limb ( dead wood) got me as it fell. I will heal up I guess
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I'm in the process of wiring two cars at the same time, a VW Karmen Ghia, and a Chevy powered 32 Ford. If I get tired of one, I can go to the other one. I notice the price of wire has taken a big jump in the last year.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "32coupe"I went to the Tumut rod run, but the coupe didn't make it, I think I have spun a bearing, I only got 20ks from home and it had to be flatbebed back home, so I had to take the grocery getter instead.

Was this with the new Hemi motor?

Yes  :(
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

Quote from: "32coupe"
Quote from: "32coupe"I went to the Tumut rod run, but the coupe didn't make it, I think I have spun a bearing, I only got 20ks from home and it had to be flatbebed back home, so I had to take the grocery getter instead.

Was this with the new Hemi motor?

Yes  :(

Bummer!!!

32coupe

Just got home from work and have striped it down far enough to find a cam lobe gone on the exhaust valve on piston No8.

Looks like I can fit a blower spec cam now  :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "Crosley"You are selling a food product, that must be plenty of paperwork.

Fortunately I am selling pre-packaged products so as long as the vendor that packages the soda complies with food service regulations I am exempt from health department inspections.

That makes it easier...

Good-Guys events have a new rule jokingly refered to as the Hughes Performance rule.  At Good-Guys events where Hughes Performance would display, we gave out hot dogs and sodas = free .

3 yrs ago we were shut down in Snottsdale AZ Good-Guys event....no food handlers permit or classes attended. So , one Hughes employee  got the permit and attended required classes.  The next event were shut down again from food vendors complaints at the Good-Guys event.

Now, no  food is allowed to be given away or sold in the commercial vendor areas

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Spent a lot of the day typing about carburetor (parts) problems. Am slowly getting the Jeepster closer to the garage (so it will stop killing the grass). Put the Jeep behind the garage on the gravel last week because it at least ran and was drivable. Then I pulled the carb off of it. Oh well, gravel doesn't kill as easy as grass. Tried to do some welding on the front bumper that came with the Jeep so that my welding spot could be filled with the Jeepster. I'm going to have to get longer weld leads for my buzz box or learn how to use that wire feeder. I need to get more old cars. The grass I haven't killed needs mowed. I threatened to mow the grass naked unless someone else did it  but because I'm alone most days and and I have a six foot high privacy fence, nobody seems to care. GPster

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "32coupe"Just got home from work and have striped it down far enough to find a cam lobe gone on the exhaust valve on piston No8.

Looks like I can fit a blower spec cam now  :wink:

Not good, Andrew !!  .......Does this mean a complete teardown to clean out the grit?

Do you have any idea why it happened?

I drained the oil from the engine & filter before shipping, so I know it was in there before.  ......Did you pre-lube the engine before firing it?  .....Do you think the engine was assembled with a worn cam?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"New carb(1150 dominator ) on the race car this weekend. We got a tune up in it and it ran a best ever for our track in 4100 ft air. Car is off to Gimli next weekend ,with good air it may run its first 8.

Sounds good! If you're passing through Neepawa on your way to Gimli, smile and wave! Better still, stop by the house if you have time. We're right on Hwy 16, one block west of the traffic light.

enjenjo

Back to wiring today, no more scrap to haul/ Two days, $500 for scrap.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "enjenjo"Bavk to wiring today, no more scrap to haul/ Two days, $500 for scrap.

How much did they pay for brass?

Is bronze considered the same as brass by scrapyards?

enjenjo

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Back to wiring today, no more scrap to haul/ Two days, $500 for scrap.

Yes it's the same, $1.75 a pound.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Back to wiring today, no more scrap to haul/ Two days, $500 for scrap.

Yes it's the same, $1.75 a pound.

Thanks, Frank!

enjenjo

Why is it that when you are finishing a wiring job, you need one more wire in the harness run inside the frame? After everything is hooked up?

chimp koose

boyd who..... Thanks for the invite but I will not be going on this weekends outing. I will be repairing a deck for a friend of mine. He has offered me an 84 ford 1/2 ton  W/5.8L HO /c4 (RUSTY) for my trouble.Question of the day? Do I put this driveline in my 65merc 1/2 ton in place of the 300-6/4spd or save it for the T coupe?I have a bunch of sbc engines I could use in the coupe 1-350  2-400s and a selection of gm transmissions.