What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

well i was feeling good until i started the corvair in my Vw van for the first time in several years... put some gas in the tank and it fired up on the second turn of the key... let it run for  a minute.. watched the oil pressure.. shut down.. went to take a look...  a single about half grown mouse comes crawling up from the blower wheel..  i had no idea they were living in there..

i know it's only a mouse... but. i still feel bad..

i am also retiring my 69 E200....   its going as soon as i can arrange for a ride back...  it was a good van... i just don't need this many cars... i only have gotten offers for 300 bucks from scrap... i will get a grand from the cap and trade program ...   i hate to see it go... its got about a million miles and 20 years of memories...  a great running 289 the biggest 4 core radiator you could fit.. i had it custom made.. ...a freshly built C4.. a 9 inch rear end with posi... all new brakes...  i just don't need it .. and don't have a decent place to take it all apart for the pieces.    the last straw was last week somebody smashed another window out of it..   thats the 4th in the last year.. not including the windshield..  thats broken also.  

some benz even ran into the front...  look at what happened to that benz.. and in only bent the bumper.. took me 5 minutes with a come along to unbend it...  as hard as the benz hit.. it never got to the already smashed sheet metal..

GPster

Quote from: "wayne petty"well i was feeling good until i started the corvair in my Vw van for the first time in several years... put some gas in the tank and it fired up on the second turn of the key... let it run for  a minute.. watched the oil pressure.. shut down.. went to take a look...  a single about half grown mouse comes crawling up from the blower wheel..  i had no idea they were living in there.. i know it's only a mouse... but. i still feel bad..
That sheet metal piece between the cylinders and the push rod tubeswould make a simple clean up impossible. Of course the "O" rings at the ends of the push rod tubes are probably cracked with age. Sounds like the start of a cheap sand buggy with the pieces. Is it one of your starage sheds? GPster

WZ JUNK

I got the bike project licensed yesterday and I have rode it a few miles this morning.  I still have a lot of cleaning and detailing to do.  I will change out the engine case savers for some smaller ones.  As you can see I kind of made a tribute to the #974.  Eventually it will have a 974 on it.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

tom36

Picking up anything loose that I think will blow around : putting all the toys under cover.  Now just waiting to see what track Irene takes.  Supposed to be here on Sunday.  Warm and muggy today---the calm before the storm.   Tom...

jaybee

Good looking bike, I really like it.  When I was a teenager an older brother of a guy in my High School class had an early Gold Wing that wasn't dressed.  Took a little getting used to because so many of them were full fairing and saddle bag equipped, but obviously it was very comfortable because he'd ride it around town all day long and barely ever stop.  Looked almost like he was sitting on the couch it was so tractable and smooth.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

John, the bike looks good.. some of the goldwings  I have seen 'bobbed' do not have the proper "look".

It will make a good pit cruiser at b-ville or Maxon. Small trailer in tow, supplies = liquid and tools
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

John, bike looks good. I spent the day at an estate sale. I saw a 30 model a 5 window all disassembled but with very little rust bring $3500, 64 Falcon Sprint convertible, mostly disassembled bring 3 grand. 56 Cadillac with 47,000 miles, all there, pretty good condition with no visible rust bring $5600. 36 chevy 2 ton truck in really good condition bring $1500. The scrappers are out buying up lots of stuff. This man had antique tractors also. Some brought 2 grand for the restored ones and some brought less than a grand. It was an interesting day watching the results. There was around 200 bidders numbers. This is in a town of 30,000 people. A lot of us were from out of town.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Did a brake job on the front of my big van. $325 in parts, and I did not use the premium pads, or replace wheel bearings. Rotors, pads, and one tie rod end.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

Im off to our Hotrod and Street Machine show this weekend. Last year I entered the show with my brothers and son so this year I'm just a spectator.
I'll post some pix later on.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

32coupe

I went to the Tumut rod run, but the coupe didn't make it, I think I have spun a bearing, I only got 20ks from home and it had to be flatbebed back home, so I had to take the grocery getter instead.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

chimp koose

New carb(1150 dominator ) on the race car this weekend. We got a tune up in it and it ran a best ever for our track in 4100 ft air. Car is off to Gimli next weekend ,with good air it may run its first 8.

Fat Cat

Well as with most weekends for the last 2 months, I have been working on getting all things in line for my big debut of my new business venture. Today I went up and got another order of bottled soda to sell at the local county fair this upcoming week.

Miss Kitty and I have decided to sell gourmet bottled soda and have spent the last 2 months swimming through government red tape to get the business setup and running.

enjenjo

Quote from: "32coupe"I went to the Tumut rod run, but the coupe didn't make it, I think I have spun a bearing, I only got 20ks from home and it had to be flatbebed back home, so I had to take the grocery getter instead.

Was this with the new Hemi motor?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Well as with most weekends for the last 2 months, I have been working on getting all things in line for my big debut of my new business venture. Today I went up and got another order of bottled soda to sell at the local county fair this upcoming week.

Miss Kitty and I have decided to sell gourmet bottled soda and have spent the last 2 months swimming through government red tape to get the business setup and running.

at this point , you only have about 5 or 6 more months of gubmint red tape?   :lol:

When I set up my repair shop in Tempe AZ (1998), a move from the west side. Kripes,  every 3 - 4 weeks the city sent me some notice to comply with a rule - ordinance.

You are selling a food product, that must be plenty of paperwork.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"You are selling a food product, that must be plenty of paperwork.

Fortunately I am selling pre-packaged products so as long as the vendor that packages the soda complies with food service regulations I am exempt from health department inspections.