NSRA year change

Started by enjenjo, April 16, 2009, 09:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

Quote from: "river1"this is another example of what i call WALMART-ization. companies who believe that the only way to be successful is to be everything for everyone. in most cases just the opposite occurs, long term they are not successful. they gain a small group of fans/customers at the expense of their most loyal core.

my $.02

later jim

Yea look at NASCAR.

40cpe

I only have an opinion, but I don't like it. There is already too much overcrowding in parking, vendor areas, and lodging. All I can do is let them know how I feel and stay away.

The year they announced that Shades of the Past was allowing later vehicles was my last year for that event. If this goes through, I won't be back to Knoxville. NSRA has been testing the waters for the expanded shows for years and I guess they think it will be good for them. They have to realize they will loose some members/participants and gain more.

HotRodLadyCrusr

The NSRA venues that I attend are all crowded, some like the Nats, seem to be already at maxium capacity for comfort of participants.  I have not attended an NSRA event that has later then 48 cut off and I don't plan on attending any in the furture.  There are way too many other very cool events out there to choose from that suit my style.  NSRA and GG are not the end all to be all.  They need to stick with their nitch market and not screw up a good thing at the majority of their events.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

unklian

If the new cut off date is 30 years, why have a cut off date at all ?

Maybe that is the next step.  :wink:   :roll:

Topsterguy

Well, Greedyguys upped the memberships for Canadians from $45 to $85 us, which is just over$100 cdn and apparently NSRA is doing the same, so from what I hear a lot of guys are not renewing their memberships and doing fewer, if any, of their runs.  Ad the '80 cutoff and that'll about cinch it for a lot of us. I can go to any supermarket parking lot and see cars up to '80, and from what I've seen it's usually those cars that do the mickey mouse burnouts etc.  There's still smaller runs around that do pre 49, and besides, our money's not worth squat again so may as well stay up here!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Crosley.In.AZ

I guess NAPCAR is a good eggzample.  My interest slowly dropped to zero the past 12 - 15 years  with all the new rules put into place.  

The traffic light on pit road entrance  was the real drop in my interest.  NASCAR ain't NASCAR to me any longer.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jokester

I'm against it.  The reason I go to pre-'49 shows is that they are pre-'49 shows.  If I want to go to see late models I can go to a local cruise-in almost every weekend for free and see pre-'80s cars.  I used to like NSRA shows because they were unique.  Now it will be an also-ran.  It's my last year if the rule sticks.

I could see it if they just added a year every year (this year go to pre-
50, next year pre-'51 etc).  By the time they got to 80's I'd be dead.  Granted there are some fine cars that can't get in, but there are other shows for them.  I don't gripe because I can't go to a Mustang or a Corvette show; I just don't go.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Mikej

I have a Mustang frontend and a vette rearend. Does that that let me go to the Mustang & Vette shows?

Charlie Chops 1940

Well, as someone said it isn't going to help the rooms situation any. Seems like as soon an event becomes successful the hospitality community starts gouging everyone. NSRA seemed to be on a path some years ago of policing that, to no avail. I just went to a swap meet in Louisville a few weeks ago and paid $80 for the $130 Nationals room.

I'm pretty much turning into a camper where I can and will start skipping the meets where camping prices are as bad as rooms.

NSRA will need the late models and donks because the host communities are pricing a lot of people out of the game.

Too much of a good thing? Maybe. Anyway, that's my rant on the national events.

As for pre-49, it's their business...no-one ever said NSRA was a benevolent society. I'll vote one way or the other based on my interests and wallet.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
As for pre-49, it's their business...no-one ever said NSRA was a benevolent society. I'll vote one way or the other based on my interests and wallet.

Charlie
Wasn't too long ago that the NSRA made a big deal out of the pre '49 thing. They talked about how the definition of a "street rod" was now in the Websters dictionary  as  "a modified Pre 1949 vehicle". I wonder if they will try to get the definition changed or change their own name????
 BTW here's another future Power Parker...

Grandadeo

Quote from: "Carnut"Guess I'm glad I got that lifetime membership to NSRA back in the 70's.

Don't rub it in.  I remember thinking, "Man, $175 for a lifetime membership - that sure is a lot of money to come up with at one time.  I can buy a lot of parts with that."  

Oh well.  Looks like I won't need to worry about it in the future.  There are enough good events to fill my dance card with that I guess I'll survive.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Charlie Chops 1940

It's a good think I wasn't drinking anything when I open this.....

Charlie

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"

Charlie
Wasn't too long ago that the NSRA made a big deal out of the pre '49 thing. They talked about how the definition of a "street rod" was now in the Websters dictionary  as  "a modified Pre 1949 vehicle". I wonder if they will try to get the definition changed or change their own name????
 BTW here's another future Power Parker...
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

rumrumm

I guess that guy who was driving a '79 Caddy with 20 inch Budniks will be able to show it off at the Nats rather than drive around on the street outside the gates. Maybe I can park beside him!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Charlie Chops 1940

I guess I could just dust off my old '78 Seville Elegante daily driver and go for it. It's got patina...

Quote from: "rumrumm"I guess that guy who was driving a '79 Caddy with 20 inch Budniks will be able to show it off at the Nats rather than drive around on the street outside the gates. Maybe I can park beside him!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

A Hooligan!

junkyardjeff

I could see a cut off at 1970 but not 1980.