NSRA year change

Started by enjenjo, April 16, 2009, 09:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipper

Two words: f*ck that!

I hope there are 1,000 cars in Louisville next year...and that they are all donked out 70's full sizes.

58Apache

Well I understand the fear of the extremes, but don't forget the generations in between 49 and 72. There is one HECK of a lot of COOL CARS in that era and the custom work will be worth admiring.

How the heck you can exclude cool 55-57 Chevy's from a show because they aren't old enough just doesn't make sense to me.

I can't wait to show off my work in person and be able to take it inside where I can watch it. I don't think the reaction will be the same as a 1980 4 door!  

I now have hopes for my 58 Apache when it's done as I am going to try to "hot rod" it while making it a tow vehicle.

Cool cars are cool cars and while I don't care for later 70's cars in general, (The Corvette is the exception) I really do like the 55-72 era cars.

I think there will be a lot more positive than what you are thinking it will be. Give it a chance and you can choose to walk if want, ....but I guess you could always get Mikey to try it :)

I'll be there and look forward to seeing some cool cars!

Steve

UGLY OLDS

Hey Frank.....Just think.. :idea:   Now they can't run you & the Marlin out of K-Zoo anymore  :!:   :roll:

Bob........... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

that there is funny...  1979 LTD Ford give away car for 2010...  Mustang II front end , SBC , 700r4 trans, 4 bar triangulated rear  air bag  suspension
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Hey Frank.....Just think.. :idea:   Now they can't run you & the Marlin out of K-Zoo anymore  :!:   :roll:

Bob........... :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

On the one hand, I don't want to see the show diluted, I go there for the pre 49 stuff. But on the other hand this will allow some younger guys to attend with cars they can remember when they were kids. In any case I don't think they will be over run with Donks, or Mini Trucks, or any of the other cars that "might" show up. Face it, we are not the crowd they want to hang with.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58Apache

Quote from: "Crosley"that there is funny...  1979 LTD Ford give away car for 2010...  Mustang II front end , SBC , 700r4 trans, 4 bar triangulated rear  air bag  suspension

How far out is it compared to a fiberglass kit car that resembles a street rod and has a Toyta 4 banger in it? Or an unsafe rat rod?

unklian

What year did they start importing Ladas ?

phat46

Well maybe it's not so bad after all. I can pick this up for a song. Just pull into the campgrouds, you got a place to stay, all the comforts of home, and in the morning you can get in line before anyone else, go back to bed and get the best power parking spot on the grounds. Of course I will put some trim rings on it and rattle can some flames, you know, a hotrodder can't leave anything alone!  :D  :D  :D  :roll:  (yes, it is an '80)

57larry

they have a 30 yr rule, every year you'll see a different yr auto show up. Joe Mayall of Street Scene came up with the idea, just the way the DMV does it in Calif. write him and tell him what you think

Carnut

Well, with stuff like this showing up:

and

with the current pre 49 rule, how could 30 yrs and older be much worse?

chopped

"overwhelming majority" my fat butt. Because they found it necessary to B.S. grown men on their reason they lost me. I didn't like the change but if they could have at least been honest I would have lived with it. I'll find other places to spend my time and money.

Crosley.In.AZ

I am the type that would drive the  Dodge  van into the show, with my wife following in the 1979 LTD

or a Datsun 310

or a Donked out 1979 Chevette

:lol:

NSRA could have made the change more gradual , not sure it would help though.  Move the cut off date to 1962  for a few years
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

39deluxe

I think that there will be more cool '50s and '60s stuff and a minimum of '70's smogger cars......at least I hope.

Tom

river1

this is another example of what i call WALMART-ization. companies who believe that the only way to be successful is to be everything for everyone. in most cases just the opposite occurs, long term they are not successful. they gain a small group of fans/customers at the expense of their most loyal core.

my $.02

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.