RRT build day

Started by enjenjo, March 18, 2009, 07:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

How late will you be working? MSU is off for us. Court went yesterday for FFA at 5 am and really isn't all that interested in going back. Got fence work to do here, maybe we can get down later on.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Danimal"How late will you be working? MSU is off for us. Court went yesterday for FFA at 5 am and really isn't all that interested in going back. Got fence work to do here, maybe we can get down later on.

No idea, it's up to the guys. I live here so I don't have far to go. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

Danimal

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Danimal"How late will you be working? MSU is off for us. Court went yesterday for FFA at 5 am and really isn't all that interested in going back. Got fence work to do here, maybe we can get down later on.

No idea, it's up to the guys. I live here so I don't have far to go. :lol:

You could always take a nap, too!

enjenjo

Well, we worked to about 7 pm. We didn't get as much done as we wanted, but a lot done just the same. we had phat 46, GPster, Purple pickup, 39 deluxe, moose, fat cat, and me here.

Since the doors are the only part the previous owner did not disassemble, and still have some structural integrity, we decided to build the body around the doors. And since this is a Hot rod, we chopped the doors 2", and will fit the rest of the body around them. We got both the doors chopped, the door frames sand blasted, and a patch panel in one of the doors. Plus all the garbage was stripped off the quarters, and the deck cover. We made one new rocker panel, the old ones were too far gone. Still have to make one yet.

We are going to try to get the door frames assembled tomorrow, so we can set them up on the jig and get this thing started.

enjenjo

some pictures of the build day

enjenjo

unklian

Quote from: "enjenjo"Trying to decide if we can use the front end we have. Don't look like it at this time. I'm going to see if I can find an old Buick hood, and see if we can build around that.

A late '40s GM hood would be good.

I used to have a '47 Pontiac hood, 5 feet long, and 5 feet wide, IIRC.

39deluxe

That might just work. We would only have to narrow it a couple of feet at the rear.

It was a fun time getting to know the guys and starting on something new. I did get a little sun on my neck but it was worth it.

Tom

Charlie Chops 1940

I looked at all of those pictures and with all that talk about doors I expected to see something that looked like a door....LOL

Can you guys use a '40 Chevy passenger car hood...I'll donate one if you want it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

good photos...  I see the Crosley cowl section sitting there.  Soon it disappears under a pile of stuff.

Did Gpster keep the pop rivets in proper pattern?   Did George help?
:wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Looks like you guys got a lot done after I had to bail early. I had a good time, and got a little sunburned where my hair is starting to thin a little.. :roll: I left my gloves there too so I guess I'll have to come back down sometime and retrieve them...

EDIT: I decided to add a picture of someone actually working.  that's the door that Frank is chopping.

WZ JUNK

Looks like a bunch of guys standing around watching one guy work.

Other picture shows a bunch of guys sitting around a table eating.

That is exactly what happens at my place everyday.

Looks like fun though.  I wish I could have been there.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

river1

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Looks like a bunch of guys standing around watching one guy work.

John

i was wondering what UNION they belong to :-}

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

wish i could have been there also :cry:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

unklian

With a 2" chop, do you guys plan on
laying the windshield back ? Or stretching the roof ?