Quote from: "unklian"Coupe ?

Yes, super Sedan.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

Not a Wagon. Ok, cool.

---

Somehow the words Super and Crosley just don't seem to fit together.  :lol:

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Enjenjo...... i tend to agree with your assessment  of the car.  With out this group project that Crosley car most likely would never be used again... just the parts and pieces.

The deal with Crosley autos is the sheet metal is getting scarce.  Plenty of mechanical stuff around since the power train parts were produced into the 60's  in various forms.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Any chance he'd sell just the sheet metal? He could E bay the rest, or is there any market for the mechanicals? We could sell that stuff to recoup some of the cost.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"Any chance he'd sell just the sheet metal? He could E bay the rest, or is there any market for the mechanicals? We could sell that stuff to recoup some of the cost.

He will only sell it all, he doesn't want to part it out. The National Crosley meet is 10 miles from me every year, so getting rid of it should not be a problem.

unklian

What year is the body ?

enjenjo

Quote from: "unklian"What year is the body ?

He says 51. Tony says 49 or 50. I believe Tony.

unklian

Are the doors and rear quarter panels the same as the earlier cars ?

In which case it could be a '48 for Bonneville, in Competition Coupe,
since you are allowed to change/modify the front sheet metal.

enjenjo

Quote from: "unklian"Are the doors and rear quarter panels the same as the earlier cars ?

In which case it could be a '48 for Bonneville, in Competition Coupe,
since you are allowed to change/modify the front sheet metal.

The body is the same. At least it is for our purposes. There are some detail changes.

unklian

Cool stuff.  Looking forward to it.

Mikej

Are there any artists on the RRT that could do some sketchs? Just my opinion but I would like to see the front wheels inside the sheet metal. Extend the front , move the motor and seat back. I have a pair of drop spindles for a Mustang II if needed.  Would like to help some also.

Leon

I could come up with a set of spindles for a 53-54 Chevy if needed.  There's some straight axle stuff for those spindles.