RRT project

Started by enjenjo, January 10, 2009, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

unklian

Don't think I've even seen an altered wheelbase Mini.

moose

The Blue Goose lives just north of me....

Crosley.In.AZ

couple more photos for idears.... seems to be a common design theme on most of them
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

unklian

My apologies is some of these are reposts.

unklian

Carnut

Flying Eyeballs might get a kick out of this one.

Danimal

I'm in. I'll do whatever I'm able and I'll even throw Court and Eli in on the deal. They do a good job cleaning and have good ideas during builds once in a while. Court is working with Frank this week so he might pick up a bad habit or two.

Grandadeo

I just jumped back in this thread and saw that a Crosley looks to be the body of choice.  Did a crazedlist search around the country and found these listed on various Craigslists.  There were a few more but they were $2000 -$2500 and I figured that was way too much.  Most of these aren't cheap but unneeded parts could be sold off to get back some, maybe most, of the investment.  You guys have likely seen all of these already but just in case wanted to post them.  BTW never knew there were so many products that carried the Crosley name.

Lee

1948 Crosley station wagon - $1500 (Circle Pines, MN.)  Reply to: sale-984246695@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-07, 5:38PM CST

1951 Crosley restoration project - $1500 (Erie, Mi)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-01-13, 10:23PM EST
1951 Crosley restoration project - $1500 (Erie, Mi)
2 door hard top, Super Sedan, 4 cyl, 3 speed stick shift, stripped to frame, frame restored, ran good when disassembled, 3 extra engines, 1 extra trans,service and repair manual goes with it, all parts availability, 55 mls to the gallon at 55 mph, time and finance force sale. Serious restoration project. $1500 or best offer

1950 crosley hot shot - $1300 (brooks ky)
Reply to: sale-1010220949@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-27, 5:11PM EST
1950 crosley hot shot 4cly 3 speed needs restored complete 502 693 22   
Reply to: sale-1016522221@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-02-01, 11:15AM PST

1950 Crosley Wagon - $500 (NOR CAL Mendocino Co.)
I have a 1950 crosley wagon for sale. This is an American micro car. Cute like an Isetta or Messerschmitt. It is a rolling project. Body is in great shape; only a few dings. The floors have some rust through in the depressions behind the front seats. There is a complete cast iron motor and parts of several others. I also have an other chassi that has been cut in half but has good parts. I will consider trades for a vintage scooter.
I will post pictures later today.
I am located in Willits California 95490.
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

enjenjo

#2 is only 20 miles from me. I will contact him.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

Is there much of a market for the unnecessary parts ?

sirstude

I checked with my buddy and he would sell all his Crosly stuff for the $1000 he paid for it.  I can take some pictures if nothing out there works out and see if you are interested. I know there are 2 cars and 3 motors here.  I think all Crosly guys seem to have 3 motors, must be a fetish.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I have an appointment to look at the one in Erie Sunday. We'll see what's there.

enjenjo

Well, I went up and looked at it. not a bad piece overall. The floor is bad, real bad, but we don't need that any way. There is a bit of rust in the bottom of the doors, nothing serious. Minor rust on all 4 fenders, easy to patch. He "repaired" the frame, good welds, not a good job, but another part we don't need. there are 4 engines, three transmissions, and two front axles and rear ends. Three engines are complete, one disassembled. Pplus lots of boxes of extra parts. The body is completely apart, he drilled out all the spot welds to seperate all the panels. To be honest, without something like this, it will likely never see the light of day again. He gave me a lower price than the advertised one. I think it can be had for less. we should be able to sell of most of the parts to recover the purchase price.