RRT project

Started by enjenjo, January 10, 2009, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unklian

Quote from: "Crosley"
Spindle mount wheels would be expensive.... need brakes on all 4 corners?

Ford made some nice forged Aluminum "Space Saver" wheels.
Late model Mustangs etc.With some proper narrow tires, they
would work fine on front for dragging.

Shouldn't be too difficult/expensive to get.

purplepickup

Quote from: "GPster"It's an inside/outside thing between me and George on the BBQ trailer. Because I only worked on one side I'd guess anything I worked on would only be half-fast. GPster
The side Joe did was perfect.  I let the template slip on my side and it's very obvious.  Of course there's always someone around to remind me about it or show off the screwup while I'm around.  :oops:    

....so if I'm working on something on the Crosley, keep an eye on me. :wink:

There will probably be quite a few inside jokes among the members that work together on the car project.  That's the social side of doing something like this that will live a long time. :D
George

sirstude

I checked with the 2 guys that knew about the Crosley wagon in Casper, and they both said they could drive me there, but not give directions.  It is on the way to the old Auto Auction is what the said.  Does anyone have any connections to Casper WY that might be able to drive around and find it? I can connect them to the guys I know and between them it might be found.  That is if a Wagon is what we are looking for.  I was also told yesterday, that one of the guys in the Antique Car club list's having 4 of them, so I will check that out also.  Curt, has not made up his mind on the 2 that he has that I mentioned last week.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I really would rather have a sedan than a wagon. I found one near here in mi. but he is firm on $1500. but there are a bunch of spare parts with it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

Have to allow transportation costs on something far away.

A "free" car in Australia, might not be a good deal by the time it arrived.

enjenjo

Don't get me wrong, a wagon at the right price would do too. I'm still trying to track down the one in Wauseon.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Here's a wagon in Snottsdale, AZ.  Don't know if it's worth $1500 tho.
http://www.collectorcarads.com/Crosley-Wagon/26441

While I was poking around I saw this way to make the body fit a longer wheelbase too.

George

Crosley.In.AZ

I think that red bucket of bolts was on eBay last year.  interesting idea  with the front sheet metal.

Don't tell the Crosley owner what the intent of the body use is... some are OEM strong with opinions.

One fellow here had one of my former Crosley car bodies for sale  on craigs list ... it was a wagon too.

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

Can anyone find a straight on side view
of a Crosley sedan and a Crosley wagon ?

They have the same wheelbase, the only
difference will be the profile on the back.

Crosley.In.AZ

a few photos of Crosley cars
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

'48 Wagon

Coupe with stock roof.

unklian

Chopped top and altered wheelbase.

unklian

Looks like a 40 Ford hood.

unklian

This one sits nice, the body is lower than the Blue one.

Notice the roof hatch.

Body appears to be 'glas.