How's your gas?

Started by phat46, October 13, 2008, 07:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

went up to 1.58 first part of the week--then down to 1.49 again yesterday.

38HAULR

Did a 130Km [approx 80miles] return trip yesterday to return two of my grandkids to my son.  Instead of using the Mustang which takes premium at $1.40 per litre[4.55 litres to an Aussie gallon].  We used my wifes 6 cyl Commodore that runs dedicated LPG [or propane as I understand called in the US.]   This was 39.5 Cents per litre..........Frank.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "38HAULR"Did a 130Km [approx 80miles] return trip yesterday to return two of my grandkids to my son.  Instead of using the Mustang which takes premium at $1.40 per litre[4.55 litres to an Aussie gallon].  We used my wifes 6 cyl Commodore that runs dedicated LPG [or propane as I understand called in the US.]   This was 39.5 Cents per litre..........Frank.

hi.... actually the gas is called LPG or Propane here... it seems the BBQ uses propane and the car gets LPG.

We also have vehicles that run the natural gas.  A buddy of mine has a f-250 Ford that uses natural gas besides gasoline.  

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

38HAULR

Hi Tony.    Same reference here, I guess the earlier read ups I have done from a US website referred to the particular LPG vehicle as running on propane,and the perception stuck. The tanks photograghed also looked like what we use on forklifts or domestic tanks for areas that are not serviced by Natural Gas.   We have more rodders using LPG now, not only is the cost benefit,but we have some rules regarding engine swaps . If you fit later engines, then the vehicle has to conform to the emission standard applicable to the engine year of mfg. If you run straight LPG, and fling all the gasolene related bits,like tank fuel pump lines etc. then you have an engine bay looking more 1960,s without all the emission control plumbing and hang on crap and have what is regarded as a cleaner vehicle..   At the moment the Gummint is giving a $2000 rebate to motorists who convert to LPG also ,you as an individual can claim one rebate in a 3 yr period.......Frank.

Crosley.In.AZ

they even put blue  propane stickers on the cars here...

the ALT fuel vehicles here in Aridzona get special license  plates and can use the car-pool lane too
Tony

38HAULR

Quote from: "Crosley"they even put blue  propane stickers on the cars here...

the ALT fuel vehicles here in Aridzona get special license  plates and can use the car-pool lane too
We have a mandated, red "LP Gas" sticker about an inch square  for the back and front plates,this obviously assists emergency svces,should there be a collision ,I guess. The other requirement is that since about 1993, all new LPG installs have a compliance plate ,the fitment is considered a modification requiring licenced fitters. Some do their own and get it  inspected/signed off/complianced.  My last 3 I did this way,paid for inspection,and they fitted the compliance plate . Dumb if you d,ont as your insurance would be affected.........Frank.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "38HAULR"
Quote from: "Crosley"they even put blue  propane stickers on the cars here...

We have a mandated, red "LP Gas" sticker about an inch square  for the back and front plates,this obviously assists emergency svces,should there be a collision ,I guess. The other requirement is that since about 1993, all new LPG installs have a compliance plate ,the fitment is considered a modification requiring licenced fitters. Some do their own and get it  inspected/signed off/complianced.  My last 3 I did this way,paid for inspection,and they fitted the compliance plate . Dumb if you d,ont as your insurance would be affected.........Frank.

Same here in Aridzona... the various  Fire Depts wanted ALT fuel plates on the vehicles so they would know of the high pressure tanks under them..

We had a fiasco of laws here in 2000 - 2001 where the elected officials mis-worded some legislation.  The state of Arizona was paying a large some of cash for each new vehicle  that was built  ALT fuel by the OEM manufacturer or a conversion to ALT fuel..  That cost the tax payers many hundreds of millions of dollars before the law was fixed / ALTered.    :lol:
Tony

Bugpac

1.24 in jasper ga on saturday... :D
1.79 in charleston wv monday.. Gas was more all the way up 77 it seemed like...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Carnut

And I'm still driving around on $3.00+ gas in all my rides.

Only my PT Cruiser is down anywhere near 3/4 tank and filling it at that point is almost wasted effort.

I'm gonna miss out on this whole cheap gas deal.

Bugpac

Quote from: "Carnut"And I'm still driving around on $3.00+ gas in all my rides.

Only my PT Cruiser is down anywhere near 3/4 tank and filling it at that point is almost wasted effort.

I'm gonna miss out on this whole cheap gas deal.

you need to get out more often.... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Charlie Chops 1940

The gas companies are playing games again, bought at 1.54 Monday. It's 1.85 today. Futures went back up. The *.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Carnut

Heh, heh, I managed to squeeze in 7 gals of premium into my 67 Charger today at $1.88/gal.

Finally getting in on some of that cheap gas.

phat46

It's as high as $1.99 here  :x

HYPORX

Filled at $4.62 a gallon last night in Germany. Still near $2 cheaper, per gallon, than before the prices went down.

Welcome to Europe!  :D Please bend over... :oops:  :roll:  :wink:

Grandadeo

Just filled  up for $1.79 at Sam's Club.  About 20 cents higher than a few weeks ago.  By the way the Hess station and a few others were the same as Sam's.  What happened to the Warehouse Club deal?

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50