How's your gas?

Started by phat46, October 13, 2008, 07:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

$1.97  in N. Illinois........... :shock:  :shock:   And yes ...Sta-Bil is used faithfully here...I keep 10-15 gallons of fuel "in stock" for yard tractor & trimmers/blowers/snippers/sweepers/diggers/twiggers/etc..  (All the stuff the wife needs for yard work.... :lol: ) ..No carb rebuilds needed since I started using it..... 8)

Bob............... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

GPster

The Golden Eagle grocery store chain is tied to the Get Go gas stations. They give a discount on gas figured on your grocery purchesses and the other day our discount had reached $1.35 a gallon. They only allow yoy to purchase 30 gallons on that deal so I gathered up my gas cans and Linda and I planned to make our "killing". She went out shopping today and called me so we could meet at the station. When I got there I was surprised that their gas was only $1.81 a gallon but when she showed up part of her shopping had been groceries. She had run the discount up to $1.50. Now everything is full and the gas was $ .24 a gallon. I can remember pumping gas at that price before but it's been a      l  o  n  g   time. GPster

Grandadeo

$1.87 when I filled up the roadster at Sam's this morning.  Come on down!!

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Uncle Bob

Still not under $2 in Las Vegas yet, but gettin' close.  Saw $2.03 yesterday, so maybe later today we'll break through.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Land Yacht

$1.65/1.75/1.85   12-4-08  Colorado.
1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

HotRodLadyCrusr

$1.51 at Costco....and they lowered the cost of their photo prints to .13 each!  :D
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Crosley.In.AZ

I paid 1.76 a gallon for regular at Costco 2 days ago.

Diesel was at 2.35 a gallon last week ... I have not looked this week.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

$1.54 here today at Meijers
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Gas actually went up here recently. Most stations are around $1.74 9. But it's as low as $1.61 if you want to drive across town. (three miles) I went to N.Carolina for Thanksgiving and we filled up at a small station in W. Virginia. My wife was puyying in the gas while i was visiting the restroom. When i came out she asked me to moved the car ahead because there was a problem with the pump. I looked at the pump and it shower $18 on it. i thought it had quit working before she was done filling the tank. When she came back out she said the pump didn't print a receipt and she had gone in to get one. I couldn't remember the last time I filled up from under a quarter tank for $18!!!!

Jbird

A buck sixty-five out here on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. I feel like filling up every fifty five gallon drum I can find and burying them in the backyard for the "next time"   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

HotRodLadyCrusr

$1.49 here in Lovely Livonia today!!  
Woohoo, under a buck fifty!

river1

$1.67 at costco today!!

i was pretty empty and i filled it for under $40. i'm going to enjoy it while it last because i know it won't.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

HotRodLadyCrusr

$1.42 at Costco yesterday!

Grandadeo

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"$1.42 at Costco yesterday!

In the high $1.70s down here.  Denise, how did you make out with your, ah the Big Old's rear end?  To bad you didn't make Daytona.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

HotRodLadyCrusr

The rear was fixed at the shop that it was towed to.  New posi carrier, ring and pinion, all new bearings and seals.  I really, really trust the shop and owner Dave.  He told me that the rear will last longer then the rest of Big Olds so I'm very confident.

I received a refund check for the full amount that DTS charged me for rear work in Sept PLUS the full amount for repairs for the damage done to my hood while the car was in their care.  My refund from DTS for the repairs did not cover the complete cost of repairs at Quality Machine in Dayton BUT there was no way I was letting DTS tow my car back to Detroit and fix it themselves (which by law in Michigan is their right) so when they agreed to refund me my money I didn't push my luck asking for more to cover the additional expenses.

I got a ride down to Dayton, OH last Saturday and then drove Big Olds to Nashville, TN and flew home from there.  Big Olds is getting some touch up paint work done, Vintage air/heat/defrost installed and a drop down panel under the dash.  I'll head down every couple of weeks to help with the process and will then pick him up in the spring once it's safe to drive him home without the threat of icy roads.

He'll be better then new in the spring and ready for another 88,000 miles  :D