The Zoo

Started by enjenjo, August 24, 2008, 01:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

rain,  :( rain, :(  rain,  :( but no snow is forecast.   :D
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fat Cat

And just so you dont let the forecast of rain dampen your enthusiasm we will have our big tent with full side curtains there so if it does rain will will have room to keep everyone dry and happy.

phat rat

aawwwrright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Danimal

Man, I passed a T yesterday on the highway coming home from work. He was running a full blown SBC, super wide tires in the rear (like 16-18") and pulling a pop up camper at 60-65 mph down I94. At least he had his top up!

It was yellow and it was not new. Looked like it wasn't the first time he'd done that!

Got to love the dedication.

I'm going to stay home and work on Court's truck with him. Have a great time, all.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Danimal"

It was yellow and it was not new. Looked like it wasn't the first time he'd done that!

Got to love the dedication.

I forget his name but the dude has done cross country power tours in the past with that T.  Also had it downstairs at the Detroit Autorama a couple of years ago.  Hard core for sure.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Well, it's wet, but it's fun. The new tent worked like a champ, lots of room. Rain predicted again tomorrow.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

flamefink

Looks like its gonna be a wet one...
Oh, the joys of driving an open wheeled car.

Anyhow, I got dessert!

See you guys late mornin tomorow.
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

enjenjo

Well, there was a tornado warning about 5 today, we cleared out, got word that the tent did not survive the rain. :(  Hopefully tomorrow is better.

348tripower

Frank,

Too bad about the tent. We bailed out yesterday morning. I am smart enough to come in out of the rain. Spent the afternoon supervising oil changes and mounting the running board brackets on the COE.
Don Colliau

purplepickup

I'll post some pics of the fun(?) this afternoon.  Right now I'm going back over to the fairgrounds. to hang out in the rain with Charlie and Ken.  When Frank gets there we will probably have a moment of silence in memory of the best * canopy we've ever had.  By the way, yes, it's still pouring rain outside.
George

Crosley.In.AZ

I've got some family in Illinois area... she tells me it is raining heavy there too

Sorry to read of the canopy demise.......  :cry:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Well, it was fun. I bailed out from the motel this morning while it was just sprinkling. I did find out that 55mph on two lane blacktop is lots better than traffic at 40. The bulk of the water blows over...some backwash on my glasses but that was it. It rained all the way home but I arrived dry through out.

This trip was a good trial for the car as I hadn't had it out in the rain previously. The passenger door needs to be weatherstripped at the front as standing puddles sends a wave through the slot formed by the body jamb and door jamb. It squirts all the way over to my shoes. The w/s glass could be 1" to 1.5" taller. A top sure wouldn't hurt. The other things will happen but  the top??? maybe.

All in all a pretty good trip in spite of 3 soakings. Jack and I had a nice run down on the two lane roads and I went back almost the same way. Nice to see the gang enjoy sharing some food, beer and experiences again.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Just got home. We sweet talked the gate guard into letting us bring the Excape in to load out the BBQ trailer, and what is left of the tent, and I left about 1030 am. It was raining so hard on I94, Icould not see the trailer behind me. :shock:  Didn't run out of the rain until Jackson Mi., and it still sprinkled all the way home.

The cover for the tent survived intact for the most part, the tubes are mostly useable too. But the corners are pretty bent up. When I can get things out and look at them without water running in my eyes, we will see if we can repair it.

I still had fun, at least up to when the rain got stupid hard. It wasn't the worst weekend I have been through at a car show.

As I was leaving, Flamefink pulled in, all the way from Cleveland in an open car with no top. :shock: I didn't even wait for the cake. :lol:

purplepickup

Well, Kalamazoo was definitely for the devoted rodders this weekend.  Here's a few pics to show the fun.  They all have one thing in common....rain.

Friday wasn't too bad.  The big canopy kept everyone comfortable.

Charlie did have to suit up to get back to the motel.

This was Saturday morning on the way to the fairgrounds....raining a little harder than Friday.

The water was getting a little deeper but the trusty canopy still kept us dry

Charlie took some time to do his laundry

Ponds like this were pretty common

Then all of a sudden the sirens went off and there was a tornado warning.  They told us to all  go into one of the brick buildings.  When we came back out, this is what we found.  Our beloved canopy didn't make it.

More damage

Many of the frame joints look like this

We cleaned up the mess but it never quit raining for us

Today (Sunday) the few that were left packed up and they had the awards program early, at noon.  Here's some pics I took from the bleachers overlooking the swap meet area.

Flamefink's grandma's secret recipe strawberry cake was delicious as usual.  Thanks Brett!!

I emptied this bucket Thursday night.  This was measured Sunday afternoon and it's still raining hard.

I'm glad everyone made it home safe and are getting dried out.  I think we had a great time in spite of the rain and it will be another one to remember :D
George

Bugpac

Man that sux, I had zero ambition to head that way after the weather....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****