Truck from hell

Started by enjenjo, July 23, 2008, 09:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

well, all the brake lines are in, fuel lines are done, column is done, brake pedal just needs a stop light switch to be done, Ujoint ordered for the steering, power steering pump and hoses done, it's getting there. Owner was over today, pleased with what he sees, he keeps adding things to do. LOL
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Danimal

He can keep adding as long as he remembers his bill is adding as well!

Nice work, Frank.

Brootal

Quote from: "enjenjo"Remeasured the length I needed, and came up with 55 1/2" this time. :shock:  

Sounds like a case of - I cut it twice and it's still too short!  :lol:

Nice work Frank Sr. That was some scary stuff that was going on before!  :shock:
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

BFS57

Hello;
Man, I wish you were in Florida!

Bruce

ripper

enj - top notch work mate, betcha(and to your credit) the owner will forever celebrate the day he met you!!!

Has the owner seen the work as it's prgressed...must be a HUGE relief for him stress wise
well done!!! 8)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

enjenjo

Quote from: "ripper"enj - top notch work mate, betcha(and to your credit) the owner will forever celebrate the day he met you!!!

Has the owner seen the work as it's prgressed...must be a HUGE relief for him stress wise
well done!!! 8)

He comes over once a week, ohhs and ahhs, hands me a check, and   leaves. :lol:

ripper

made yourself sound like a hooker  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

sorry mate I (as usual) couldn't help myself haha
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!

enjenjo

Quote from: "ripper"made yourself sound like a hooker  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And??????

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"

And??????

Fatcat is experienced in the  industry to fluff up "stuff"
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

moose

Quote from: "enjenjo"

And??????

I think he was looking for a price :wink:

reborn55

Thanks to Franks little piece about replaceing the Welch plug on the yoke I was able to find a fix a tranny leak.  Couldn't for the life of me figure where tranny fluid was coming from, would sling it up on floorboards and drip from the u-joint, but the area around trans seal and tailshaft was dry.  Evidently, trans fluid was seeping around the plug in back of yoke.  Sealed it up and so far dry as can be.  Learn something new every day.

58Apache

Frank,
         How about some pics of your progress?

Which steering column did you use?  I am going to put a tilt column inmine and want a cheap option if I can find one. Ideally I'd like a tilt stainless flaming river with an automatic shifter on it,  but my initial budget won't allow that, so I need a cheaper option.

Also what gauges are being used? I'm thinking Dakota Digital for mine eventually.

I have a picture of a similar truck that's painted red inside and it just looks too good to not take a tip from.

But first I need to get that frame solution to get a 3/4 or 1 ton setup for power brakes and power steering.

Thanks for sharing your work. I may have to borrow some ideas from this build.

Steve

enjenjo

I used an 80s Camaro column, with all the junk on it, because that was what he wanted. My preference would have been a 70s van column. As far as I know, he is keeping the stock gauges.

enjenjo

Well, It's done, he picks it up sunday. I fired it up yesterday, no leaks, everything works. Next up, a 69 Mustang Mach1

jaybee

Ooh, one of my favorite cars.  Can't wait to hear what you do to that one.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)