Truck from hell

Started by enjenjo, July 23, 2008, 09:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I mentioned this truck a couple months ago, the owner brought it over yesterday to redo. Check the captions. More later
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

reborn55

Was the guy driving this---

38HAULR

My question is. Do you actually get to register this vehicle for road use in it,s present format?..........Frank.

enjenjo

Quote from: "reborn55"Was the guy driving this---

Yes. It has 7 degrees of negative caster. the front end is installed 1/2" out of square. the engine is mounted 5 degrees down in front, the rear axle pinion is mounted 10 degrees up in front. The engine and trans are nearly 2" out of square with the frame. and it only took 5 years to do. that's right folks, he paid someone to do this.

enjenjo

Quote from: "38HAULR"My question is. Do you actually get to register this vehicle for road use in it,s present format?..........Frank.

Yes it is registered. There is no inspection here in Ohio.

Bugpac

I was in a service shop the other day, they had a mustang on a rotisserie, doing a restore, they were welding patches in the frame, scab welding them to be exact, I noticed were they had bondoed over a few as well...I feel * sorry for the poor sap that ends up with that POS...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

zzford

SWE-E-E-E-TTT. Who says you can't find quality workmanship anymore? ~:)

348tripower

It's the diamond plate  gusset that makes me happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-o
Don Colliau

phat46

Picky, picky, picky  :roll: ..........

reborn55

I thought my ragtop was bad--makes my car look like a Magazine car. :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Gee Frank....Just what does he want re-done????  I too like the "decorative" frame patch.... :?  Dont see those much anymore..... :roll:

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Gee Frank....Just what does he want re-done????  I too like the "decorative" frame patch.... :?  Dont see those much anymore..... :roll:

Bob......... :wink:

Everything! I told him I would not start unless I could do it the right way. I have it all apart now, tomorrow I start redoing the frame.

Today I found that the brake line junction block was a T, with one line crimped off. :shock:

57larry

what year truck was that again?

UGLY OLDS

Remember Frank.....If you don't put hoses & lines to the steering box & brake block, they will NEVER leak..... :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

The "T" fitting was prolly used to turn a tight corner..He capped off the third line so he could use it later  :?:  That's It  :!:  :!:  Just like "roughed in plumbing" in a house..... :idea:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "57larry"what year truck was that again?

58 Chevy. I got the clip cut out today, there was 14" between the old frame and the clip, all held together by channel iron, angle iron, and diamond plate.