My deuce got smashed today

Started by DRD57, March 24, 2008, 08:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Looks like the axle took a hellauva shot... or did the spindle break?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

reborn55

Ouch--looks heartbreaking.  Hope everything turns out OK.

chimp koose

Glad to hear you are ok.The car looks pretty bent up.I'm with slocrow , have them rent you a replacement for the cruising season until a settlement is reached . Your website is evidence enough that the car is part of your lifestyle, not just another vehicle!

DRD57

Although I do prefer the roadster for fair weather cruising, remember I have a very capable coupe to get me by while the roadster is incapacitated. I don't need an Avis hotrod.

The cast Magnum axle is badly bent, actually most of the suspension and steering parts on the right side are toast. everything that is bent or broken can be replaced with the possible exception of the patina.

Carps

Quote from: "DRD57"Although I do prefer the roadster for fair weather cruising, remember I have a very capable coupe to get me by while the roadster is incapacitated. I don't need an Avis hotrod.
If you're gunna use it like the road-duster, you might wanna consider investing in a fan.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

DRD57

Quote from: "Carps"
If you're gunna use it like the road-duster, you might wanna consider investing in a fan.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Already done. I put the Snow White water pump riser on it with an 18" propeller. It really flies now.

purplepickup

Quote from: "DRD57"everything that is bent or broken can be replaced with the possible exception of the patina.
I don't know....you did a pretty good job of patina matching when you did the trunk.... :wink:
George

Carps

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "Carps"

Already done. I put the Snow White water pump riser on it with an 18" propeller. It really flies now.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Topsterguy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooo! First, glad to hear you weren't hurt! ( and also that you're not up for murder 1 !) I've seen your car lots when I've been down to CA for shows - LOVE it! ( I'm up in Victoria BC)  Hope you fix it!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

39deluxe

I agree. Let Hagerty take care of it. They know what you have and will treat you right from all I've heard. I haven't had a claim with them and pray that I never do but it's good to know that my insurance company people are car guys.

That van moron didn't even know that he was on a one way street so he probably has a corner store high risk policy that won't want to pay anything already. It would just be a big stress event to try to deal with them.

Tom

DRD57

My insurance adjuster will take a look at it on Monday.

UGLY OLDS

Don...Good to see you're ok..That's the important thing ...After seeing the photo's , you are to be commended on your level of "restraint"...I would have gone to jail...Guaranteed..No if's and's or but's .....The first photo kinda looks like a "David & Goliath" kind of thing...And why is that strange man using your deck lid for a desk  :?:  :?:  :shock:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Okiedokie

I notice that the van has no spot mirror on the rear view mirror on the door. We have a few of these vans and light trucks. I have insisted that all have spot mirrors on both sides. These latest pics show why. Sure feel your pain Don. Joe

39deluxe

Good idea but this guy didn't even realize that he was on a one way street. I doubt that he looks in a mirror at all after his morning shave.

Skip

well, THAT sucks.

Been away for a while, can't ya tell?

Got the evening off and was updating some software so I thoughtI'd browse.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting