My deuce got smashed today

Started by DRD57, March 24, 2008, 08:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

thats horrible....   i too am glad you are ok....

but i am thinking of how the insurance company is going to treat you....

DRD57

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Man that hurts!  I guess the guy didn't make a remark like "its just an old car"....cause he's still alive.  I think ya might move beyond your insurance company, maybe ya know some car guy lawyers out there to have in your back pocket when his insurance company tries to low ball you.  Just the gennie grille shell, 25 louver hood, and fender will be a bunch to replace. Not to mention the new frame and front end it looks like you'll need.  Hope it all works out, but it sure is a bummer.

Lee

That pretty much sums it up. His insurance co. will feel like they have a bulldog chomping on their balls until I get what I think is right.

The guy that hit me got on the cell phone right away and was telling his boss that some guy ram into him. I was ready to kill him at that point. Lucky for both of us I was in a bit of shock and unable to move my hands.

He was lost, disoriented and thought he was on a "normal" two way street. It was actually a three lane one way street. I was in the far left lane, he was in the center lane which he says he thought was the left turn lane.

After he figured out what happened he actually admitted to being at fault.

Gilles

Whaooo!!! :(  :(

I'm very sorry to see that, and hope the insurance will pay enough. The most important is that you are not injured.
I'm sure the 32 will be repaired in a short time.

Gilles

phat rat

Don, I'm curious. What kind of insurance do you have on it? Everyday type or specialty?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

rumrumm

Sorry to hear about your accident, Don. *, that is our greatest fear with our rods. Glad to know you are okay. As long as the insurance does not try to * you around, it will all work out in the end. Keep us updated regarding insurance claims.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

wvcab

wow. glad your ok, cars can be replaced, you cant. but it still hurts

DRD57

Quote from: "phat rat"Don, I'm curious. What kind of insurance do you have on it? Everyday type or specialty?

I have Hagerty. I'll probalby just call them and let them handle it. A friend of mine did that in a similar situation. Hagerty sent him a check and then they went and beat up the other guys insurance for reimbursement.

Ohio Blue Tip

Sorry to see that Don, :cry:  glad your OK.  Hope the insurance people treat you right,
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

slocrow

To bad Don. :cry:  Tough news to see & hear. Good luck with the insurance company.
My 2 cents; I see a buy out offer coming rather then a repair. If so see if you can get it back as part of the settlement offer to offset pain, suffering and loss of vehicle.  Maybe ask if Brizio will rent you a replacement and for how much, when needed to attend a show or function, till the deals done. At least get a lost of usage cost factor. Seems only fair......................
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Jbird

* Don, what a bummer. Those pictures are really hard to look at, kinda like a squashed puppy or something. If it was me I'd be in jail for idiotacide. Don't forget to mention your sore neck when the Ins. companys bean counter starts jabberin his crap. Keep smiling, it's only a car.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

EMSjunkie

Sorry Don......that really sux :evil:

glad you are OK.

I'm proud that you exercised restrain.........'cuz some folks just need killin' :idea:

thats a valid defense here in TX......." Yer Honor, I'm sorry, but he just needed killin'"

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Carps

:shock:  Hey, that's my side of the car!  :shock:

Lucky for Mr Van Driver (not sure that's the right word, but the others that come to mind would be bleeped out here) I wasn't in it, I sometimes have severe difficulty with restraint and reckon this would have been one of them.  I do like Texas law however, what's the penalty in California for 'Idiotacide'?

Glad to know you're OK dude, the car will fix, but you would be tough to replace.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

phat rat

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "phat rat"Don, I'm curious. What kind of insurance do you have on it? Everyday type or specialty?

I have Hagerty. I'll probalby just call them and let them handle it. A friend of mine did that in a similar situation. Hagerty sent him a check and then they went and beat up the other guys insurance for reimbursement.

Well that is something to be thankful for. At least you shouldn't be screwed over.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I'm not near as experienced as some of you with claims so I asked my agent about this. She suggested what Don said he was going to do. All I can say is good luck Don. I hope Hagerty takes good care of you. I will be watching this to see if I need to make a change in my coverage on the 32.
TEAM SMART

Jbird

Quote from: "Carps":   I do like Texas law however, what's the penalty in California for 'Idiotacide'?

Three weeks in a minimum security facility with your choice of cellmate Bruno or Brucie, and a $375,000,000,000,000.00 fine, plus court costs. The second offense penalities are much stiffer, there is no Brucie.  
     Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance