Tuna Boat Moving South ?? Florida

Started by msuguydon, February 14, 2008, 06:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "Carnut"Ok, how much you asking for the 58?

HMMMM lets see... sailboats are going for about 2k a foot, I need a 30 feet or larget boat.... soooo ... errr... 10 K

I see ya got yer team smart cipherin down pat :lol:

Hey, you old Russian Hillbilly, you makin' funna the  Mah-Mah-Mah-MathaMattakkul abilatees ova Team Member... :?:

That's like stoolin' on a made member, see... :twisted:
Da boyz ain't gunna like dat, see... :evil:
Dere might even be some  :(U)  because a' dat remark, see... :P>

At least he sees the light of opportunity knocking. The light you guys see is the one on the front of the snow plow. I thought Michigan was actually Canada Light?
Or, as the Snowbirds say, "Just a tad more of the same old boring U.S. countryside to drive through on our way to FLORIDA"

BTW-it was 77* here today. And sunny as h@@L.
Another day in paradise... :roll:  (yawn)   :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Bugpac

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "Carnut"Ok, how much you asking for the 58?

HMMMM lets see... sailboats are going for about 2k a foot, I need a 30 feet or larget boat.... soooo ... errr... 10 K

I see ya got yer team smart cipherin down pat :lol:

Hey, you old Russian Hillbilly, you makin' funna the  Mah-Mah-Mah-MathaMattakkul abilatees ova Team Member... :?:

That's like stoolin' on a made member, see... :twisted:
Da boyz ain't gunna like dat, see... :evil:
Dere might even be some  :(U)  because a' dat remark, see... :P>

At least he sees the light of opportunity knocking. The light you guys see is the one on the front of the snow plow. I thought Michigan was actually Canada Light?
Or, as the Snowbirds say, "Just a tad more of the same old boring U.S. countryside to drive through on our way to FLORIDA"

BTW-it was 77* here today. And sunny as h@@L.
Another day in paradise... :roll:  (yawn)   :D

how many times did ya have to honk at granny? cant go outside without a diaper on to absorb the sweat on your xxxxx.... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat rat

Well another way of looking at it is we have 3-4 months downtime to build or change things on the hot rods. Say what you want but I wouldn't like living in Fl. A short visit is nice but not too live there. We may get some snow but we don't get, hurricanes, flooding, monsoons, alligators, the humitity that Bugpac mentioned. So thanks but I'll stay here a mile off Lake Michigan with it's cooling breezes in the summer, it's warming affect in the winter and enjoy the 4 seasons. While down there you enjoy rain, hot, hotter and HOTTER. Oh and one other thing. The more old grannies move down there the less there are here to impede traffic. So we'll keep shipping them down to you, but first we'll wire the left turn signal on and tell them it's the law to always drive in the left lane down there. LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bugpac

Quote from: "phat rat"Well another way of looking at it is we have 3-4 months downtime to build or change things on the hot rods. Say what you want but I wouldn't like living in Fl. A short visit is nice but not too live there. We may get some snow but we don't get, hurricanes, flooding, monsoons, alligators, the humitity that Bugpac mentioned. So thanks but I'll stay here a mile off Lake Michigan with it's cooling breezes in the summer, it's warming affect in the winter and enjoy the 4 seasons. While down there you enjoy rain, hot, hotter and HOTTER. Oh and one other thing. The more old grannies move down there the less there are here to impede traffic. So we'll keep shipping them down to you, but first we'll wire the left turn signal on and tell them it's the law to always drive in the left lane down there. LOL
);b(  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)

chimp koose

slightly off topic but here goes . How many hours of sunlight do you get in a summer day? Up here in the great white north we get LONG sunny days in the summer. The wife and I will go for walks in June and July at 10PM and later IN THE SUNLIGHT.The farther North you go ,the longer sunlight hours you get in the summer.

chopped

Quote from: "chimp koose"slightly off topic but here goes . How many hours of sunlight do you get in a summer day? Up here in the great white north we get LONG sunny days in the summer. The wife and I will go for walks in June and July at 10PM and later IN THE SUNLIGHT.The farther North you go ,the longer sunlight hours you get in the summer.
And summer lasts what, three days? :lol:

phat rat

well at least we don't have top be subjected to this yearround.

Dave

As i look out the window at the rain (possibly Freezing) and the ice on both vehicles and knowing the daytona 500 is on (in hi def) at about 3pm today id rather be somewhere other than here..  Really im thinking south but not very far. Im thinking Indiana around indy.. Why.. Race tracks ... I like open wheel roundy round racing and Indiana is the best place to be to go racing.. Florida is very nice and anywhere you can ride motorcycles all year is cool.. But i dont think my income could handle the housing and insurance prices.. So ill just visit.. Sue came up to me at work last week and asked if i wanted to do anything in may this year as the calender was open in her dept. Ok no were talking.. Ill be in Indiana for over a week entering into memorial weekend doing nothing but going to races .. I always wanted to do this and now its planed.. It would be better if i took 2 weeks but 1 is gonna do..  Maybe in my spare time i should check the job market while im there..
Oh ya... Jack.. If I didnt have the winter months to build a car id prolly do it anyway and id still have nice weather for riding the harley ..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

msuguydon

I feel the need to clear some things up as I have received several PM's and posts about this thread most are apologetic in tone.  I am not upset with anyone.

I should have been clearer when I started this thread.  My intent was to get information regarding Florida from people that either currently live in Florida or have lived in Florida and have advice regarding making a move to that state.  I am not really inserted in the opinions of folks that travel a couple of times to Florida to visit Disney World.

I am not asking anyone if I should or should not make the move, that is a decision that only my wife and I can make when we have all the facts.  

I did not want this to be a thread comparing Michigan to Florida or Kansas to Florida, I live in Indiana so I need to compare the economy, schools and housing market of Indiana to Florida.  

I was hoping to get information like...

1)  When looking at a home find out if is a CBS (concrete block structure) this type of home will reduce your home insurance cost.

2)  The school systems in Florida are like the school systems in any state "they are not created equal" Florida does a yearly evaluation of the public schools, look for Grade A or B schools.  

3)  The new communities around the Tampa area in the Wesley/Chapel area, out of the city but a relatively short commute (under 20 minutes), you might want to consider this area when house shopping.  However, most of the WC area used to be swamp land. The water table is high and a lot of those places end up very wet when you get the heavy rainfalls that come with tropical storms and hurricanes. My wife who was born and raised in Zhills, always said, don't build if there are cypress trees in the yard.

4)  Don, I read that you have teenage children; you might want to consider that t if the kids go in-state to college, UF and FSU are among the 5 least expensive major public schools for in-state students, just as a comparison scUM and MSU are among the 5-10 most expensive for in-state students.   If your kids are young enough, look into the Florida Pre-Paid College Tuition plan, and lock in today's prices for your kids' college if they go to any state university. If they go out of state or to a private university, the money in your "account" goes toward whatever you have to pay at that school.

So I hope this explanation will let people know what I was after and that I am not angry with any of you.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Bugpac

Dont go, its to hot, lol... :lol:

You will fit in nicely in Florida don... :D  And you have your passion "Sailing" at arms reach...

phat46

Don, I read that you have teenage children; you might want to consider that t if the kids go in-state to college, UF and FSU are among the 5 least expensive major public schools for in-state students, just as a comparison scUM and MSU are among the 5-10 most expensive for in-state students.   If your kids are young enough, look into the Florida Pre-Paid College Tuition plan, and lock in today's prices for your kids' college if they go to any state university. If they go out of state or to a private university, the money in your "account" goes toward whatever you have to pay at that school.

Heh heh...GO BLUE...heh heh... :P  :P  :P

oiler

Well keep in mind that as I write this I'm recovering from the worst 7 days of flu I ever had
Hell Yes I'd move to Florida!!
I even  broke from the race today to watch golf cause it looked so nice with the palm trees and grass
not 4 feet of snow
screw the gators ,humidity and population.
I'll take the beaches,seafood,beaches and also the beaches
Ravyn in my opinion you're a lucky man
Jeff

river1

we'll still talk (post) to you even if you go sailing 8)  8)

when ever i want to compare an area to where i'm at i go to http://www.bestplaces.net/  you can compare alot of different factors, like climate crime and cost of living.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chopped

Having always had a boat one of the first things we did when moving to fl. a few years ago was get another one. Three minutes to the marina, call and they  gas and ice up. Used the thing six times in a year, I'd become a car guy and didn't have time. Make sure before you jump in.

phat rat

Not sure but the way I read it is he's a boat guy trying the car scene