Tuna Boat Moving South ?? Florida

Started by msuguydon, February 14, 2008, 06:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzford

I have lived on the east coast of Florida since 1964. Like anyplace else, Florida has is pluses and minuses. Plus, real nice weather, though if you will be working outside, the summer does get pretty steamy. There is a lot to do in Fl. All the usual tourist attractions, a lot of nice scenery, Lots of shopping for the ladies, a lot of car related stuff. Daytona Turkey run, NSRA South East Nats, Orlando has the Old Town cruise every Saturday night, Zepher Hills has a couple of great swap meets. There is no shortage of things to do that are car related. Most areas have different cruise nights 6 or 7 days a week. Although the economy has slowed down, jobs are readily available, Money is generally good for trades and professionals. Taxes can be steep in some places. Smart people won't live in a incorporated town, they live in the surrounding counties. No city taxes that way, Services are a little less but still generally good. My advice about gated communities? Avoid them. Homeowners fees can be steep and the HOA likes to control EVERYTHING. Color of your house, your landscaping, the condition of your lawn, on and on. I guess somepeople can accept that nonsense, but I * sure can't. Tampa, is a very busy area. Be sure to look in surrounding areas before you buy. I-4 is the main artery into the Tampa area and it can get pretty miserable. You might like the Lakeland area, slightly east of Tampa. It is a nice sized town, services and goods readily available. A little west of Lakeland is Plant City. A smaller town than Lakeland, it has more of a "home town" feel to it. Both towns are within commute distance to Tampa, Orlando,too, though a little bit more of a drive. Housing prices are more reasonable.
The negatives are the hurricanes, insurance, and the density. Hurricanes have been more common in recent years. I live in south Florida which tends to be more at risk. We have gone thru 3 or 4 hurricanes in the last 5 years.  My house sustained no damage. Generally the newer the house, the more hurricane resistant it is. Of course a large falling tree doesn't have much regard for building codes. THe most damage I have suffered has been the yard becomes a mess, fallen branches, debris every where. The biggerst hit that I took was in my homeowners policy. The insurance companys are raping us there. One other note, when buying, insist on a CBS home. That's concrete block structure. They are a must in Florida. Hurricanes don't seem to do as much damage, and they don't have near the maintainance issues. Florida is so humid that it seems like it never dries out. Wood structure, if not maintained very well tned to rot out at ground level.

Jbird

Jeeze Don,, we're really gonna miss you around here. Oh wait, do they have the internet in Florida? Kansas? BOL what ever you decide.

Bryan,your boyfriend's lookin pretty good since he started the hormone treatments. When are they gonna do the gender reassignment surgery?

I was in a tornado in Illinois in 69 and a hurricane/monsoon in Thailand in 70, give me a good old fashioned California earthquake any time.

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"Hey Bry thr gal with the Vette your daughter?

He's not sure, the picture came with his wallet :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Nah. No kids from this fella.
If that was my daughter I'd be spending every waking moment chaperoning her and teaching her how to shoot one of my handguns.
I guess it's great to have a great looking daughter, but in todays world it would be easier if they looked like the offspring of Dave and Phyllis Diller... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Bugpac"

She looks my age!! :D

don't get too excited, that's really rayvens brother.....

You just can't keep a damned secret, can you... :?:  :evil:  :arrow:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Jbird"Jeeze Don,, we're really gonna miss you around here. Oh wait, do they have the internet in Florida? Kansas? BOL what ever you decide.

Yeah we gots thee innernet dawn heyah. Gumpnet is dah maine pravidah, en dey have Buddwiser sponsership en ever thing!! Dah only setbayack is ever ones homepage is Nascar.com... :!:
We ain't got no ipods or nuttin liyack dat. Dah folks in dah ritzy traylor parks gots dem dare walk mans, but us po folk doan have dat fanci stuff. We useyally gots dah wife screemin and naggin at us all day, so's we cuddint heyah dah music anyhows. See ya'll layduh. I gotta go get sum smokes for dah old lady. She has dis gap innner teeth, and it if ain't holdin' a cigaret, then she whissels while she weezes and its irritatun as h#LL. Sounds liyack 2 hyeenas with dare tails tied twogetter.

[quote="Jbird]
Bryan,your boyfriend's lookin pretty good since he started the hormone treatments. When are they gonna do the gender reassignment surgery?Jbird 8)[/quote]

Good One... :!:  :D

As soon as the parts come in from California. I hear they are pretty much interchangeable coming from Northern Cali, as most folks there go both ways anyhow...At least that's what he reads in the Transgender Gazzette...... :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"

The only picture I keep in my wallet is Daves.

On the worst days when everything's going wrong and I feel like I'm getting rode hard and put away wet while getting my butt kicked, I open my wallet and look at Dave and say to myself..."Yep, it really could be worse".......... :lol:  :lol:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :0-0
***SFC-Team Smart***

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

On the worst days when everything's going wrong and I feel like I'm getting rode hard and put away wet while getting my butt kicked, I open my wallet and look at Dave and say to myself..."Yep, it really could be worse".......... :lol:  :lol:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :0-0

forward me that picture :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

forward me that picture :-o

Vance

Your wish is my command... :wink:
***SFC-Team Smart***

Dave

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"That really really hurts guys...

Suck it up, take one for the team, lol...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

tomslik

well, it DOES look a little tight in the crotch.
don't it come in boxers?

i didn't realize you had more hair than me, either...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

river1

Quote from: "Bugpac"

She looks my age!! :D

don't get too excited, that's really rayvens brother.....

You just can't keep a damned secret, can you... :?:  :evil:  :arrow:  :D

his brother got the looks AND personality :lol:  :lol:

hey if the truth hurts :twisted:  :twisted:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

well, it DOES look a little tight in the crotch.

if he would take some of the socks out it wouldn't be so tight :roll:  :twisted:  :roll:  :twisted:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.