Gasoline break point

Started by enjenjo, October 25, 2007, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

We're fighting wars over it, i couldn't imagine prices falling any.
But me I'm still driving my V8's the same );b( .
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Dave

Caught in the dam traffic this am.. (roll over accident) Got to work parked in front ran in punched the clock so i wouldnt loose my hopefully 4 hours for the month so i didnt get gas. I really hate getting it in the evening so i said hell with it ill get it near the house as its only 4 cents higher. :?: 3.15 in dexter 3.29 in jackson by me  :!: Ill try and fill up tomorrow and id bought 5 gallons for the roadster so some of that went in the truck to get to dexter tomorrow. I think it was 2.78 a gallon stuff (the good S&*T)  :lol:  I broke down and bought a leaf blower today too (ebay) and guess what :?:  I got the gas jobbie  :D  :D .. Maybe draggin a cord around aint so bad after all
:?: .. It was a fairly good deal 10 bucks cheaper than the local store and no tax and free delivery.. Ill play while im off for hunting....  Im gettin kinda lazy with this internet stuff.. Seems a lot of stuff i can get cheaper and delivered and no tax so not that im all that concerned about a few bucks for tax but I dont have to go get the stuff..  I hate stores.. Sue wanted to take me a few weeks ago for a new wedding ring ??? Nope i is busy... I gotta sand the car  :)
Dave :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dave

Still 3.15 near work so i filled up the truck and my 5 gallon can and goout out for 51 bucks. :lol:  
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Jbird

It's $3.25 today at the Arco station five blocks from home. My truck holds almost fifty gallons and with my 2 mile round trip commute, a tank lasts me quite a while. Sometimes I get lucky and the price spikes then recedes between fillups. I'm building a 70 CB750K for my weekend cruiser and my next hotrod? is gonna be powered by an injected 2.3ltr OHC Ford four banger.

I think ethanol is gonna end up being the answer. Our MPGs will go down but the Gs should cost less and the money will stay in OUR own economy. And just think of all the money to be made converting all these old hotrods over to run on corn whiskey.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

reborn55

3.12 here this evening--and .70 of that is taxes.  shouldn't that be called windfall profits

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Jbird"
I think ethanol is gonna end up being the answer. Our MPGs will go down but the Gs should cost less and the money will stay in OUR own economy.    Jbird 8)

Ethanol may be the answer for less polution, but I have to disagree that the money will stay in OUR economy!

My brother-in-law has been doing work in preparation for ethanol storage/handling facilities in Maryland, Rhode Island, New York, and New Jersey.    ......The ethanol is slated to be IMPORTED from South America, mainly Brazil.

Farmers say we can not grow enough enough corn in this country to satisfy the needed production of ethanol.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

river1

i don't like that the powers that are pushing for ethanol. using food to make vehicle fuel is NOT a smart idea in my mind. i can live without gas but i can't live without food. another facet of using food for fuel is it will raise prices for food.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Flipper

Quote from: "river1"i don't like that the powers that are pushing for ethanol. using food to make vehicle fuel is NOT a smart idea in my mind. i can live without gas but i can't live without food. another facet of using food for fuel is it will raise prices for food.

later jim

I have heard that it already has in Mexico.  

Instead of making cheap torteas for the locals, they are exporting the corn to the US.

Topsterguy

:cry:   There's a group of us way up here on the west coast of Canada ( Victoria) that have been planning to drive to the nats in L'Ville next year, but as much as I hate to say it, we're having second thoughts about it because of the rising costs of gas. Our gallon's a little bigger up here, but we're paying about $1.15 / liter right now which works out to about $4.50 / gallon, so imagine what it'd cost just in gas to go to L'Ville!?  We haven't canned the idea yet, but we're thinking about it! :cry:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Topsterguy":cry:   There's a group of us way up here on the west coast of Canada ( Victoria) that have been planning to drive to the nats in L'Ville next year, but as much as I hate to say it, we're having second thoughts about it because of the rising costs of gas. Our gallon's a little bigger up here, but we're paying about $1.15 / liter right now which works out to about $4.50 / gallon, so imagine what it'd cost just in gas to go to L'Ville!?  We haven't canned the idea yet, but we're thinking about it! :cry:

Since your dollar is now worth more than the USD, and our gas and hotels are cheaper with less taxes, it would make sense to head south then east.  

Hey, it's only money, and you can take it with you!  .....At least to L'Ville and part way back!   :lol:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

rooster

Quote from: "river1"i don't like that the powers that are pushing for ethanol. using food to make vehicle fuel is NOT a smart idea in my mind. i can live without gas but i can't live without food. another facet of using food for fuel is it will raise prices for food.

later jim

I seen a thing on TV the other night that said there is a grass that has more ethanol in it than corn, its easy to grow and mantain and can be bayed.  This grass grew like tall weeds! My guess is that the powers will shut that up sense there money is invested in corn ethanol production.

35WINDOW

I seen a thing on TV the other night that said there is a grass that has more ethanol in it than corn, its easy to grow and mantain and can be bayed.  This grass grew like tall weeds! My guess is that the powers will shut that up sense there money is invested in corn ethanol production.[/quote]

You are right-it's called Switchgrass, and it is what Brazil has used to mostly abdicate itself from OPEC-Switchgrass has more usuble fibre than Corn, but if ethanol doesn't work couild we end up having yet another noxious Weed? Don't know-Ethanol has definitely helped out Americas's Farmers though-they are making money again, and when Farmers have money they spend it (just look at John Deere or CNH Stock)-

Downside is it's driving food prices-catch 22 I guess.

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"river1 .... stop thinking about food!

sorry, it's a dirty little habit i picked up when i was young. i keep trying but i can't kick it :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Bugpac

3.69 per gallon diesel today in central michigan....Diesel fuel prices are gonna hurt the economy more than anything...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

papastoyss

Quote from: "Crosley"just a few days before we flew out of phoenix , gasoline regular grade had dropped to 2.92 a gallon near our house.    Diesel was at 3.35 to low 3.40s a gallon.

here in TN, I see 2.90 to 3.00+ a gallon for regular gasoline
hey Crosley, where are you in Tn. I'm 30 miles east of Nashville.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!