Gasoline break point

Started by enjenjo, October 25, 2007, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

at what price point would you curtail your driving? I know that I tend to wait until I have several errands to do in Toledo to drive into town, where I didn't do that in the past. But I mean what price would have you making a drastic change?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

i personally don't know the level at which i would curtail my driving. i probably won't know til i get there. i have always stopped at the store on the way home from work but i recreation drive the same as always at least to this point. if i need gas i just go and fill up.

good question

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"at what price point would you curtail your driving? I know that I tend to wait until I have several errands to do in Toledo to drive into town, where I didn't do that in the past. But I mean what price would have you making a drastic change?

Gas is cheap now compared to what we will be paying.  You had better buy lots of it and do lots of driving.

I have wondered whether the price of gas is effecting the numbers at major events or is that we are all dying off.

I do combine my errands and I drive the little Miata when I have to make a longer run.  I really think most people would save a lot of gas by planning their driving better.  3 trips to Walmart a day uses a lot of gas.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Cword

When gasoline is more expensive than beer, or maybe rye ....
--

Dave

Ill tell ya what.. I dont give a ratts azz how much it costs ive worked all my life to do things and im gonna do it....  Sue and try to ride together to work to save fuel costs and mileage on my truck but this week i had to drive today ..
Sooner or later the government has to do something this can not continue . Gas is cheap or kinda right now but there has to be some regulation down the road for this future crap.. I cant understand for the life of me why we raise gas prices on futures.. Thats tomorrow its today :!:
Im gonna drive.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

I've thought about this some in the past couple of years. I use a cycle during the summer for most of my travels. It averages around 40 mpg. When I was planning the 32, I decided I needed efi and 3.50 rear gears to get as much mileage as I could and not lose too much performance. I don't have a solid answer yet. If I have to take my dakota which makes 16 mpg, I do think about whether or not I need to go.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

the primarys are coming....and the main election next november

the gas prices won't go up unless the oil party looses big..

oh yea ..

oil futures control the price of oil... not actual costs, demand or other problems...

so some people are just sitting in their offices  and trying to figure out how to sell oil futures...

rembember the movie trading places, and fo petes sake???? futures... thats where the money is...  that were our money went...   to guys and gals who only use one finger to make money...

rumors make or break...

i have a friend who went to a bank to cash a customers check..  they made him wait for over 2 hours ...and then would not valadate his parking... he was so mad when he got to the parking attendant she said you 've been in there a long time.....

yea!   but i glad i did as that bank is getting   audited tommorow. the fdic is coming in tomorrow at 6 am... everybody is getting  pink slips...

that banks stock lost 20% the next day..
the only person who was told was the parking attendant.. word gets around...

phat rat

I just got back tonight from Branson, Mo.  Gas in touristy Branson was only $2.78 a ways down the road toward St. Louis I paid only $2.52. So what happens when I get home? Here gas is running $2.92 - $3.00 and the state tax difference between Mo and Mi. is $.01
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"I just got back tonight from Branson, Mo.  Gas in touristy Branson was only $2.78 a ways down the road toward St. Louis I paid only $2.52. So what happens when I get home? Here gas is running $2.92 - $3.00 and the state tax difference between Mo and Mi. is $.01

we have differences like that just across town :shock:  course across town is 60+ miles :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Leon

We've already cut out trips like Pleasanton for 2 days because of the cost to get there, plus food, lodging, etc. it costs us $300 to look at some cars.  We went to Lake Havasu for a show this weekend and I gassed up in Arizona for $.75 a gallon cheaper than what I pay at home.  I save my trips for stuff like Bonneville where I feel I'm getting more for my money.  I spent over $1200 to go on Power tour this year, next year I'm hoping to take the F.I. 66 Mustang that should get a lot better mileage and only need regular.  I used to take a run to Bakersfield (120 miles each way) for materials that I'd need in a hurry, now I order stuff and pay the shipping which is cheaper.  Yep, I'm already selective as to where I go.

reborn55

Right now it is not too bad.  We are lucky enough that the wife has a stay at home job and I only have to drive 7 miles one way to work.   In fact we picked up one away show this year by going to Nashville Good Guys.  I have been strict enought with myself since I quit smoking almost 20 years ago in that I still put $4.00 a day in a coffee can(I know they probably cost more) and that money wil cover the cost of most of our trips with a little left over for the next year.  Hoping to buy a street rod with F.I. and 700R to help offset some of the fuel cost, and don't see any real slowing down in the near future.

38HAULR

Doing the conversion on this[US to Imperial Gals&currency conversion] ,down in Australia we are paying around the USD 4.42    per gallon.  Sells by the litre and is around AUD 1.20 to 1.26 for crappy standard ULP,those of us with older ,V8,s of course pay more for higher octane premium ULP.   That is why many of us are going to LPG[ or Propane as you guys call it] .It sells for AUD 45cents to 49cents per litre near me.110-112 Octane sure stops the pinging. My wife,s daily driver runs straight LPG, my 38 Chev PU under construction is going straight LPG, My 66 Mustang is half converted.  The beauty is that our Federal Gummint also gives you a cash rebate of $2000  to convert your vehicle[one rebate per person in a 3yr period]..........Frank.

48ford

Irene has a plan, Like she has forever,she just charges gas,The bill comes in I pay it!!!!
We are lucky to live out by the Toll road truck stops so our gas is always 15-20 cents cheaper than in town.
I did not use the boat this year ,like we have in the past,andI rode the trike a lot.
The town car gets 25-6 mpg,her minivan gets the same,We hardly ever drive the truck or the SUV anymore.
But we are still going to south Texas in January till march.
Russ

zzford

I live about 20 miles to town. I have a 98 fullsize Chev pickup, My wife has a Trailblazer. We're kinda stuck paying whatever for gas to go to work. However, with my ZZ4 powered coupe, I have figured a way (though, I haven't tried it yet) to beat the high cost of fuel. From now on, when ever I wish to go to a show, cruise night or what ever, I will have my wife push while I steer. That reminds me, I must let her in on my idea.

enjenjo

Quotewhen ever I wish to go to a show, cruise night or what ever, I will have my wife push while I steer

I see a major flaw in the plan here, hand prints on the deck lid. Might want to get her a pair of flannel gloves first.

I'm just thinking it's strange, that the price of crude is much higher than it was a year ago, but the price at the pump is not as high. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.