Garage/Color Tour in Oct?

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, September 18, 2007, 10:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

A bunch of us were sitting around the RRT encampment at the NSRA event in Kzoo last weekend and were discussing how much fun it would be to spend the day together just cruzn around the countryside visiting a couple of garages and viewing the awesome color changes on the trees.

We were thinking about Sat, Oct 20th.  The colors should be at their peak and the temps should still be nice.  Here is kinda what we came up with.  Nothing is set in stone

9am meet at PurplePickup's place then taking back country roads.....

cruz to the Gilmore Museum.  If you've never been the place is really neat with alot of barns filled with old cars and a old fashion diner.  Have lunch at the diner or picnic on the grass.

Head to Muskegon for a tour of Ken's new garage via back country roads then over to CharlieChops, again using back roads. (Hopefully Ken and Charlie want to host this type of thing, they haven't been asked yet :lol: )

Cruz somemore toward a neat place for dinner then everyone head for home.  A full day of cruzn around with car pals and seeing some cool stuff.  

For those not fimiliar, this would all take place in the south to mid part of western Michigan.  Close enough for the folks from the Detroit area, northern OH, northern IN and northern IL.

Anyone interested??
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Possibly.. id have to check with the boss. If its nice enuff ill ride the bike if not ill have to take the grand prix.. Of course its also bow season ..
Im thinking.
Dave

phat rat

Darn I won't be able too.  :cry: I'll be out of town. Again :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

ChevyGirlRox

I'd be up for it as long as I'm not doing the Maxton thing that weekend.  Sounds like HRLC will need a driver....
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Cool! 8)   Sounds good to me.    

I checked  Gilmore's site   and there aren't any events there that weekend.  That's a good thing....no major crowds.   They have a group price that requires a reservation for 12 or more people but the normal admission is only a dollar more per person.

If we do it we can find a nice scenic route like maybe over to South Haven then up the coast of Lake Michigan to Muskegon, or just about any small town/rural 2 lane.  All suggestions are welcome.

Rosie's Diner  in Rockford, MI is an interesting place to eat but it might not be on the way to anywhere.  It depends on the route we pick.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Perhaps we can get together during the IDIDIT open house with our maps and preplan a route and then post it so that if folks want to join up along the way they can.  I will then type it out and have copies on the 20th so folks won't get lost if seperated.

and I like the idea of a costal route
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

George

KustomLincolnLady

WOW, I'd love to do this!!!! My aunt and uncle are coming to our house from the U.P. on the 18th, plans are to ride to brown county / nashville one day, but I'd sure like to include this trip in there!!! I have an uncle in holland (with a bike and cars also) maybe he could even hook up with us.

I'll have to see how things play out with our other trips.

Debb

brti

FOUL<<<<FOUL!!!!!!!  TOTALLY unfair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sounds like an absolutely great time for you all when some of us are a million miles away checking our antifreeze levels and parking the rides under cover for the year........................ :cry:

Hope you all have a great time :wink:
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

Any chance you'll be traveling through Nebraska????  :P  Sure sounds like fun!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Rayvyn

Ought to be a fine time to dodge a few deer and view the leaves turning, if you can see past the blowing snow...!!
Wish I could do a ride along, but the Tampa show is that weekend, and there's a spot reserved under a tree for me and the tugboat. Of course I'll be relaxing in my shorts and tank top, walking through the swap meet in my sandals while putting on a little coppertone, but I'll be thinking of yuns...
Have fun and stay warm... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Ought to be a fine time to dodge a few deer and view the leaves turning, if you can see past the blowing snow...!!
Wish I could do a ride along, but the Tampa show is that weekend, and there's a spot reserved under a tree for me and the tugboat. Of course I'll be relaxing in my shorts and tank top, walking through the swap meet in my sandals while putting on a little coppertone, but I'll be thinking of yuns...

Yeah SO WHATS YOUR POINT???  

LOL :lol:  :twisted:

Debb

phat rat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Ought to be a fine time to dodge a few deer and view the leaves turning, if you can see past the blowing snow...!!

If you go on the 20th you'll have the whole place to yourself or at least be the only one there expecting a car show.  :oops:  Tampa is the week before :lol:  If you were thinking that because I'll be out of town, that's because I get back from Tampa probably on Tues and leave again Fri for Branson Mo. 8)  "On the road again,  just can't wait to get on the road again" Let me tell you it's a rough life being retired :P Have to make time to be home sometimes :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.