Garage/Color Tour in Oct?

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, September 18, 2007, 10:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

Like Charlie said,if you are planning a stop along the coast.My place and the restaurant I suggested are midway between Holland and Grand Haven.Don't know if the plan is to play it by ear or a set in stone schedule.I'd sure like it if you stopped at my place.I'm 2 miles west of US31.Let me know :-o  :-o

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

purplepickup

I just got home from 3 days at the cabin up by Traverse City.  I did about a 400 mile color tour on Saturday all around northern Michigan and the colors are a little different this year....from the hot summer I think.  Many of the trees are still green, some are beautiful and some the leaves are gone.

In most years the colors are peaking big time around there on the second week of Oct. They're not as vivid this year.   We went up the "tunnel of trees" from Harbor Springs up to the Bridge and the colors probably still have another week before they're peaking.   Yes, we stopped at the Legg's Inn in Cross Village. 8)

Next weekend should be a good one to run up to Charlie's in Muskegon.  If anyone wants to go just say so and we'll make it happen.  We plan to take scenic  roads for the most part and stay off of interstates.  Originally we thought about stopping at the Gilmore Car Museum but if we're just planning a one day cruise we'll have skip it this time so we aren't pressed for time the rest of the day.   It takes at least 2 or 3 hours to do the museum justice.

I'm not one for posting my personal stuff on the internet but if you're planning to go, PM me and we'll get you to my house.  Like Frank said we'll plan to meet at 9AM and hit the road shortly after that.  The schedule is sort of an organized play it by ear one. :lol:

Too bad Ken will be out of town.  We'll have to make another trip up there to spill beer on his new shop floor some other time.
George

Hooley

Sure wish I could be there.
                        Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

KustomLincolnLady

well, looks like its not going to fit into our plans :(   my aunt and uncle coming down from the U.P  to ride didn't really want to go back to MI , lol
they couldn't find anyone to care for their 2 dogs so they are bringing them to our house, we will need to make shorter runs so we can let them out every 12 hrs or so  :P

you guys have fun, hopefully if you do it next yr we will be in!!!!

Debb

purplepickup

Well, since it doesn't look like anyone other than Frank and I are able to go, I'm going to have to cancel too and do something that I need to do real bad.  

I've been treating the logs and caulking my cabin for the last few weeks and discovered that carpenter ants have gotten into a log and hollowed it almost completely out.  I'm going to have to replace it but until I can't do that until I cut the right sized tree and cure the log which takes about 2 years.  In the mean time I have to hog out the inside of this log and put a temporary filling in....sort of like a dentist.  Winter is getting real close and I need to do that right away.

If there had been a bunch of people wanting to go on the color tour I'd have gone but since there aren't I'm going to go do surgery on the cabin instead.  

This will be fodder for tech week on the log cabin forum.  8)
George

enjenjo

Well, we'll just have to come up with another excuse to get together in the near future.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, we'll just have to come up with another excuse to get together in the near future.

who needs an excuse??  :lol:  yeah we do need to get together :)

Debb

Charlie Chops 1940

Well, what can I say, except that I'm sorely disappointed?  I kinda had a feeling this was going to happen. Not a problem at my end.

Actually, I'm involved in a shop remodel of sorts. Got a soft 12X20 building up and moved my '78 Seville out into it pending getting it ready to sell. I''m doing some new shelving and further finish in the storage room so that I can turn it into a fabricating area.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Ive got the little one comming again and sue told me the other day that I hadnt seen her since the 4th of july so ill be spending the weekend pretty much with her..
Dave

Fuzzy

Oh well,the best laid plans of mice and men. :cry:
No billet for this kid!

papastoyss

We've been doing a fall cruise with a group here in Middle Tn. (Midnite Rodders) for 10-12 yrs now. We always have a good time. Usually around 75-80 cars. We sure get some strange looks  going thru  small communities that are off the main roads.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Carps

Quote from: "phat rat"Darn I won't be able too.  :cry: I'll be out of town. Again :lol:
Took the words right out of my mouth.   :cry:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

HotRodLadyCrusr

That's a shame, it's suppose to be a beautiful weekend weatherwise.  
I think I'll just go to that "rat rod" drag race in Austin TX then. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

chopped

Well *, now I've got to unpack the car and cancel my reservations. :lol: