RRT BBQ

Started by enjenjo, March 25, 2007, 01:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

The other BBQ thread can be found here  http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5784&start=0

I thought I would start a new one since we are getting close.

The plan as it stands now is to make it a three day deal.

Friday we will visit the Henry Ford Museum, they open at 930Am. About 530pm we will go to Denise's house for dinner.

Saturday we will work on the BBQ trailer. the plan is to get it ready for the coming season. Things needing to be done;

Replumb the gas system. We have new regulators, burners, and new controls. We need to fabricate a cover of some type, to help control the heat.

Clean and repack the wheel bearings, we have nearly 10,000 miles on them.

Clean and wax the body of the trailer.

Thorough cleaning of the grille. It's been two years since the last one.

Touch up the paint.

Clean and reorganize the storage.

We have a BBQ planned after the work, we can do a bonfire if anyone wants to. There will be snacks  here for all who are  hungry during the day.

Sunday we will visit another museum I'm thinking at this time of the Auburn Cord Dusenburg Museum. If we have time, there is the National Automotive and truck museum in the same town. The hours for both are 9 to 5 sunday. If there are enough people I can arrange a guided tour, and lunch there.

Monday, there will still be some people here from out of town, I can arrange a visit to a couple of local shops if you like.

I need an idea of how many are planning to participate each day, to figure out food and logistics each day. so reply to this with the days you will be participating, and the numbers in your party. Just a good guess is fine.

Anyone who needs maps or directions, send me a PM, and I'll tell you where to go. :lol:

Any other questions, post them here, and I'll try to get them answered.

we will have a BBQ chat on the evening of the 1st of April to get every one on the same page.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Frank, I won't be at the Henry Ford/Denice doings. I'll be in Swanton late Fri afternoon and probably stay until Mon. depending on what's doing. Visiting some shops sounds good. There will be 3 of us, me, myself and I :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

Count me in for Friday through Sunday.  Leaving early Monday.

See you Thursday evening.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

EMSjunkie

The Mrs. and I will be in town Thurs. evening thru Mon. about noon.

dunno yet about the museums and such, but will definatly be there for the BBQ. :D

gotta spend some time with the new granddaughter 8)

see y'all there.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

GPster

We are planning on driving in Thursday and will probably be there early enough for a sit around meeting (airport motel lobby?) or some grocery shopping. We planning on leaving early Sunday morning because we need to be in Kent,Ohio by 1:00PM. GPster

Dave

Ill be there when I get there :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

slocrow

I'm planning to be at the Sat get together. Will arrive Friday, late in the day and might leave early Sunday to attend the Chopper's car show back in the Cleveland area. Then again, I might stay later for some Sunday doings. Hope this helps......................Shound I bring any tools or do you have enough for me to break?.............. :lol: Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

BBQ chat tomorrow evening at 8pm eastern.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"BBQ chat tomorrow evening at 8pm eastern.

So is that like monday ?
Love
Dave :arrow:

phat rat

No tomorrow isn't Mon. it's Sat. :wink:  Oh wait your not retired :cry:  so yes tomorrow is Mon. :lol:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "enjenjo"BBQ chat tomorrow evening at 8pm eastern.

So is that like monday ?
Love
Dave :arrow:

Um, no he posted that on Saturday night at 10:35pm so that would make the chat tonight at 8PM or in about 2 hours.

Dave

Took sue out for dinner and got there late.. no one there..
Dave

GPster

First dinner without grandkids for a week! I didn't feel it fitting to sit at the computor. I didn't think til later, didn't Fat Cat mention something about the text being available for 24 hours before it "Self Destructed"? I was lazy and I wasn't going to get up and check. GPster

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "slocrow"I'm planning to be at the Sat get together. Will arrive Friday, late in the day and might leave early Sunday to attend the Chopper's car show back in the Cleveland area. Then again, I might stay later for some Sunday doings. Hope this helps......................Shound I bring any tools or do you have enough for me to break?.............. :lol: Frank

:roll: Tools? are you gonna work? LOL

We will be up sat morn, pick up Bry and head to the museum. I'll prob call you to see if your waiting on us or leaving and catching up?

we planned on coming back home on sat night. But we may go to the ACD museum since its only about 25mins from us. we didn't want to drive back 2hrs again on sunday but thats close!! then if its nice we can take the Lincoln too  :P

Debb

phat rat

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Quote from: "slocrow"I'm planning to be at the Sat get together. Will arrive Friday, late in the day and might leave early Sunday to attend the Chopper's car show back in the Cleveland area. Then again, I might stay later for some Sunday doings. Hope this helps......................Shound I bring any tools or do you have enough for me to break?.............. :lol: Frank

:roll: Tools? are you gonna work? LOL

We will be up sat morn, pick up Bry and head to the museum. I'll prob call you to see if your waiting on us or leaving and catching up?

we planned on coming back home on sat night. But we may go to the ACD museum since its only about 25mins from us. we didn't want to drive back 2hrs again on sunday but thats close!! then if its nice we can take the Lincoln too  :P

Debb

So, you're picking Bry up on Sat and going to the museum. Looks as though you'll not only miss the BBQ build but also everyone else that are going to Detroit on Fri. :oops: