Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

What does (did) Poteet do for a living?  None of my business, but just wondering anyway.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

alchevy

Quote from: "sirstude"What does (did) Poteet do for a living?  None of my business, but just wondering anyway.

Doug

NSA International, Inc. is where he worked, he is a director now. They are a water purification company.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

reborn55

Been gone for awhile--Mom passed away end of February--spent a couple of weeks in Chi-town.  Trying to get caught up. Was finally able to get the street rod mostly back together and out for a spin this weekend.  Even got the 55 fired up.  Nice weather sure makes things easier.
Hey Al was that Mopar in the pictures a familiar one.  Looked liks one that I know.

enjenjo

Quote from: "reborn55"Been gone for awhile--Mom passed away end of February--spent a couple of weeks in Chi-town.  Trying to get caught up. Was finally able to get the street rod mostly back together and out for a spin this weekend.  Even got the 55 fired up.  Nice weather sure makes things easier.
Hey Al was that Mopar in the pictures a familiar one.  Looked liks one that I know.

Sorry to hear that. You have Our sympathy.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"Hey Al was that Mopar in the pictures a familiar one.  Looked liks one that I know.

Yep!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Rex Schimmer

Completed tranny cover and most of floor, pics attached, also built breather tank for engine, started wiring also had hood side panels louvered at Vern Tardels. Getting closer!

Rex

enjenjo

sirstude

Been working on the Olds, trying to get the front to fit.  I can't believe how crooked good looking sheet metal can be.

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

Ever bought any of the NOS stuff? Some of it's really terrible for fit :x Car's looking good, how much more to do?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Got to be a mistake. That Honda wouldn't go that fast if you pushed it off a cliff.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Got to be a mistake. That Honda wouldn't go that fast if you pushed it off a cliff.

dammit , you are on to me... the GPS at times will come up with goofy 'max speeds' when you enter  a tunnel & lose the satellite  signals.

I've seen speeds at over 400 mph a couple of times.   :shock:

I doubt cliff could hold up the Goldwing, he is kinda old.

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

Quote from: "phat rat"Ever bought any of the NOS stuff? Some of it's really terrible for fit :x Car's looking good, how much more to do?

Way too much, the fenders, grill and lots more parts.  I think, at the rate I am going, a couple of years to go.  If I had a clue when it comes to body work, probably a year.  All the chassis is done.  The wost fit right now is the hood,  I think I am going out to the ranch and pick up the original one.  This one has a bullet hole in the side, the other one has a big oil can in the middle.  Just see which one is the closest to the correct shape.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "sirstude"
Quote from: "phat rat"Ever bought any of the NOS stuff? Some of it's really terrible for fit :x Car's looking good, how much more to do?

Way too much, the fenders, grill and lots more parts.  I think, at the rate I am going, a couple of years to go.  If I had a clue when it comes to body work, probably a year.  All the chassis is done.  The wost fit right now is the hood,  I think I am going out to the ranch and pick up the original one.  This one has a bullet hole in the side, the other one has a big oil can in the middle.  Just see which one is the closest to the correct shape.

Doug

I know just what you're going through..I bought my '40 after the brakes failed & the previous owner "T-Boned " another car at an intersection. "Collision repairs " on a 60 year old car?? HA-HA...  :?  :?  " Same as a Chevy" ...Ha-Ha  :shock:  :shock:   My front fenders were made up from three pairs...During my build I was going to change the make of the car from " Oldsmobile" to "Unavailable" ... :lol:   Yours looks good..Don't forget that the hoods unbolt down the center...Maybe use a left half from one hood & a right half from another?? Don't get discouraged...Remember,not everyone can own a "What's that" ?? :!:  :!:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

sirstude

Mine is the big Olds, the hood is one piece.  Same body as the small Cad.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "sirstude"Mine is the big Olds, the hood is one piece.  Same body as the small Cad.

Doug

Bummer...Sounds like a bullet hole fix...."Oil Can" repairs are not easy... :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****