Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I made the spring perches for this 36 Plymounth today. I didn't have the right piece of steel, so I hit the scrap yard first to buy some metal. As I walked by the aluminum bin, I spied a 1" by 4" by 4ft piece of 6063, so that came home too. $11 for all of it. After the spring peches were done, I welded some frame gussets, and then went up to fatcats for dinner, and diagnose his ice maker. We decided it was broken :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Quote from: "jusjunk"Need to clean the rearend really good...
WHOA!  too much inormation man!   :oops:  :oops:

Besides it's very difficult when the back is gone.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Since stuffing my back, I can't crawl under or over cars or sit down for long periods. So now I gotta do what I can standing up, as a result I've managed to get a few more toolboxes painted.  Here's some samples of what I've been up to.

And to finish off, a couple of works in progress, proving that no matter how hard I try I can never stay within the lines.

This morning I did manage to get to a swap meet and picked up a few more old model kits.  And bad back or not, some things are just begging to be started, even tho there's more others waiting to be finished.

Carps

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Carps"Screwed my back, slipped a disc and pinched a nerve.

Carps , you have my sympathy...This is what I've been fighting since last Nov... :(  :(  'Cept mine is the opposite..I can sit in straight back , hard surface chairs without any issue...Sometime's getting up & walking 100' is an "adventure" ....Sure has put a crimp in "garage time" around here...Nice lines on the boxes.. :D  :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carps

Quote from: UGLY OLDS
Quote from: "Carps"Screwed my back, slipped a disc and pinched a nerve.

Carps , you have my sympathy...This is what I've been fighting since last Nov... :(  :(  'Cept mine is the opposite..I can sit in straight back , hard surface chairs without any issue[/quote
And you have my sympathy.

QuoteSometime's getting up & walking 100' is an "adventure"
I've been thru the non adventure part.  Y'know, the bit where you just can't move?

QuoteSure has put a crimp in "garage time" around here...
garage time is OK provided I don't need to bend over to pick stuff up and can do the work whilst standing upright.  The drwaing table is just right height for that, so as i wait for oneshot to dry, the models move to the high table.

QuoteNice lines on the boxes.. :D  :D
Thanx, hope your back improves.  Since I can't take pain killers, my doc sent me to see a Chinese guy who's been doing the massage and stiucking needles into me.  I used to be very sceptical about this kinda stuff but gotta tell ya, it appears to be working.   :shock:
Carps

phat rat

Carps, acupuncture can work wonders. My wife is a retired nurse and after she retired from the hospital she worked as an office nurse for a Doctor who practised alternative medicine and did acupuncture. I went to him for a problem with my elbows that regular medical treatment for 15 years hadn't take care of. It worked great, then I screwed them up again and that time it didn't. So good luck with the back
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

alchevy

The car show in Byram, MS was great. I had washed my car a week earlier to wash the pollen off of it. I dusted it off before I left home on Saturday morning and stopped near the house to fill it up with gas. When I got back in it and headed out, I noticed there was a nice layer of pollen on top again. Had 82 registered cars at the car show and then we cruised to a cruise-in in a nearby town.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Going to the Tri-5 Chevy car show this weekend in Vicksburg. They said a week ago that they had more pre-entries this year than entrants last year. Hope the thunder storms and rain doesn't mess things up for them. There's an 80% chance of a thunder storm on Saturday afternoon. Here's a link to pictures of last year's show:

http://www.astreetrodder.com/brcc.htm

Then April 13-15th I will be at the Bunny Run in Jackson, TN.
Then I will be going to the Blue Suede Cruise in Tupelo, MS on May 4-6.
May 19th is a one day show in Douglasville, GA. (These three shows have 500+ or - registered at them usually)

May 25-27 is the NSRA Mid-America Nationals in Springfield, MO.
and the list goes on and on and on...
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

I guess everyone knows by now that im gonna put the new wheels on the coupe tomorrow :D Hope to be home by noon then i dont know what else im gonna do over the weekend.
Dave :arrow:

EMSjunkie

I got weekend duty at work. :(

no hotrod work this weekend.  :x

just hope to not get bled on or puked on :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

alchevy

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"I got weekend duty at work. :(

Vance

Y'all have had some rough weather in TX here lately. And still are from what I see looking at the radar.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Rayvyn

I'm involved in something major this weekend, Well, major for me anyhow. I'll be rubbing elbows with some of the icons of racing, eyeing up a bunch of really fast hot rods, meeting some cool drivers, getting my toes trampled on by some of the major race networks film guys, and mingling with media types from about 12 different countries. That's all for now. It ain't over until Sunday evening. Stay tuned. Film at 11...next week... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

alchevy

Well, the rain is on it's way. But I went out the the Tri-5 show and took several pictures. They had a great turnout.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Grandadeo

As for me, I'll be in bed.  I unretired 3 weeks ago and last night I started the midnight shift 7 days, or make that nights, a week until mid May.  Hopefully after a day or two I'll get my internal clock reset and start getting stuff done during the day.  Got a house and garage to paint and a roadster to check over before we set sail for LA.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave

Quote from: "Grandadeo"As for me, I'll be in bed.  I unretired 3 weeks ago and last night I started the midnight shift 7 days, or make that nights, a week until mid May.  Hopefully after a day or two I'll get my internal clock reset and start getting stuff done during the day.  Got a house and garage to paint and a roadster to check over before we set sail for LA.

Lee

Well Lee i hope they are paying you well to unretire :)  i just came in to take a break.. Its getting nice enuff to go for a hraley ride and ive got almost all my honey do's done cept i need to climb both my 40ft towers here and hoist up my wire antennas that came down in the ice storm. Its too windy so i dont think its gonna get done today. I guess ill load another map into the new Power Commander on the Harley and go out and see how this one makes her run.. got this one from a guy on the v-twin forum and he says its from a bike that was dynoed with the sme stuff i have ! Could be fun..
Dave