Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "sirstude"Mine is the big Olds, the hood is one piece.  Same body as the small Cad.Doug
Bummer...Sounds like a bullet hole fix...."Oil Can" repairs are not easy... :(
With my patients (both definitions apply) welding a patch in the bullet hole would create an oil can. You'd be able to practice on that one and then take the other one to a professional. "Cheap is Dirty and Dirty is Cheap" GPster

sirstude

The bullet hole is right on the edge of the hood, just above the lip.  It is more of a tear, about 2 inches long.  That edge should help with the repair.  The oil can is about 3 feet around, so we will see.  Spend most of today, cleaing up my @#&% Pit of a garage.  I don't see how anyone can make such a mess, but I guess I must be an expert.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "sirstude"The bullet hole is right on the edge of the hood, just above the lip.  It is more of a tear, about 2 inches long.  That edge should help with the repair.  The oil can is about 3 feet around, so we will see.  Spend most of today, cleaing up my @#&% Pit of a garage.  I don't see how anyone can make such a mess, but I guess I must be an expert.

Doug

Wait until you see my garage, and my definition of clean.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Grandadeo

I know Normspeed is at the Cal-Rods Show at Santa Anita Race Track today.  Can't wait to see the pics.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave

Hey I actually worked in the garage .. I changed the oil in my truck and sue's car and vaccumed em and did the winders and put new wiper blades on sue's.. I also Changed some things on the roadster. There was a couple little items i needed to change and add so i got that done too. Next is the performance mods to the harley. It was nice to be in the garage. I been really feeling crummy and ive figured out part of it was the prilosec im on isnt working and its messing up my stomach! I had part of a bottle of a script from before thats called prevacid and i took one of them yesterday and im a lot better. I gotta get with the doc on that one. I got acid reflux so bad that my throat burns all day :!: The prevacid seemed to stop the reflux .. Off for my stress test today and to the other doc to check my throat wednesday and hopfully out to the garage all week after work. I need to get sumpin done on the roadster.. If the weather breaks i could get the frame painted and a running roller done in a couple weeks.. Not that is has to be done that quick but i think id would be somewhat of a challenge just to see if i can pull it off in that time frame.. Its snowing here again this morning but its supposed to be 63 thursday. That may be harley hop up day  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

alchevy

Had a small gathering of old cars at a friend's house on Sunday afternoon so that a group of orphaned boys could see the cars. I left my camera at home. This coming weekend, I'll be going to a boy scout car show in Byram, MS and then there's a cruise-in after the car show.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Hey Dave, this thing was on the second page, so I brought it back to the top! It's the weekend again.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Quote from: "40chevy"Hey Dave, this thing was on the second page, so I brought it back to the top! It's the weekend again.
AL

Thanks.. I was thinkin bout it.. Im gonna finish cleaning the bike tonite prolly then if the weather is like they say its gonna be tomorrow im going to hand wash my truck and maybe Sue's new Grand Prix. I did make a short run around the hood with it yesterday and its pretty nice. Im thinkin sunday is the day to start pulling the roadster apart and stacking stuff in the corner and see about blasting the frame and some primer then paint. Its not gonna take long to have it drivable but i need the good weather to pull the coupe and bike out so i can spray.. Ill let ya know what I get done :lol:
Dave
ps: I may have a couple cocktails this weekend too. :wink:

EMSjunkie

I'm gonna try to get my brand new prc radiator intalled.
and if I have time.....may just drag home a 1917 C-Cab :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

sirstude

Going to start on finishing my son's basement.  Play with hammers and saws and the such !!!!

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

Quote from: "sirstude"Going to start on finishing my son's basement.  Play with hammers and saws and the such !!!!

Doug

Careful with them fingers.............
Dave :wink:

Dave

Got the bike all cleaned up last nite and i may just go for a ride up 3 streets to the kids in a bit. I need a break and a little rest :!:  The roadster is history.. Its all in pieces .. The body is sitting out side with a tarp over it and the only think i couldnt get in the basement was the engine and tranny and sue wont help me  :wink:  Ive got the front axle all broke down and the rear end is draining and apart. Ive got some big time cleaning there before it goes to sand blasting.  I didnt get the truck had washed today like I wanted but i sure got a lot done on the roadster. Yup there is always tomorrow.
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

Carps

Screwed my back, slipped a disc and pinched a nerve.

No painkillers as they have a nasty effect on the stuff that keeps me alive, so I just gotta live with it.

Can't get down to fix oil leak in '33, can get under to replace brake master in Humpy, can even get in the Lexus to go out anywhere or sit down to build model cars.

Can at least stand up, so I guess I'll be finishing of a few pinstriped toolboxes.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Good luck Carps that back stuff aint no fun ive been there..  Just came back in. Got the truck all washed up too. Man im wipped but at least it was a productive day. Watched the busch race from bristol on and off. 8 pm is the IRL race......... no fenders im there......... Got a couple things to do tomorrow
Need to clean the rearend really good and finish welding the panhard rod bracket on then ill be ready to talk to the sandblasting guys. Weather is gonna be a factor here but if i can get it done it should be ok in the garage if i keep the heat on till we hit 80 every day! I got a plan i just need to follow thru.. Im sure lazy these days . I did ride the harley up to the kids place.. Nice ride.........
Dave :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Beck

I had great plans to work on the PU. The weather is beautiful here in St. Louis today. The yard got mowed for the first time. The crab grass preventer was applied at home and my rental property. Then work called and I had to go there for 4 hr. I'm having a skunk problem at my rental property so I made a trip there and tried to kill that little *#$@. Hopefully tonight I will be able to work on the bed wood a bit. It's already getting late. There is always tomorrow. I have to get that new motor for the PU pulled tomorrow!