Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Carps them was great..

Well I left for the kzoo swap at 7am this morning ...read about it on the other post.. Its about 6:15 and im done for today.. I bought some insulation today (2 rolls ) and ive been fooling with that and finishing the interior panels. Also I ordered a new 4 piece style rootlieb hood top from Yogis and it was dropped shipped from rootlieb and it came today so i was playing with that also :lol:  :lol:  Got it in place and its gonna look good. I bought a whole hood off charliechops a while ago and it was good but not perfect  so i threw it on ebay and made enuff to cover this one   :lol: . All ya gotta do on the bay is insinuate that it may be an original and the price goes up.   :wink: Tomorrow ive got a list of things to do .. get wiper blades for both vehicles and i need a piece of 1 1/2 by 1/8 aluminum from menards for a little cover up on the seat holes and then if all goes well I may try covering a couple door panels and kick panels. i wont have the stuff to retry the rear surround till next week so i gotta do sumpin.. I actually covered a lot of ground today and got a lot of little S&*T done so it was a good day.. Sue got home last night and asked me what i screwed up ?
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Grandadeo

Dave, see you went with Yogi's for hood pieces/parts.  I wondered how you made out on your request for a Rootlieb dealer.  When I have a few bucks I wanna get one of their 25 louver four piece hoods for my roadster.  Of course that will mean swaping the Sanderson Lime Fire headers for block huggers and new exhaust pipes, etc, etc.  Change may be good but it ain't cheap.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

kb426

Dave, I understand about the "what did you screw up " comment. I pulled the windshield frame and put the gasket above and below it and reinstalled. I put the speakers in the dash and said "thwi" I went and picked up my machine shop buddy and we road around for about 45 minutes. I put the window regulators in after cleaning and lubing and discovered that the door glasses are a little bit wide. They'll go back to the glass shop on monday to see if they can be trimmed or cut new glasses. Tomorrow, I'll work on stereo equipment. Unless I decide I'd rather drive than work.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I went to the swap meet, missed Dave, but saw Jack and the others. We came home, and I finished putting the suspension back together on this trailer, while Fatcat took a nap.  :roll:  Then we worked on his chevy frame, repaired a couple body mounts, it's just about ready to blast and paint.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"I went to the swap meet, missed Dave, but saw Jack and the others. We came home, and I finished putting the suspension back together on this trailer, while Fatcat took a nap.  :roll:  Then we worked on his chevy frame, repaired a couple body mounts, it's just about ready to blast and paint.

Frank I got up way early and I had warned everyone i may not be there for the meet and greet :D I wanted to stay in bed and that didnt work today either its 7:05 and ive been up for 1/2 hour.. I know its a long drive for you and its still 1 hour for me if i drive about 78 mph and thats what i did..  :wink: Ill see you next weekend anyway if your still going to the indy show..
Dave

purplepickup

Carps, as usual your pictures are great!  They almost make me feel like I was there. Thanks!  What a beautiful place for a show...both inside and out.

My stepdaughter and grandkids are moving to Melbourne this summer.  I'll prolly be visiting your country once in a while.  It looks like there's lots of cool stuff there to experience.
George

phat rat

a little progress today. Pulled the center X out and dropped the motor between the rails
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bugpac

Looking good jack, so you are making everything for this car right, non off that 1-800 stuff? :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Grandadeo

Jack, that's a good looking T body.  Makes mine look RUFF as a cob.  And that's with parts from about four different tourings to make one, and all the replacement panels known to man.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

phat rat

Quote from: "Bugpac"Looking good jack, so you are making everything for this car right, non off that 1-800 stuff? :D

LOL Well most of it will come from swap meets and junkyards. I'm not the GOLD CHAINER from Jackson.

Thanks for the comment Lee I was lucky with this body but did have to do some rust repair on the lower part plus I need another passenger door. The bottom is rusted away and has some holes from I don't know what on the upper part. All in all not a bad body for out of a junkyard , but it was western metal (Mt)
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Bugpac"Looking good jack, so you are making everything for this car right, non off that 1-800 stuff? :D

LOL Well most of it will come from swap meets and junkyards. I'm not the GOLD CHAINER from Jackson.

Thanks for the comment Lee I was lucky with this body but did have to do some rust repair on the lower part plus I need another passenger door. The bottom is rusted away and has some holes from I don't know what on the upper part. All in all not a bad body for out of a junkyard , but it was western metal (Mt)

Ok  Lets put this to rest.. Ive done my share of welding in patch panels and I also had my own body and paint business so thats why I do Glass and dont really buy junk. Besides right now i can almost afford it so while im doing stuff like screwing up  150.00 WORTH OF UPHOLSTERY MATERIAL TODAY * caps lock again)  Ill have my fun my way... Now one more time,,,, listen close .. Yes I have a gold chain and Sue got it for me for my birthday afer the heart attack.. It has a lot to do with her and nothing to do with my hot rods..  Now ya wanna get * .. I wish I was retired and could spend the day working on my S$$T in the garage like you . I have to make tracks while im home cause i gotta put in 40 a week at the plant.. Ya im Jealous and I have the right to be.. Did the government  screw up your  social security   :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  Ya im the so called baby boomer so i get to wait longer for good money... .. Thats bull S&*T too...  I never really did do the junk yard stuff cause i never had time . While my first wife was spending all my money and i was working 2 jobs i did manage to build a couple cars  but it was tough ... Ahh the good old days when there was no internet and no friends to pick on you................
I remember when i used amateur radio instead of making a long distance phone call to save money....
Feel sorry yet Jack  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
Dave

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Take that .
Ha Ha and if you knew morse code
dididahdit   dididah dahdidahdit dahdidah  dahdidahdada dadada dididdah
I wont do it in ..-. form cause thats not the way to learn it . Learn it by sound only..
Love
Dave

WZ JUNK

I sprayed the body, doors, and rear quarters on Hooley's Henry J today with spray on bondo.  I still have a lot of work to do.  Yesterday we went to Wichita to the swap meet.  A long day but it was a good day on the road.  I found some parts for the 38 Chevy.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

EMSjunkie

I worked on my c-cab.
got the unnecessary brackets off the 8.8" rear end.
cleaned up the radius rods and I-beam axle, getting ready for powder coating. 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Finished the trailer rebuild today, ready for pickup. Install brakes in a 49 Merc tomorrow.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I mounted mirrors on the top hinge and installed door check straps. I started laying out metal for the radio mount which will be the headliner also. I had a plan but don't like all of it so I need to do more thinking.
TEAM SMART