Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Dave, I have Direct TV, HD TV with the whole HD set-up. When I heard SPeed HD rumor I called  and they (Direct TV) tell me Speed is already broadcasting in HD.  However, with that said it does not appear to me that B-J is being broadcast in HD.  

So I am not sure if Speed maybe has not flipped the HD switch, but Direct TV has?  They (Speed) is advertising that Neck Car races will be broadcast in HD.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

kb426

It's 17 here. Overcast and light flurries. I don't have much planned for today but tomorrow is supposed to be warm enough that I'm going to heat the garage and do some more small stuff on the 32. The glass man said next week so I'm still in neutral there. I don't have speed channel so I don't have any tv to watch.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"Dave, I have Direct TV, HD TV with the whole HD set-up. When I heard SPeed HD rumor I called  and they (Direct TV) tell me Speed is already broadcasting in HD.  However, with that said it does not appear to me that B-J is being broadcast in HD.  

So I am not sure if Speed maybe has not flipped the HD switch, but Direct TV has?  They (Speed) is advertising that Neck Car races will be broadcast in HD.

well Don ive been with direct tv for a long time and then i have basic cable for the big 3 channels here . I did that for nascar way back when it was fun. The deal is i have d/tv in the garage too. I can switch to cable and h/d in the house and digital in the garage for 2 bucks more that im paying now (set up not included) and get use of my H/D.. Also i wont loose the picture when it rains really hard or from snow :lol:  and being a ham radio op i have too much stuff in the air now :lol: Im actually gonna take down a bunch of stuff this spring and ive got to find out why one of my antennas doesnt work anyway so its a good time to clean house..  I just want to go full cable in the next week or so..
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"It's 17 here. Overcast and light flurries. I don't have much planned for today but tomorrow is supposed to be warm enough that I'm going to heat the garage and do some more small stuff on the 32. The glass man said next week so I'm still in neutral there. I don't have speed channel so I don't have any tv to watch.

Whats warm enuff??? Im glad ive got the 100000 btu furnace .. :lol:
Got the puker going  loading winders again for my buddy so after that im headed to the garage.. Ive never seen a hard drive so messed up from adware and stuff.. Ha Ha I saved er though. I had to install my H/D as a master and his as a slave so i could format the bugger and clear its mind . You can format the drive thru winxp but this one wasnt having none of that.. It was possessed..
Dave :lol:  :arrow:

Fuzzy

Had B-J on in the garage since about 4:00 p.m. I guess.One car that really turned my crank was the 53 Buick Skylark. :shock:  :shock: .Still have it on in the house now.I'm makin a mess out there removing the paint from the areas we're going to cut when we chop it next month.Sure wish I would have blasted it off before winter :(U) .When I left the garage,I walked around my truck,and there were four deer standing there chowin down at the corn pile.They never moved until they saw me,and then all I saw was white flags as they took off into the woods.I was only about 30 ft.from them.I get quite a few turkeys too,but they crap all over and I'd rather not have them here.Oh well :roll: .Tomorrow I'll get back to the paint removal.Still snowin' and blowin',and COLD!
Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fuzzy

50 Dodge Coronet,that ugly yellow thing in my garage when you were here.I bought the back half of a roof from a 46-48 Ford.It should change the look quite a bit,and get rid of that huge rear window.It's been a long time coming.Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Bugpac

spent 12 hrs yesterday, glassing a roadster, got about 5 more hours to glass the doors, trunk and dash...Not sure if i am going to do it today ot not...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"spent 12 hrs yesterday, glassing a roadster, got about 5 more hours to glass the doors, trunk and dash...Not sure if i am going to do it today ot not...

Your gettin a little lazy arent you  :?: ... I worked till about 4 but i didnt get to the garage till 11 after saving the puker for my friend. He and his son showed up about 4 and that was the end of that.. After they left i went in and wached B/J in the house.. * what big money was flowin last night.. I went to bed about 9:30.. I have mixed feeling now about the B/J thing as it looks like a dog and pony show for everyone on the podium.. I get a little tired of em running their mouths.. After one car went for extreemly big money they had go go right to the * fantsay car and the announcers were telling about the coilovers and 9 inch rear on the streett rod they never showed.. That about did it for me.. In fact id did send me to bed.. And WTF was craig gonna do if he won the stupid roboosaurus
:?:  I got a hint where he could store it and i think there is room  :lol:  :lol: Hopefully more cutting on interior panels today for me and B/J outta one ear if its on while im there..
Dave

kb426

I bled the brakes again. Messed with the interior door handles, made a dovetail for one door. The original didn't line up right. I pulled the top of the intake and changed injectors. This thing won't run on full throttle. This set is better than the last but still not perfect. I don't know if I still have some blockage or something else is going on. I'm going to drive it some and see if it clears up before I change anything. I don't know for sure if the computer has had adequate "block learning" time yet. The back glass is in and I ordered glass setting tape for the windshield. I had a roll and it turned out to be 6' short of what I needed. I also drove around the block 3 times and got mud from the melting snow all over it. Now it looks like a high boy.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

That's it Bill.... :shock:  My Model A will be by your house in the morning... :?  You've got more accomplished in 6 month's than I have since 1980... :oops:  That truck is lookin good...... :D  8)

Bob
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Bugpac

As per dave, I was lazy today, I didnt go out to the glass shop till about 3 ish, cleaned up the mess from the body lay, still in mold btw, get out when i feel like triming and getting itchy, lol....Anyhow I waxed the trunk lid and bellhousing cover, and layed them 2 pieces, tomorrow i will lay the firewall, inner outer doors, inner trunk and dash...then its a matter of trim pop, and bolt floor to chassis and laminate body on, laminate doors and stuff..then off to ebay...I got enuff materials to make 3 roadsters, so i am going to work on that, i have had the resin 28 days, i need to use in 60 give or take....Btw, this is the first car i have done without my mentor, took me a bit longer, but i think It will be really nice when she pops...It will definetley be stronger, I did 5 layers of 1.5 oz...and plan to add 2 more layers of 2 oz on the large body panles, and floor board areas....I am shooting for quality not expense, I have to do something to differentiate myself from others...10 days away, never know it may be in the p lot at k zoo for sale.... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

jaybee

I pulled the last of the interior panels out of the wagon as well as the last of the headliner.  Must have been Cinderella's car in the past because at some point a whole bunch of her furry little helpers lived up there.  Filled an entire garbage bag with rotten headliner and mouse nest.  I'm trying to get the upper tailgate hinges out to bend the left hinge to match the right so the thing will gap properly.  After I broke off the first two bolts I called it quits & just left the others to soak.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I fired the Nomad today, runs good. It has a small fuel leak, and I am having a problem programing the shift indicator, but I'll get it figured out.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

The Nomad is done. He will pick it up Monday.

The fuel leak gave me fits, changed the fitting twice before I got one that would seal. Then I found that it idled too fast, the IAC was frozen open from setting, replaced that, and went back to programing the shifter. After a full day fooling with that, found I had wired it wrong :oops: The I discovered that the speedo indicated 20 mph any time the engine was running :shock: I had wired it too neatly, the tach wire was inducing a signal in the speedo wire, so I rerouted that and it works fine.

I was not happy with the throttle linkage, the ratio was not right, so I reworked the belcrank to change the ratio, and that cured that.

The last problem was the fan relay wouldn't work, after I found that the control wire was suppling 12 volts, and not a ground, it was a simple fix.

Overall, this was my first experience with a Howell harness, the product is good, and the tech support is excellent. It has to be, because the installation instructions really suck. several of the  problems I had would have been cured by better instructions. I have installed several EFI harnesses in the past, so this was not my first rodeo, but I still had to call several times to clear up problems that were not addressed in the instructions. Having done one, I would use another one from Howell, the product has several advantages over other harnesses I looked at, and the price was competitive.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.