Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

Quote from: "wayne petty"this week end i am scrounging a few more parts for the 66 fairlane project.. craigs list guy sold the scattershield for the top loader. and sunday or monday i am driving up to lake isabella?  to look at a 76 ford ranchero.. and maybe a house with a shop/garge for rent cheep...... maybe a move from hollywood soon./..hopes theres an az up there......

how about pics of the fairlane?
i usta have a 66 gt (not an "a") 'vert in high school....
ONLY ford i ever had i'd like to have back...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

donsrods

Still busting tail on my kid's T bucket, trying to get it done in time for Turkey Run in Daytona (44 more days  :D )  Got his rear axle reassembled and started bolting painted parts on the frame.  Tomorrow the plan is to get it up on wheels for the last time and install the engine and tranny.

Don

kb426

Painted the doors and repainted the cab on the 32. When I went to the post office this morning, I got a flat tire on the back of the dr650. Tomorrow, I get to pull the starter on the Dakota and put a kit in the solenoid. Chance for rain in the pm so I need to get all my projects done early. I'll let the painted items sit for a couple of days before I try to scratch them up.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

Quote from: "tomslik"
how about pics of the fairlane?
i usta have a 66 gt (not an "a") 'vert in high school....
ONLY ford i ever had i'd like to have back...

next time the fairlane is over... the owner works nights shuffling tapes for fox. and we are still gathering parts for the toploader install..

i called today out to a mustang wrecking yard and when i ask if he had a scattershield he wanted to know what year it fit.. i told him i would come by on monday or tuesday...not a clue...

by the way.. he has two of them... ill get pics of both ...

enjenjo

Went to Ididit saturday, the adrian swap sunday, kind of diasappointing this year, the vendors were way down. After the swap meet, I stacked 1500 bd. ft. of lumber to season, pine and walnut. Today I got back on the 38 Plymouth, finished the right running board, and started on the left one.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Running boards are done, now I am on the rear fenders.

After speending two weeks last month cutting up the trees that were hit by lightning, the yard was looking pretty good. Tuesday a buddy dropped off a load of firewood, I got it all stacked up wednesday. Thursday, he brought over another load :shock: I told him I had enough for now :roll:

Dave

enuff schooling... Got home late . going to the garage . im gonna drive to the corner by sunday.
Dave :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

UGLY OLDS

I'm going to watch my lovely wife stack the firewood the nice man with the dump truck put in my driveway...As her reward, I'm going to take her to a car show on Sunday....SEE...I'm learning  :!:  :!:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Brake lines and exhaust for me. Can't be much fun.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: UGLY OLDSI'm going to watch my lovely wife stack the firewood the nice man with the dump truck put in my driveway...As her reward, I'm going to take her to a car show on Sunday....SEE...I'm learning  :!:  :!:  :wink:[/quote

Um, if  your're still breathing :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

donsrods

I'm going to install my newly painted body that just came back from the paintshop today.   :D  :D    I've still got a grin on my face that won't go away.   :D  :D

Don

Dave

Looks great Don..  More pics please..Im done with classes on vision systems and although I learned a bunch I hope I can use that knowledge in the near future. We have a tendancy to get one of everything so there is nothing around to hone your skills on cause the one in the plant has to run and they are about 10k soooo.
Im not gonna miss the 58 minute drive time that took 1 1/2 hours one morning..  Ok back on track  ........ I got home late again but ive been busting * all week when I got home. The car has a seat installed but i may make some changes there. I have the steering column in and a gas pedal hooked to the carburator and I put the brake pedal pad on and did my 15 minute wiring job . I can turn the key rev the engine put it in gear and go forward and back up  :!:  :!:  :!:  Looking at this body it just gets worse every time I look..  Its  gonna get to a point where I may want to change bodys.  Im gonna start the body work in a week or 2 anyway and see how it goes..
Im headed out to the garage today and im gonna get the steering shaft in place and the drag link on after i find the center of the steering box then im gonna go for a short ride  :lol:  Ive got the grand daughter comming this afternoon and i havent seen her for 2 months so i gotta spend time with her. Gotta work fast today .. Oh ya I gotta go buy a new fridge today too..
Dave

donsrods

Thanks Dave.  Got it undercoated with truck bed liner last night, and am going to put it on the frame for the final time (I hope).  I'll post some pictures when we do that, but here is another view in the meantime.  I'm really happy with the job the body shop did.........no Ridler car, but decent driver quality.

Don

enjenjo

One fender to bolt on to the 38 and it will be almost done. I have to change out a Toyota steering box in an F100, and try to get some wood split.

Dave

Im working on the roadster but i dont know what im doing as of yet.. Its pretty much all body work now so ill start somewhere. Supposed  be 74 sunday so i figure a bike ride is in order.. I havent done squat all week cept change the out side faucet.. been feeling just plain drug out.. Oh ya i gotta change sues oil in the G/P also or have someone do it.. I may just stop after work and get it done and over with.. Id also like ti hit the woods sunday morning and evening.
Dave