Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "papastoyss"....signed papers to have a shop built behind my house,now no $ to build the 40.
Good luck with the new project.  Maybe no $ for parts but you'll have a nice place to be alone with your new friend and get to know each other.   8)

You do have a ponderin' chair for your new shop don't you?
George

alchevy

Going to a benefit breakfast on Saturday morning to help raise money for a local family where the parents were killed in a car wreck and their two daughters were injured. From 6am 'til 10am at Applebees in Clinton, MS.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

reborn55

Hanging new garage door on wifes garage Saturday and going to a luau on Sunday
Al--sell you car?

donsrods

Still painting, but this time on the frame for my Kids T bucket.  Got it sprayed and this weekend we are gonna rub it out and paint some other chassis stuff.

Don

Dave

Going to look at the 32 coupe thats on ebay at 10 am then my youngest is comming over and we are going to berlin raceway for supermods midgets and winged sprints :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Should be a great show and were gonna camp tonite .. I did some more work on the firewall last night but i quit early been watching the news. Seems this lovely state i live in is gonna shut down monday .. No money..  Im sure they will tax us some more then run more business outta here..
Dave :?:

kb426

I got the doors ready for primer tomorrow. I spent 2 weeks on them. I'm tired of doors. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Carps

Been to darn busy at the salt mines to be doing much at all since returning from vacation.

However finally got the first video story completed.  There's a 3 DVD set covering the NSRA Nats.  Interesting to see how I wasted my time at that event.  There's about 15 minutes from Wed (we arrived early) Thurs shows us driving in then nnuthin until we drive out.  Got about h15 minutes of the Tursday night cruisin action, then some early morning arrivals on Friday with not a lot shot during the day, colsing out disc 1 with about 30 mins of the crusin action after dark.

The next two discs are all Saturday (provided you exclude ten or so mins depicting the trip 'home' to St Louis on Sunday) starting at 0 Dark 30 again and recording the cars rolling in.  There's a few gaps in time but I managed to get some swap meet action, a little Fairgrounds misbehaviour and even some RRT activity with the action ending as the last vehicles roll out and the fairground empties.

Still got some tidy up editing to do but the picture quality is brilliant (new high tech camera was well worth the silly price) so now all I need is to make a few copies for my friends.

Oh, I finally fixed that damned fuel leak on the '33.  So yesterday I got to detailing the brackets for the King Bee Fog Lamps I dragged home from the US.  The look kinda cool on the old gal, in a resto sort of way.   :wink:

Later yesterday I managed to get some striping done for the first time in ages.  To help cart home the spoils of my vacation I picked up this neat folding metal 'tool tote' at of all places Costco (One f their big tool boxkes would have been nice to drag home also but it would not qualify as 'carry-on' baggage).  Anyhow I started painting some lines on it.

And I did some work on one of the models that's been sitting in limbo for months.

Today (Sunday) the beat goes on.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"Al--sell you car?

Not yet. Had a few nibbles but no bites yet.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Got the underside of the body primed and painted last night so im halfway free for the weekend. Looks like im gonna try to hit ididit tomorrow for a bit then maybe adrian sunday.. Its way too warm to get excited about bow hunting anyway.. I do need to shoot a few arrows though and get a license.. Got to stop at the bike shop after work and try and collect some more money. They still owe me about 450.00 and see if they found out anymore on my back ordered parts. Other than that im gonna set the body back on the frame saturday afternoon or sunday afternoon..
Dave

UGLY OLDS

My turn to watch new garage doors being installed...Sunday is a neat little car show in the park under a tree..'Bout 100 / 150 cars...Time to relax.....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Bowling today. Ididit tomorrow, Adrian sunday. I have the whole front end mounted on this 38 Plymount this week, one of the running boards glassed up, and ready to install. I should have it done in another week or so.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

Didn't go to Cruisin' the Coast, so I have been watching the camera views on mstraffic.com to see some of the cars every now and then. Sure saves money on gas.

Got a cruise-in Saturday night that several of us may go to.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

wayne petty

this week end i am scrounging a few more parts for the 66 fairlane project.. craigs list guy sold the scattershield for the top loader. and sunday or monday i am driving up to lake isabella?  to look at a 76 ford ranchero.. and maybe a house with a shop/garge for rent cheep...... maybe a move from hollywood soon./..hopes theres an az up there......

Carps

Relax!

Visist doc on Sat morn.

Do some shopping.

Lay down some twisted lines

Paint model car body and parts.

Finish adding fog lamps to '33 Ford (one step closer to restored)  :wink:

Edit some more vacation video.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

alchevy

www.astreetrodder.com