Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

Quote from: "Grandadeo"
Quote from: "donsrods"Dave, it's one thing to have an exciting weekend, but you don't need to push it THAT far.   :shock:  :shock:

Word of advice.........don't take up skydiving.  :D

Don

Speaking of Skydiving, Has anybody talked to George (PurplePickup) lately?

Lee

yeah, we gonna have to take up a collection so he can get a 'puter?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "donsrods"Dave, it's one thing to have an exciting weekend, but you don't need to push it THAT far.   :shock:  :shock:

Don

Lee

I hope thats all it is. Puters are cheap these days..
Dave

Carnut

Quote from: "tomslik"

Don

Lee

Geeze, if he needs a computer, I've got a half dozen spare dos boxs around here, I'd be glad to donate one that works.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Oh yeah...site security has informed me that Vance was spotted posting in the "Powder Room". Is the rest of the "team" aware of this... :?:  :(U)

LIARS :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OK, OK,  I just stuck my head in there to have a look-see :oops:
but I swear.....I didn't see nuthin' :shock:

at least I put the lid down :wink:

it does smell nice in there, little soaps and frilly hand towels :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"I hope George only needs a computer...... how was Sue doing?

8)

Last I talked to him she was doing well. But thats been a while Tony.
Dave

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Crosley"I hope George only needs a computer...... how was Sue doing?

I've been wondering about them, too!  .......It's not normal for George to be away from here for so long.

Some of George's comments in the past keep me hoping that things have not gotten worse for them!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Dave

Well its friday .. bike is still broke im still broke cant work on the roadster so there is a bike show downtown tonite and tomorrow. looks like im there. Have to leave early from there tomorrow for my kids b-day party. Sunday ill rest.
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

phat rat

I'm getting ready for my trip west. But first it's our 18th anniversary Sun. so we're going out this week-end.  Then Mon. I go play for however long it takes.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"I'm getting ready for my trip west. But first it's our 18th anniversary Sun. so we're going out this week-end.  Then Mon. I go play for however long it takes.

Congrats to you both Jack
Dave + Sue

phat rat

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"I'm getting ready for my trip west. But first it's our 18th anniversary Sun. so we're going out this week-end.  Then Mon. I go play for however long it takes.

Congrats Jack. Many more to ya' both.
If you happen to see anything laying around out west that you think might need a home in Florida, do me a favor huh?? :wink:
I'll spring for the gas... );b(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

I'll post things for sale when I get back. If small enough to travel in the cpe I might be able to deliver it to Tampa. Which trip would you like to buy the gas for, Montana or Tampa? :lol:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"I'll post things for sale when I get back. If small enough to travel in the cpe I might be able to deliver it to Tampa. Which trip would you like to buy the gas for, Montana or Tampa? :lol:

I think Doug and all them durned Montana hot rodders got the flatlands and northern Rockies pretty well picked over, so I guess it's the Tampa trip; provided you can stuff that 30's p/u frame and body into your trunk... :shock:  :D

The missus coming down this year? Maybe she could hook up with my ball and chain and see the sights with her... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

No she's not coming. I'll be coming down as long as my Navy son is stateside, which he is supposed to be. He and I had plans to do this in 02 then I hit the deer on the way to L'ville. So this is to be a father/son thing.

Carps

Finally got the new water pump fitted on the '33.  It's different to the old one which was only used for one model year and changed so that the heater inlet and outlet are side by side and not on opposite sides of the pump.

That eant I had to redo the heater hoses (not that they are connected to an actual heater) and the one I needed for a neat application is no longer serviced.  Found a Ford one with the right end, but it's too short, so ended up putting a 'slice' joint in the middle.  All tucked neatly away inside the fender aprom bubble so it's not visible.

Then I decided to change the fuel filter.  Remembered why I didn;t do that before.  So after damaging the fuel line, went out anfd got some new bundy tube and with the help of my trusty double flaring tool and tubing bender replumbed the fuel delivery system.   :roll:

Got all that sorted out and bolting on the fan realised that it's about the only item on the engine not held in place by polished stainless or chromed alen head bolts.  So...... spent most of Saturday searching the bolt stores for stainless buttonheads.  They look much better, even if they won't show once the radiator is in place.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just got a few paint touch ups to do on the engine and I can bolt the water cooler back in place, attach the shiney bit in front of it and take it out to play.  Of course by then it will be pouring rain, which it will continue to do for forty days and forty nights.   :(

Oh well, it was fun and I reckon I only lost about a pint of blood doing it.  Blood thinning drugs are a *!
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.