Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"Austrailia is different, Carps is backward :roll:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Seat heaters have become my new best friend, but the heated steering wheel in the new LS460 is 'the ducks guts' (that's Aussie meaning; 'To die for').   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "jusjunk"Mo money..
We can compare notes at louisville.   :wink:

QuoteI may come back and work in the garage today . Guess ill turn the air on out there on my way out.
My garage has air too, but I don't need to turn it on, it just seems to be there.  Right now I'd like it to be a little warmer as I need to get under the car to change the oil and the thermometer is reading just above zero.

Do you think SWMBO would mind if I bought some parts/work into the house, where it's nice and warm?
Carps

phat rat

Carps glad to hear you'll be in L'ville. I'll be sure to find you so I can eyeball you in person. I suppose I should'nt be with the Raven when  we first meet  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Carps

Quote from: "phat rat"Carps glad to hear you'll be in L'ville.
Me too.   :wink:

QuoteI'll be sure to find you so I can eyeball you in person.
I'm the good looking clean shaven fellow.  If you make it to the usual RRT campsite (I'm assuming it'll be on the grass behind the building where it was last time) I'll be sure to find you.

QuoteI suppose I should'nt be with the Raven when  we first meet  :lol:
So long as you remeber to duck, you should be OK.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Dave

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Mo money..
We can compare notes at louisville.   :wink:

QuoteI may come back and work in the garage today . Guess ill turn the air on out there on my way out.
My garage has air too, but I don't need to turn it on, it just seems to be there.  Right now I'd like it to be a little warmer as I need to get under the car to change the oil and the thermometer is reading just above zero.

Do you think SWMBO would mind if I bought some parts/work into the house, where it's nice and warm?

Carps sweety im not gonna make L'ville.. Just aint got enuff time to do everything i wanna do this summer and with no car ive got other things to do   :lol:  :lol:  I will be stopping in on the salt though..
Dave :wink:

58 Yeoman

Finally working on cleaning my garage.  Getting rid of some junk, and cleaning up the sawdust from the house projects.  I'll tackle the workbench today.  More junk for the landfill.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Carps

Quote from: "jusjunk"I will be stopping in on the salt though..
Then I guess you can buy me a lemonade when you get there.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Meanwhile, I finally got the '33 buttoned up and ready to roll.

One of the things I 'fixed' while it was apart, was a fuel line.  It wasn't broken, but I just didn't like it.  So I made a new one, looks great too.

Cranked the old gal into life and it was harder to start than usual, then I noticed fluid pouring onto the floor.  I figured I'd screwed up the water pump installation.  Trouble is it turned out not to be water, it was fuel.  Spewing from the new fuel line at the pump connection.

So I pulled it apart and refitted the original.  Cranked her up again and still spewing fuel.   Pulled the adapter from the pump coz I thought I may have damaged it somehow.  Darn thing broke in half as soon as I put a spanner to it.  Looks to have been cracked for some time and I've aggravated it by replacing the fuel line.

Oh well, too late to go shopping for another on Sunday arvo, so I sat in my nice comfy chair to ponder the next move.  

Probably not a good thing that the model car building dept and stock is located in the same building as the 1/1 scale stuff.  Opened a cabinet and pulled out a box.  Opened the box and pulled out some plastic bits, then opened another box and before I knew it, this, was sitting on the table in front of me.

Guess I have no choice but to finsish building it now.   :roll:
Carps

enjenjo

Had to put a new U joint in the rear of the driveshaft on the Marlin, the thirdt in 600 miles, so I checked a little further, the last time I blew the shaft out, it bent the yoke, so I had to get a little further into it. All fixed now. But the shock bracket is still broken.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Carps the car looks sweet.. I been in the garage all day cleaning and gettin ready for the assult on the roadster although it aint gonna happen till after 4 of July..  I did vaccum my truck and wash the floor mats and fixed the drain on the kitchen sink (every 6 months!) Sue just got back from shoppin and she got some wood chips and a container for em and we are gonna do ribs on the new grille tonite :lol:  :lol:  :lol: . Long day and pretty busy but at least I got sumpin done. Ive had the elbow out in the freah air with no bandage since yesterday afternoon too . Cant believe im still sweled up but its feeling better.. I gotta go exercise it (12 ounce curls)
L8TR

dragrcr50

spent the weekend outfitting a new enclosed trailer for agent orange.  bout ready to go race the 30th at the nitro nats in tulsa okl june 30th
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

UGLY OLDS

Caught up on a bunch of yard work..I still have trouble with the weed-wacker & the trimming ( push ) mower, I just have to do that a little at a time...But boy can I terrorize the place on the tractor.  :twisted:   Look out critters, I'm a comin'  :!:  :!:  Next will be the "bug scraping " to get  Ol' Ugly ready  for Des Moines......  8)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

My 05 colorado just turned 40k last friday.. Maybe you should get out more  :?:
Dave
ps: I dont have a Hoist or a fancy shop either. Your my Hero ....... 8)

trackster

My '98 S-10 turned over 200,000 last week. I think I get out too much!  :lol:
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

Carnut

Heh,Heh,

My 02 Chrysler PT Cruiser that was delivered to me in Sept 01 just turned 20k about a week ago.

My 67 Dodger Charger that I bought new in 67 has 48K orig on the clock.

Guess I don't get out enough.

alchevy

My '06 Chevy HHR has over 24,000 miles since 1 1/2 years.

My '81 Chevy Pickup has a little over 111,000 miles in 26 years.

My '40 Chevy Sedan has over 28,000 miles since July 2003.

Had the '81 the longest, but put 100,000 miles on several vehicles while owning it, so I guess I drove them more than the truck.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com