Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

I had a fantastic weekend.  :D   Got the engine and tranny installed into the T, and got two of the wheels painted.  Starting to really look like a car finally, and I'm getting stoked.

Don

donsrods

Pretty soon I wil pull the red wheels and put these on.

Don

48builder

Had a gola for the weekend of getting my steering column mounted permantly. Saturday was nice, so I bought some sandblast sand (some new brand called Black Magic, worked fantastic) and had a goal of finishing the two front fenders. Was trying to strip them with 36 grit discs, but some funky black primer just didn't want to come off. Started blasting and in two hours I finished the fenders, the inner fender panels, headlight rings, front bumper pan.

Then started on the steering. I ended up moving the brake booster to the left about an inch. Welded the factory mounting plate back to the column and welded some bolts from the front of the firewall facing back into the interior to bolt the plate to.

I had cut some of the floor out so that the brake pedal would travel all the way to its limit, so then I started in on replacing the floor. Got that all welded in too.

If this keeps up I may drive this car some day.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

Its Friday already :!:  What am I gonna do this weekend. :?: I gotta hit the bank after work and throw in the money from the coupe then I think ill work on a plan for the roadster tonite and gather up some more of them fancy disks in the 2 inch size tomorrow si i can get the frame finished for paint. I may get to kzoo for the sprint car races tomorrow but i need to work and get as much done on the roadster as i can this weekend. Once I get the frame in primer ill be on a roll. I still have to get the rearend housing and axle ready for paint too. I wonder if i have enuff time to get it ready for kzoo in sept :?: Maybe with the body not in paint. I may have to run to swanton and help get the bbq done too if Frank keeps slacking :lol:  :lol:
Dave

enjenjo

Well, I finished up the trans for the Buick today. It only took me a week. That's why I don't do them for a living  :lol: I have a 40 Plymouth truck coming in the morning, it needs a new chassis built. Back to the grindstone.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

dragrcr50

if it will not rain.......
I will go to thunder valley and run tomorrow night with agent orange........ if it rains ill stay home and paint the dash in the roadster pickup
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Rayvyn

Digging out tree roots and landscaping ground for an outdoor patio, and pouring cement for a sidewalk if this @#%$#$* Tropical Storm Barry ever leaves here. Another hurricane season has arrived. (yawn)
I did throw a donut to an alligator in the lake behind the house this morning. Bas%$#D doesn't like creme filled either; picky %&@#.
Big swap meet sunday. Hopefully canoes won't be needed. If I get rained out this weekend that'll give me time to do my next redneck tech project. Maybe I'll go look at at a couple of hot rods that are for sale locally. Stinkin' rain...Oh yeah...site security has informed me that Vance was spotted posting in the "Powder Room". Is the rest of the "team" aware of this... :?:  :(U)
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Carps

I have it on good authority Vance only went in there because he was told you were upsetting the ladies..... again.

Meanwhile i went shopping for a few bolts this morning (it's almost saturday night here) and as is usual with everything I need to finish a task, 'today'.  Not one bolt store had what I wanted so once again it's been ordered in.

Tomorrow is NNL Model car show in Ballarat, nice long drive but great show, even better swap meet.  I'll post some pics tomorrow night.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

donsrods

With this Tropical Depression we have here, it is too wet to do any painting outside the shop, so I am going to spend some time finding some misplaced tools and cleaning the place.

Today I got my rear slicks mounted and balanced, and put on the car.  I also got the axles aligned by triangulating them.  They are finally mounted and locktited in place.  

I think it's time to start finishing up the body work.  It will be nice to be doing fiberglass work rather than painting for a little while.  But at least the car is now a roller on the real wheels and tires.    

Don

Dave

Looks good don. I cant wait to get my roadster that far along but its gonna be a while . Sorry I forgot to add crash my harley to my weekend post :!: I got a lot done again yesterday but its gonna be on hold for a bit.
Dave :arrow:

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

Dave, it's one thing to have an exciting weekend, but you don't need to push it THAT far.   :shock:  :shock:

Word of advice.........don't take up skydiving.  :D

Don

Grandadeo

Quote from: "donsrods"Dave, it's one thing to have an exciting weekend, but you don't need to push it THAT far.   :shock:  :shock:

Don

Speaking of Skydiving, Has anybody talked to George (PurplePickup) lately?

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave

Quote from: "Grandadeo"
Quote from: "donsrods"Dave, it's one thing to have an exciting weekend, but you don't need to push it THAT far.   :shock:  :shock:

Don

Speaking of Skydiving, Has anybody talked to George (PurplePickup) lately?

Lee
Ive been gonna ask that very same question but ive been kinda busy selling and crashing things so i forgot.  :lol:  Oh ya .. Not me
Dave