Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

see ya there, bring hobbles for the sheep  :wink: :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Carps

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Hum :roll:  I've got about 300 dolls. I think if

hmmm indeed!  I guess this explains why you seem to get on so well with Mr Rayvyn.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Working on the lawn mower then going out on the harley and tomorrow were going to the usac sprint car races.. Im just gonna enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend.. The hell with working real hard  :lol:
Dave :wink:

sirstude

Gunna cut and buff a 62 Buick.  Then work on my son's basement.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I went out and started mowing the lawn, and the neighbor came over and said he would do it. I wonder why? :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"I went out and started mowing the lawn, and the neighbor came over and said he would do it. I wonder why? :twisted:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

tomslik

we kinda did the same, 2 peach trees and a cherry and some crap ya can't eat :roll: .
some day my orchard will produce... they've got 10yrs or the chainsaw.... :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat46

It's really warm here this weekend so I reset some fenceposts with cement and raked/cleaned the yard this morning. THEN I cleaned the shop up enough that i could back my '40 truck project out and take a few laps around the block. It hasn't been out since last Fall and there's never been plates on it,  it's still in the shakedown stage; I did find one problem with it...whenever  I start out from a dead stop there's this funny squealing sound that seems to be coming from the rear tires!!!  :shock:  I'll have to take it out some more and try to figure out what's wrong with it!  :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"It's really warm here this weekend so I reset some fenceposts with cement and raked/cleaned the yard this morning. THEN I cleaned the shop up enough that i could back my '40 truck project out and take a few laps around the block. It hasn't been out since last Fall and there's never been plates on it,  it's still in the shakedown stage; I did find one problem with it...whenever  I start out from a dead stop there's this funny squealing sound that seems to be coming from the rear tires!!!  :shock:  I'll have to take it out some more and try to figure out what's wrong with it!  :lol:

Just pour a quart of 10w40 on eah side tht will lube em up enuff that they wont squeek right away.. Someday ill tell ya the story bout the guy with the 57 hardtop while i was in high school and the oil and the cops..
Dave :arrow:

Carps

Quote from: "jusjunk"Im just gonna enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend.. The hell with working real hard
Sounded like a great plan, so I figured I'd do the same.

Only one snag, the weather turned to faeces, so I wernt inside and built a model car.
Carps

Carps

And the model car didn't turn out too bad.

Still got to wait for paint to cure enough for polishing, adding chrome foil & decals, but I'm half pleased with the result.

Don't usually build race cars, but for some reason this kit kinda grabbed me.  So, away i went and bought it, also got another similar one with a SOHC powered Falcon Coupe.  Of course the build is not quite box stock.  Changed front wheels made a few body mods and added some extra engine and interior detailing.

Paint is Smoothster yellow over grey primer.  Then Boyd's Orange Pearl with Aluma Coupe Yellow Pearl fogged along the lower edges and down the middle.  

Was annoyed to find white plastic tyres in the box but with a bit of work they turned out fine.  Sanded the treads with coarse paper and painted them flat black whilst the side-walls are semi-gloss.

The engine detail is pretty good although some of the parts are a bit tricky to deal with and there's a little flash that needs to be cleaned up on quite a few.  Worstwas the bumpers, which I sanded smooth and then foiled with ultra bright chrome.

The interior tub is pretty much bare bones and basic.  Took a bit of work to get rid of some moulding irregularities.  Scuffed it up up and painted with aluminium mataliser it looks almost real.

Carps

UGLY OLDS

Hey Carps...At the risk of getting hollered at AGAIN. :wink: ...I still think you do nice work.... :D  :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

rooster

Carps looks good!
Got to spray for weeds today and replace a belt on the Cub mower.

Dave

Very nice Carps... Our day was fun.. The usac sprints were really fast on the winchester 1/2 mile high banked pavement. First heat first lap  mark jessup rolled down the front straight  :cry:  They fixed the car he came back to win the semi and the main event that was crash filled on the last lap.. 7 hours total road time yesterday but worth it.. :lol: Got my sprint car fix  :D  :D
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"Very nice Carps... Our day was fun.. The usac sprints were really fast on the winchester 1/2 mile high banked pavement. Got my sprint car fix  :D  :D
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

You suck :P  :P  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****