Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"Oh well i guess thats why about the only thing i watch is daytona because its usually crummy weather and i cant go watch sprint cars unless i want to go to florida. And there are some really strange people in florida :?:  :?:
Dave

Yeah, they're all snowbirds from Michigan... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hearz how wee'uns do tha races here in sonny Floraduh... :idea:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Ya i got one bullet

Are you saving it for yourself or for the deer?

Dave's only successful hunting trip this year...
***SFC-Team Smart***

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Grandadeo

Well, I'm sprucing up the joint for my soon to arrive house guest.  Our very own Normspeed will be winging his way from SoCal tomorrow and staying with us for a week.  He's flying in for the Black Dog Garage Sixth Annual Rod-B-Q and we will take in any much of SoFla as he can stand.  I finally get to repay just a small portion of his hospitality, letting me bunk at his place all these years for the LA Roadster's Show.  I'll get to show him a few cruise nights, early bird specials, a swap meet, the shuffle board courts, and maybe some blue hairs on the beach.  Boy its gunna be a big time in little ol' Jensen's Beach next week.  Can't wait.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Well, I'm sprucing up the joint for my soon to arrive house guest.  Our very own Normspeed will be winging his way from SoCal tomorrow and staying with us for a week.  He's flying in for the Black Dog Garage Sixth Annual Rod-B-Q and we will take in any much of SoFla as he can stand.  I finally get to repay just a small portion of his hospitality, letting me bunk at his place all these years for the LA Roadster's Show.  I'll get to show him a few cruise nights, early bird specials, a swap meet, the shuffle board courts, and maybe some blue hairs on the beach.  Boy its gunna be a big time in little ol' Jensen's Beach next week.  Can't wait.

Lee

If there's anything going on next Sunday, clue me in. I might take a trip over to see ya's.
Did you make Webster? I had work up to my gills. A buddy of mine went saturday and said it was dismal because of the cold weather. I haven't been to the space coast for awhile. :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

Grandadeo

Bryan Said:
"If there's anything going on next Sunday, clue me in. I might take a trip over to see ya's.
Did you make Webster? I had work up to my gills. A buddy of mine went saturday and said it was dismal because of the cold weather. I haven't been to the space coast for awhile."

Bryan, nothing going on this Sunday that I know of.  Next Sunday, March 4th, I think is Webster again.  Might be good after Z-Hills this weekend.  And I believe my son said that the Bike Week Swap Meet will be going on in Deland and I think he wants me and Norm to go up there with him to look for old Triumph parts.  We'll see which one we go to.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

39deluxe

Well I just got home from Daytona yesterday. We went down last Wednesday. My wife had to work Wed and we couldn't get out of the driveway until the guy come to plow the snow. After she got home and my son arrived from Toledo we left about 7 pm and drove non stop except for gas, coffee and breakfast until we got to Don Garlits place. We finally made it to our hotel south of Daytona about 8 pm.  All 3 races were great but the temperature was very cool. It was still better than here in Ohio though. We also did a couple of hospitality deals and attended the winner's car induction on Monday. Then we headed up to NC to see a few race shops. I don't think my garage will ever look like DEI. You have to see that place to believe it.

So this weekend I get to catch up on everything I didn't do last week. I intend to clean up the shop so I can start on the exhaust for the truck.

Tom

Dave

Man a trip to DEI.. your my hero.. Some day i wanna do that.. How about comming up and cleaning my garage.. Its 20 minutes to 8 im waiting for sue to get ready and im gonna finish my coffee and ive got to go to the shed for my air tank as one tire needs air in the coupe and im going to get it.. I think ill pull my truck out of the garage and sweep the floor and it will be ready too. Looks like the rest of the winter is no garage for my truck and no work on the roadster till spring.. Oh well it will go qiuck when i get the good weather.. I havent decided on the harley yet but is still like to get it home today. At least near home. Like up the street to my sons house..Just dunno bout riding in this weather.. My throat is all dry and scratchy again today.
Dave :wink:  :?:  :?:

Ill report back later.........

Even got back in time to edit my post..  :!:  The coupe is home... :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

alchevy

I'm at work for the second Saturday in a row. But next weekend (March 3rd) begins the car show season for me and several of my friends. We'll be going down to Brookhaven, MS for the Ole Brook Cruisers fun run. Then later on that day, I'll head to Byram, MS to the cruise-in there. It is starting back after a few months off. Usually it goes year round on the first Saturday of the month, but this time they decided to stop it for Nov-Feb.

Then the weekend after that, March 10th, we'll be cruisin' up to tour George Poteet's place. On March 17th, I have to work again. March 24th is a car show to raise money for a boy scout troop over in Byram, MS. Then the following weekend is the 55-56-57 Chevy show in Vicksburg. The Bunny Run in Jackson, TN will follow a few weeks after that April 13-15.

Hopefully my website will be back online soon. Then I can upload the pictures again. I went over my 600mb limit and so I quickly deleted some older ones that were on there. Then I checked it the other day and now I have 12gb of space to use. My e-mail is on the same system so it is down also.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

In gonna change into my bibs and im going to get the harley... Daaaaam its cold out..
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"In gonna change into my bibs and im going to get the harley... Daaaaam its cold out..
Dave

Just watch the weather..It's changing fast over here...... :(  :(   supposed to be by you guys tonight......... :roll:  :roll:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

39deluxe

We are supposed to get less than an inch then it's supposed to rain tomorrow.  It looks like crap for all of this week.

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "jusjunk"In gonna change into my bibs and im going to get the harley... Daaaaam its cold out..
Dave

Just watch the weather..It's changing fast over here...... :(  :(   supposed to be by you guys tonight......... :roll:  :roll:

Ive been home for almost an hour  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Daaaaaaaaaaam that was cold but it was fun too. I was impressed I put the battery in the glide and put every thing back together turned on the ignition and it started better than the coupe  :!:  With the fuel injection it didnt even care... Come on summer....
Dave :wink:

Dave

Heres what i was doing before i went to get the scooter..New decals on the tank for detroit! Ya baby lets party............Im playing puker now cause it was so cold my testicals (spelling) are froze.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink: