Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Fuzzy,

Yes that does help the process. I did trim them back a little though and then extended them to reach the new backside. Things don't quite stack up the same.

My '55 nomad was missing a foot or so of every brace and back when I started that car, a lifetime ago, the pieces were available but it was crazy money so I made everything but the one full width brace that resides just in front of the rear wheels. A Christmas surprise from Sharon.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Carps

Super nice work there Charlie.

Aside from a little striping, I did buggerall hot rodding stuff this weekend.

Today I even went to the Ferrari club Concours D'Elegance instead of the hot rod swap meet.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Charlie Chops 1940

Carps,

Given that as the choices of the day I'd have been your sidekick for the day. Anything nice in the way of GTO's?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

moose

Carps

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Carps,

Given that as the choices of the day I'd have been your sidekick for the day. Anything nice in the way of GTO's?

One 250GTO (I think the only one in Aus)
A pair of those really neat late model GTOs based on the 308GTB.
Also a pair of F40s and an Enzo.
A handfull of old open wheelers, more Daytonas than I knew existed including a convertible, a bazillion 308GTBs, even more Dinos.

However, my favourite on the day was the brand new front engined V12 coupe.....sex on wheels!
Carps

river1

Quote from: "Carps"However, my favourite on the day was the brand new front engined V12 coupe.....sex on wheels!

like this

AHHHHHH!!!

MORE SEX ON WHEELS

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Well we were ready to head to winchester for the Rich Vogler memorial race today but it was raining there :x  After they said  it was gonna rain here 5 days ago it hasnt yet.. So everyone went back home cause we called the 4 hour drive as it was iffy weather and I worked on the roadster and did the interior of my truck then took the big Girl ... My 60 pound mutt for a hot rod ride and she loved it  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Got the bike already to ride in tomorrow  and the roadster is all gassed up just because and its still not raining here  :!:
Sue took grandma shopping and were gonna grill out when she gets home.. The roadster used some oil yesterday but it still seems to run pretty good.. I may just toss the 5w30 and go straight 30w and be done with it. Oh ya I have a trade offer from a guy in texas for a sweet 55 post. Its a long distance deal so we shall see.. Im still bummin fro not being able to go racing today..
Dave   :wink:  :arrow:

Carps

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Carps"However, my favourite on the day was the brand new front engined V12 coupe.....sex on wheels!

like this

Dat's da wun James!  However it had the big wheel and huge carbon brake package.  Yeahbabay!
Carps

GPster

I had good intentions. I was going to roll the Jeepster out and see if the rear wheels were centered in the fenders. Then I could nail the body in position. I was going to take a picture for everyone too. BUT I had to get it down closer to ride height. Took the rear leaves down to the main leaf and the helper still not enough. It is now sitting on just the main leaf and 1 1/2" of wood lowering blocks and it measures low enough so almost picture time. Then I remembered, I did the poor man's rust removal on the body. I removed 7" of the body (vertically) from behind the rear fenders to remove some bustle. That means the convertable roof ribs stop too far back That and rust removal on the winshield posts are going to leave me with a 2" chopped roof. Trying to move the top bow 7" forward and 2" down was to be this weekend project. So was transportin granddaughter from and to, and planting flowers so there are no pictures. Next week maybe I'll be caught up on this week. GPster

river1

Quote from: "GPster"Next week maybe I'll be caught up on this week. GPster

joe that's the story of my life :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carps

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "GPster"Next week maybe I'll be caught up on this week. GPster

joe that's the story of my life :lol:  :lol:

later jim

Hmmm, that story seems vaguely familliar hera too.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Carps

Weekend started early here.

Pulled the rear springs out of '33, never liked that the wheels sit about an inch too far back in the fenders.  Didn't look to bad with the big mags and BFGs but with the tall skinnyish wide whites it looks bad.

Whilst I wait for the new springs to be made I've been drawing lines on a couple of cabinet doors.  I have lots of plain cabinet doors and when I'm done fixing mine I know lots of other people with plain cabinet doors.  :twisted:

This is the beginnings of the second door.

Also picked up some parts at a local swapmeet to help me get started on that old coupe body I dragged home.

The NOS door is mint and was bargain priced.  The other door is missing a hinge and has a few layers of paint on it but it looks solid.  The fender is buggered and may not be savable but it was free with the running boards which are pretty solid, just require cleanup and new rubber.  The bootlid looks worse than it is, only has a few small rust-holes and should be easy to repair.

Carps

phat rat

I'm starting a long week-end here. I'm leaving in a few minutes for the swap at Jefferson. I leave there Sun morning and head west. I have a 25 T roadster to pick up in Iowa and a 52 Ford COE in S.D. both are bodies only. Then it's junkyarding until ?????.  I'll try to stop in and keep track of what's going on here.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Its friday I have no plans for the weekend.. Been busy all week and im burned out.. Got 4 days of riding the harley to work and was good to drive the car today.. Gotta get back into riding form  :lol: I think ill look at the roadster shock remounting deal this weekend but thats about it... Ill clean uop the scooter again too. jack have fun on the trip
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Grandadeo

Quote from: "phat rat"I'm starting a long week-end here. I'm leaving in a few minutes for the swap at Jefferson. I leave there Sun morning and head west. I have a 25 T roadster to pick up in Iowa and a 52 Ford COE in S.D. both are bodies only. Then it's junkyarding until ?????.  I'll try to stop in and keep track of what's going on here.

If you happen to come acrossed a '32-'34 Ford Truck driver's door keep me in mind.  A buddy down here has a beautiful cab that is missing the driver's door.  Seems that a lot of the farm trucks up in the Dakotas, where it came from, had the driver's side doors removed for easier access.  If we only knew where that barn was with all the mint doors hanging in the rafters.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50