Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "Grandadeo"If you happen to come acrossed a '32-'34 Ford Truck driver's door keep me in mind.  Lee
Carps seems to be having good luck for finding doors. GPster

Carps

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "Grandadeo"If you happen to come acrossed a '32-'34 Ford Truck driver's door keep me in mind.  Lee
Carps seems to be having good luck for finding doors. GPster
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

chimp koose

I will be trying to install my new front fenders this weekend. If that is a success then I can figure how much spring to cut to get ride height looking right.

GPster

Well here is my namesake (or the other way around). The windshield frame is chopped. The top mechanism is dropped and slid foreward. I had to roll it out of the garage to see if the wheels were centered in the fenders. They aren't. I've got to get the body where it belongs so I'll know where to put the engine. See, I do have a project. GPster

Dave

yes a project it is Joe.. Looks good .
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Carps

Went shopping today and picked up a brand new repro steel front fender for the '34.  So now no need to even attempt to resurrect the damaged rusty one.  Unfortunately I didn't have enough cash to buy the rears.

However, I found a grungy old one in a mates junk pile .  Then answered an ad in the paper from a guy who had this fibreglass '34 rear fender and tank cover.  Turns out he's been searching for years for an original steel one and finally found it.  So now his car has 4 steel fenders.  I can live with with a few 'plastic' parts to get it on the road, heck, nobody will know once the car is all together anyhow.

Had the swap meet chassis sandblasted and primered, so now it's down to work.  Still need a few body parts but there's time for tracking them down while I build the chassis.

Carps

Fuzzy

Carps,you're detail work is amazing,and really looks authentic.Do you make you're own accessories in the diorama?

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

dragrcr50

well I installed  my new winch and remote and a battery and wired the lights in my enclosed race car trailer, and cleaned out some junk out of the back shop ... tomorrow is mow day for the acerage...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Bugpac

Took my car out today for a little testing, rear suspension isnt setup right, or it wasnt earlier, frame was hitting the ground and causing my sore back tonight, shredded the belt at the end....

http://www.downhomeracing.com/videos/Bugs_test_one_lap.wmv
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat rat

Well I'm in Mitchell S.D. tonight. I have a bit of a load already. 25 T touring frt half, complete 52 Ford COE body and a 48-5? Ford pick-up, cab complete right down to the ignition key w/hood and running boards. No fenders with this as it was an F-6. I left Jefferson last night as it was a real mess. Some of the swap spaces were probably under 6" of water and it raided more after I left. I'm going to do some touristy stuff this trip. The Corn Palace in Mitchell tomorrow, fur traders museum in Chadron Neb Mon. then I'll make my way up to Custer's Last Stand. Of course along the way I'll be junkyarding and contacting some private sellers that I gleaned off CraigsList. I almost forgot, they had 14" of snow here in the last couple of days. Weird seeing snow drifts, of course I heard they got it bad in Min also.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bugpac

Quote from: "phat rat"Well I'm in Mitchell S.D. tonight. I have a bit of a load already. 25 T touring frt half, complete 52 Ford COE body and a 48-5? Ford pick-up, cab complete right down to the ignition key w/hood and running boards. No fenders with this as it was an F-6. I left Jefferson last night as it was a real mess. Some of the swap spaces were probably under 6" of water and it raided more after I left. I'm going to do some touristy stuff this trip. The Corn Palace in Mitchell tomorrow, fur traders museum in Chadron Neb Mon. then I'll make my way up to Custer's Last Stand. Of course along the way I'll be junkyarding and contacting some private sellers that I gleaned off CraigsList.

you in a semi truck, sounds like your pretty loaded already... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat rat

Quote from: "Bugpac"
Quote from: "phat rat"Well I'm in Mitchell S.D. tonight. I have a bit of a load already. 25 T touring frt half, complete 52 Ford COE body and a 48-5? Ford pick-up, cab complete right down to the ignition key w/hood and running boards. No fenders with this as it was an F-6. I left Jefferson last night as it was a real mess. Some of the swap spaces were probably under 6" of water and it raided more after I left. I'm going to do some touristy stuff this trip. The Corn Palace in Mitchell tomorrow, fur traders museum in Chadron Neb Mon. then I'll make my way up to Custer's Last Stand. Of course along the way I'll be junkyarding and contacting some private sellers that I gleaned off CraigsList.

you in a semi truck, sounds like your pretty loaded already... :D

Nope just my car trailer. I still have a little room left. Not enough for a complete car, but I could get a couple of truck cabs or something like an A ot T body on the trailer

Grandadeo

Quote from: "phat rat"Of course along the way I'll be junkyarding and contacting some private sellers that I gleaned off CraigsList.

Please keep an eye open for a '32-'34 Ford truck driver's door.  Thanks.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

phat rat

Quote from: "Grandadeo"
Quote from: "phat rat"Of course along the way I'll be junkyarding and contacting some private sellers that I gleaned off CraigsList.

Please keep an eye open for a '32-'34 Ford truck driver's door.  Thanks.

Lee

I already had an order for those, well really whatever side. So all I need to do is find multiple sets

Carps

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Carps,you're detail work is amazing,and really looks authentic.Do you make you're own accessories in the diorama?

Thanx Fuzz.

Many of the old kits, especially the AMT 3 in 1 and Trohy series had all maner of neat stuff in them, including small tools and garage equipment.  The gas bottle are an example.  The jack stands are metal from GMP as is the floor jack.  The cans come from a couple of garage diorama kits.  The workbench is scratchbuilt from plastic and metal.  The pallet under the auto trans is made from match and popsicle sticks.  There's a couple of wooden boxes made from thin balsa wood and aged.  The wall shelf and brackets are fqabricated from plastic and wood veneer.
Carps