Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

It's Friday night, almost Saturday.  

I think maybe I should forget the cars and concentrate on fine tuning my humour.   :wink:

The grass is already three feet tall, another weekend aint gunna hurt.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

sirstude

I am going to be dodging the big snowstorm that hey are predicting.  These spring storm are usually nasty but not too long lasting. The forecast for this one is through early next week, we'll see.

Got to clean the garage for the tour, and put up my son's ceiling.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

QuoteFrank, don't you just love those jobs that start out like they'll be just a quick fix and then they turn into a major cluster ****.

George, this leak has been there since I bough the van, it just kept getting worse. I kept putting it off, because  I expected problems. so when I started top fix it, I did so expecting the worst. I wasn't disappointed.

After that leak was fixed, I could hear the leaks at the Cat, so I fixed them too. Josh doesn't like it now, too quiet :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Carps - the next owner can just put the old girl out to pasture - LOL - but I need to get  at least another 10-20 years out of her.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

reborn55

this weekend will clean up the convertible from last weekend trip to the Bunny Run.  Met Al and his camera shy lady friend.  Very nice lady--lucky guy.  Have to figure out the mish mosh of parts used to build my rear suspension and repair the shock mount for now and install new shocks.
Think it is geting about time to sell and start the process all over again.
In between doing that and servicing a friends Honda, I have got to play in first softball tournament of the year, plant Zoysia grass, clean the gutters, dodge raindrops and enjoy the weekend.  Oh well.  Maybe the earthquakes will subside.

Carps

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Carps - the next owner can just put the old girl out to pasture - LOL - but I need to get  at least another 10-20 years out of her.

Charlie

Hmmm, maybe me and Mrs Carps need to talk.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "reborn55"Think it is geting about time to ...... servicing a friends Honda,
Just tell him to sell it, I know where he can get a really nice Chevy.   :wink:

QuoteI have got to play in first softball tournament of the year,
Don't do it, you could get injured playing sport dontchaknow?

Quote... plant Zoysia grass,
Don't do it!  It'll only grow and require maintenance which means less time for servicing your friend's new Chevy.  Besides with that sports injury you may not be able to mow it.

Quoteclean the gutters, dodge raindrops
See above....

Quoteand enjoy the weekend.
Now THAT sounds like a plan!
Carps

reborn55

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "reborn55"Think it is geting about time to ...... servicing a friends Honda,
Just tell him to sell it, I know where he can get a really nice Chevy.   :wink:

QuoteI have got to play in first softball tournament of the year,
Don't do it, you could get injured playing sport dontchaknow?

Quote... plant Zoysia grass,
Don't do it!  It'll only grow and require maintenance which means less time for servicing your friend's new Chevy.  Besides with that sports injury you may not be able to mow it.

Quoteclean the gutters, dodge raindrops
See above....

Quoteand enjoy the weekend.
Now THAT sounds like a plan!

Good plan, just need to implement it. :D ---only problem is by the time I do all the things you have in mind the weekend will be gone. :lol:  Maybe I will wait til next weekend

Carps

Quote from: "reborn55"Maybe I will wait til next weekend

Now that sounds to me like the grandest plan of all!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

phat rat

Well I'm busy tomorrow. I'm helping tear down a 20 X 2? garage. I get to keep whatever I want in the way of lumber, 2x4, 2x6, roof boards, steel entrence door, etc. I've been planning on an addition in the way of a 8 X 12-16 leanto on the back of my shop for more storage. With all the stuff I'll get here I'm now thinking bigger. Of course as usual it'll be to small as soon, well really before, it's done. Then of course I have to get it all unloaded off my car trailer as I'm leaving next Fri on my parts hunting trip.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Here's a few progress shots on the '40 repairs.

It's coming back together. One benefit of doing the repairs is that I was able to get the doors to line up at the upper body line. Had to push th upper front door jambe forward almost 1/8".

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

kb426

TEAM SMART

Dave

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks guys.

Really got slowed down this week with some sick days. Finally went to the ER this morning and they found I had a very well developed bladder infection. Go figure. Thanks to the wonderful world of drugs I should back at things in a day or two.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Fuzzy

Looks good,Charlie.At least you had the original floor supts to work with.The ends of mine where they attach to the inner rocker were pretty much gone.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!