Question for the new guys..

Started by Dave, December 19, 2006, 05:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Your doing a fine job introducing your selves but how bout a little more :?:  How did you find the board why did you sign on  :?:  Ya im curious (or nosey if you want) And if its none of my or our business thats cool too.  Me ive been here since fatcat and enjenjo started the place under thier command but i think I was about #2 or#3 on the origonal board way back when. I was also early in the game on the hamb board but i didnt hit  that again  until about a year or so ago. Got a little more time on my hands now and the cable makes surfing a lot easier also. Thats my story and im sticking to it.
Dave );b(  :b-d:  :-}

I really should be working on the new roadster but .....

EMSjunkie

yea, you are being kinda nosey :lol:

but thats one of the qualities we love about you  :shock:

I found this place while surfing for english wheel stuff.
looked like my kinda place, ain't y'all sorry now :!:  :!:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"yea, you are being kinda nosey :lol:

but thats one of the qualities we love about you  :shock:

I found this place while surfing for english wheel stuff.
looked like my kinda place, ain't y'all sorry now :!:  :!:

Vance

Ok your not new and I didnt even know you were english I thought you were a redneck :?:
Dave
Thanks  for the info tho :!:  :arrow:  :wink:

B.C.

I found this board through the web ring. I have been building cars for a long time. It's all I have ever done and I'm getting to be an old guy so thats quite a while. I have been focused on T buckets the last few years and I am trying to break out and start doing some other things again.
We hosted the T-Bucket Nationals in Mountain Home Ar the past 2 years and are hosting a T only event in Mountain Home AR again this next July.

www.cardvds.com/2006trailer.wmv

www.bucketheadbash.com

I'm realy looking forward to hanging out here and seeing what other people are doing and thinking.

Dave

Quote from: "B.C."I found this board through the web ring. I have been building cars for a long time. It's all I have ever done and I'm getting to be an old guy so thats quite a while. I have been focused on T buckets the last few years and I am trying to break out and start doing some other things again.
We hosted the T-Bucket Nationals in Mountain Home Ar the past 2 years and are hosting a T only event in Mountain Home AR again this next July.

www.cardvds.com/2006trailer.wmv

www.bucketheadbash.com

I'm realy looking forward to hanging out here and seeing what other people are doing and thinking.

Cool thats the kind of info i was looking for. As far as what the other people are doing and thinking I dont know if bryan and vance even can think but then again they are really nice :wink:
Follow along ........ We have a lot of fun........ Feel free to jump in any time,,,,,,,,,,, we can take it
Dave

HOTROD47

I found this place through the HAMB.  I have already noticed a few others that also spend time over there.

The other day on the hamb I started a thread asking some of the guys what other web sites they visit regularly(my way of being nosey too). This place was one of them. I enjoy all kinds of hot rods, not just the traditional kind that the hamb preaches. So this place seems like a kool place to hang out as well.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

phat rat

Quote from: "HOTROD47"I found this place through the HAMB.  I have already noticed a few others that also spend time over there.

The other day on the hamb I started a thread asking some of the guys what other web sites they visit regularly(my way of being nosey too). This place was one of them. I enjoy all kinds of hot rods, not just the traditional kind that the hamb preaches. So this place seems like a kool place to hang out as well.

This is the guy I thought CARNUT was, as that's his handle over on the other board
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HOTROD47

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "HOTROD47"I found this place through the HAMB.  I have already noticed a few others that also spend time over there.

This is the guy I thought CARNUT was, as that's his handle over on the other board

You are correct, on the hamb I go by car-nut. You may not remember but you and I met in Burlington a few years ago. We were parked next to each other in front on the exhibit building. I LOVE the chop on your car so much that after that weekend I really considered chopping my car. My wife stopped me dead in my tracks though. One of her favorite things about my car is that it retains all of it's original trim and hasn't been cut up. She let's me get away with an aweful lot so I didn't push her to hard on the chop.  [/u]
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"
As far as what the other people are doing and thinking I dont know if bryan and vance even can think but then again they are really nice :wink:

Dave

Hey Vance, he's starting to feel a little frisky lately. Time to crank it up a notch... :!:  :!:  8)

Hey Daveysan, you've been on the board that long? I was one of the original 10 back in late `93/early`94 when Cary started it up :D . If I had known that, I would've started on you years ago... :!:  :!:

Unlike that newbie wool hugger in Armadillo who still shows freshly cut grass and early morning dew under his skirts... :!:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Quote from: "HOTROD47"
Quote from: "phat rat"

You are correct, on the hamb I go by car-nut. You may not remember but you and I met in Burlington a few years ago. We were parked next to each other in front on the exhibit building. I LOVE the chop on your car so much that after that weekend I really considered chopping my car. My wife stopped me dead in my tracks though. One of her favorite things about my car is that it retains all of it's original trim and hasn't been cut up. She let's me get away with an aweful lot so I didn't push her to hard on the chop.  [/u]

Sure I remember you and it was in 04. It would be hard to forget the graphics on your car. You were on my left and on the right side of me at the show was a friend of yours? driving a black custom Cad and you recieved a pick although I don't remember for what

HOTROD47

Sure I remember you and it was in 04. It would be hard to forget the graphics on your car. You were on my left and on the right side of me at the show was a friend of yours? driving a black custom Cad and you recieved a pick although I don't remember for what[/quote]

WOW!!  Great memory. My buddy just sold that car. And I think that was the year I recieved a Rep/safety pick. I think that was the year? The year before I was given a PPG Best Use of Color pick. As a painter that meant alot.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

phat rat

Quote from: "HOTROD47"Sure I remember you and it was in 04. It would be hard to forget the graphics on your car. You were on my left and on the right side of me at the show was a friend of yours? driving a black custom Cad and you recieved a pick although I don't remember for what

WOW!!  Great memory. My buddy just sold that car. And I think that was the year I recieved a Rep/safety pick. I think that was the year? The year before I was given a PPG Best Use of Color pick. As a painter that meant alot.[/quote]  

Well my wife and a few others would disagree about my memory being great.  :oops: My wife says it works overtime on car stuff but not on other things.  :lol: But I can tell you I put 4,000 mi on the car that trip out there and ended up going to PEI and Nova Scotia before I came home.

oldmanolds

Me,I had a guy from one of the other sites drop me a PM with the site address.Looks like a great site.Dave
GETTING OLD SUCKS..BUT IT SURE BEATS THE ATERNATIVE.     www.stophd.org

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"
As far as what the other people are doing and thinking I dont know if bryan and vance even can think but then again they are really nice :wink:

Dave

Hey Vance, he's starting to feel a little frisky lately. Time to crank it up a notch... :!:  :!:  8)

Hey Daveysan, you've been on the board that long? I was one of the original 10 back in late `93/early`94 when Cary started it up :D . If I had known that, I would've started on you years ago... :!:  :!:

Unlike that newbie wool hugger in Armadillo who still shows freshly cut grass and early morning dew under his skirts... :!:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I have noticed he's been a little more cocky than usual. must finally be feel his oats after the "attack". :roll:

he's prolly sittin' in his big 'ole recliner, adult beverage in one hand, bottle of deer urine in the other, dreamin' about that trophy buck.........just hope he remembers which hand he's drinkin' with :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

As I recall....Dave drinks Gin.....Probably can't notice the difference  :shock:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"