Question for the new guys..

Started by Dave, December 19, 2006, 05:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

I had no clue as to the RRT until meeting up with all you guys at sumners for the forced march and the bonneville trip with hooley.  I got a face to face intro with the whole lot of you guys and felt very comfortable with your views right off, guys like rivers gave me a ride to salt lake etc... glad to be here as hooley would say ...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

papastoyss

I was lurking on the hamb &reading a thread about those who no longer posted & Denise said someone was onRRT & gave the address. THANKS HONEY!!!!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

phat rat

Quote from: "40"As I recall....Dave drinks Gin.....Probably can't notice the difference  :shock:

you mean deer urine also tastes like pine pitch
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "papastoyss"I was lurking on the hamb &reading a thread about those who no longer posted & Denise said someone was onRRT & gave the address. THANKS HONEY!!!!!

My pleasure sweetie!  Please extend a Merry Christmas wish to your wife and family and if you see Mike during the holidays give him a big 'ol sloppy kiss and hug from me. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

papastoyss

How about I just tell him & let you kiss his ugly mug!!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "40"As I recall....Dave drinks Gin.....Probably can't notice the difference  :shock:

Boy you guys are harsh :!:  :wink:
I still love ya though...
Dave

RHopper

I lurked for so long I don't know how I got here, probably the hamb or the FTE site.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "phat rat"

Boy you guys are harsh :!:  :wink:
I still love ya though...
Dave

But we thought you liked it ruff :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Carps

Hmmm, interesting thread.  I often think that the old codgers should occaisionally update the newbies with a bit of info on who they are and where they are coming from.

I'm a life long car nut and can't see that changing any time in the future.  I think I was also one of the originals on Corey's old board, but it was that long ago I can't remember, although the young lass who lives here with me assures me it was so.  But that's a whole other story.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So for the newbies, I do cars too, but live about as far south as any one can live on this planet provided you don't count the Tasmanians, we don't so I guess it's OK if you don't  or if yu do you gotta count em all twice.  OOPS!  Local joke, the other Aussies will understand, maybe even explain it.   :lol:  :lol:

I used to be here a lot, but lately I've been a bit busy where I work, we build cars, but in order to avoid WW3 I'll leave it at that.  

I've also had the good fortune to meet many RRTers on my previously regular. lately not regular enough, visits to the US of A.   And it's also been my pleasure to host a few or their relatives, when they've been lucky enough to come downunder.   I even have the old license plates from some of the member's cars screwed to my garage walls plus a few other cherished goodies traded or donated because that's what we do.  But best of all I have some great memories of the freindships and other shenanigans that have gone on here over the years.  And if I do forget, I only have to look in the direction of that that 'young lady' who lives here to be reminded that this place is all about great people having a good time helping each other live the good life, regardless of wealth, sex, religion or politics because the cars are the glue that bind us together.

Good to see that even after all these years that still holds true.

Oh yeah, I still ahve nightmares thanks to Enjenjo mowing his grass nekkid and the thought of Choco and Enjenjo together in the same place is just not something anyone wants to contemplate.   :shock:

OK, enogh for now, even tho I don't spend enough time here, right now I gotta go out to the shed an polish my glass (one day I may even install it in the car)   :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

phat rat

still have that young babe with you huh  :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"still have that young babe with you huh  :wink:

He has her fooled, she thinks he has money :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Quote from: "phat rat"still have that young babe with you huh  :wink:

Yup, she makes me smile every time I look at her.   :wink:

Of curse then she reminds me of The Rayvynn and I start to cry.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

barnsey

I think I found my way here after ozrodders went down one time, and a member of ozrodders emailed me the link, gee Carps you didn't look 73 last time i saw you, say hello to Dolly for me. I too come from Australia on the central coast of n.s.w  or new south wales, I still drop by here quite often to read through old and new posts and find this site to be a wealth of information, I don't post a lot here but i enjoy reading though all the old and new posts and particually anything to do with paint and prep and general body mods, im a floorsander polisher by trade, but that doesn't stop me from having a go at panal and paint or anything else on my car that needs doing and when i need to fix something then its usually places like this that i come to learn, this site has always been very informative with lots of tips and ideas.
cheers barnsey

DJ

I was refered by btrc, not able to sign on often, but seem to learn something every time I do DRJ

TJ's Dad

Actually i forget how i found the site , but it remains one of my favorites ... being an untravelled aussie i have learnt more of the US culture and way of life from this forum than any other means .

The thread Denise posted on her trip simply was the best.

I began playing with cars in 1969 and as i write this have a stable of 4 plus a Woody Caravan (trailer) and a couple of restored tractors.

We aussies are truly enbebted to this forum for giving us a home when we were down n out , a gesture we will not forget.

ozrodders.com was suffering a mystery illness yesterday and the aussie section here immediately came to life.

In the ozrodders forum i'm known by my name ( Mike) so if you drop by thats me !
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.