Question for the new guys..

Started by Dave, December 19, 2006, 05:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "phat rat"still have that young babe with you huh  :wink:

Yup, she makes me smile every time I look at her.   :wink:

Of curse then she reminds me of The Rayvynn and I start to cry.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Choco was right...you have too much free time on your hands...Go to your room. No models, no car mags, no internet, and no SRV.  :)S(

Is the little hussy comin' stateside with ya'... :?:

Her brother is gettin' pretty big, and she hasn't seen him in about 8 or 9 years now... :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Go to your room. And no SRV.

Hey Carpsipoo, look what momma picked up fer me for the holidays. It's about 3' x 4', and hand drawn. Got it all framed and hung. Looks good in the office; I might build a shrine... );b(  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

1oilburner

I found this place a little while back when I checked in on the SRS board (it's dead now, slow) and caught a post of someone asking were everyone was. Someone replied and said they had mostly come over here, so here I came too. There's way more going on here, I just don't have much to talk about usualy unless there's something going on about metal shaping and cutting stuff up. But I lurk every couple nights or so just to see what's up new. Great site. Mark.
Hurry up and make the first cut already!!! midnightoilworks.com

Dirty Harry

I found the forum last week when OzRodders got ill and was very pleasantly surprised by the site. I will definitely be visiting regularly.

I've been around cars for as long as I can recall, my first car having been a 37 DeLuxe Fordoor which originally belonged to the Singer Sewing Machine Company and was in the company colours. Pity it didn't run as good as their product, the steering box fell off the chassis within a mile of the used car dealership I bought it from :shock: made for an interesting moment or two.

There followed many years of buy/modify/sell (usually at a large loss) of more cars than I can remember, a few years back I saw the light and cut back to two a year, and now am managing on one every two years. (Maybe there's a need for Rodaholics Anonymous there!) I'm reliably informed that my current project (26 Chrysler Touring) is my last. If that's the case it will need to be my best. 8)

My wife and I are in the process of buying a house in a town close to where we now live. The 'Tree Change' lifestyle hasn't worked out to be as enjoyable as we had hoped. Keeping up with all the chores necessary for the wellbeing of a small herd of Alpacas, as well as working shift work to pay for the lifestyle, is starting to take its toll.

Currently I work at a plant which manufactures wiring harnesses for trucks, cars, boats, aircraft, medical applications and industrial customers.

I enjoy playing golf when I get time to get to a golf course - not often nowadays.

Happy New Year to all on both sides of the planet.

41trokita

I followed a link to this site. I am building an English Wheel and ended up here. Name's Dave and I have been building for many years. I am now building a 1941 Chev. P/U. I will post some pictures as I make progress.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "41trokita"I followed a link to this site. I am building an English Wheel and ended up here. Name's Dave and I have been building for many years. I am now building a 1941 Chev. P/U. I will post some pictures as I make progress.

Welcome aboard....... post some photos when you can.

IF posting a photo here gives you trouble  , just ask us
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

T42

I was on the corvette forum and someone posted info about a new search engine that was really cool.  I put in a search for hot rod and this site was amongst the group.  I had seen the others but this one was new to me so I checked it out..I imeadiatly recognized Donsrods and his most FAMOUS  T build, and knew I must join this site ASAP!!!  (Plus you have better smilies than the other sites!  :lol: )

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "T42"I was on the corvette forum and someone posted info about a new search engine that was really cool.  I put in a search for hot rod and this site was amongst the group.  I had seen the others but this one was new to me so I checked it out..I imeadiatly recognized Donsrods and his most FAMOUS  T build, and knew I must join this site ASAP!!!  (Plus you have better smilies than the other sites!  :lol: )

a new search engine?

:T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

39deluxe

I found the link on the HAMB also. I have lurked here off and on for a while. In fact, I thought that I had registered a long time ago but when I tried to post I couldn't. So I registered again. or maybe for the first time. Who knows at my age.

Tom

T42

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "T42"I was on the corvette forum and someone posted info about a new search engine that was really cool.  I put in a search for hot rod and this site was amongst the group.  I had seen the others but this one was new to me so I checked it out..I imeadiatly recognized Donsrods and his most FAMOUS  T build, and knew I must join this site ASAP!!!  (Plus you have better smilies than the other sites!  :lol: )

a new search engine?

:T)

Yes, I had included the web site in my original posts but the mods must have removed it.  Im sure they had a good reason so I wont post it again.

T42

After reading this thread, I've found another reason I like this site,  all the members from "down under".  The only place in the world I have any desire to visit (outside the good ol USA that is) is Australia and New Zealand!  Ive gotta get down there before Im too old to enjoy it!!  Hopefully I can learn some about your cultures on this site, as you have ours! );b(

compact

you can blame oz  rodders for me being here..it crashed last week...this forum has some familiar faces .......

me i have a coupla compacts( 63 fairlanes 4 drs) a recently aquired 46 vauxhall which will get some attention soon

i will find my way around the site and post some dribble at times :lol:

TJ's Dad

Quote from: "T42"After reading this thread, I've found another reason I like this site,  all the members from "down under".  The only place in the world I have any desire to visit (outside the good ol USA that is) is Australia and New Zealand!  Ive gotta get down there before Im too old to enjoy it!!  Hopefully I can learn some about your cultures on this site, as you have ours! );b(

When you decide to visit let us know ....... we are well known for our hospitality ...... I'm sure we can arrange some fun times !!  :wink:
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

39deluxe

I spent some time in Australia in 1969. and I'd like to go back. It's also the only place outside of the USA that I could get my wife to go.

One other thing about this site. Have you noticed how most of the member's ages fall into the late 50s to early 60s?  Interesting.

Tom

Dave

Quote from: "39deluxe"I spent some time in Australia in 1969. and I'd like to go back. It's also the only place outside of the USA that I could get my wife to go.

One other thing about this site. Have you noticed how most of the member's ages fall into the late 50s to early 60s?  Interesting.

Tom

Easy now .. I was lucky enuff to make 55 in sept... 9/11  to be exact so please thats mid 50's sir :wink:
Dave :!:  :idea: