OK ENUFF

Started by Dave, November 29, 2006, 06:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Y'all are making me feel bad, all I do is sweat over a hot keyboard all day and photoshop pics.

Grandadeo

Got the word yesterday that next week will be it at the ol' nuke plant, then its back to retirement.  In spite of the lengthy honey do list, I plan on getting back on my '48 panel.  Its been sitting for the better part of a year since I had to snatch it out of the body shop it was in as they were closing the doors for good.  It was about a week from paint too.  Picked up a new steering column at Daytona and also found another Merc grill there that is pretty nice.  I now have 3 of them so should be able to put one perfect grille together and have a decent backup.  So my list includes final mounting of the body to frame, new brake and gas lines.  Go through the suspension and brakes again.  Redo the motor mounts and mount the Toyota power steering box and get the steering working.  New pitman arm is on the way from No Limit - Thanks Frank.  With any luck it should be able to drive into a new body shop (that I haven't found yet)  for paint by early summer then to the upholstery shop.  The plan is that the panel will be our cross country, camper towing. see the USA ride. Will have to leave the roadster home for our kids to use.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Charlie Chops 1940

Carps old pal, some day yer gonna run out of steam...

Nice models, great pics.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Normspeed

Quote from: "Grandadeo"With any luck it should be able to drive into a new body shop (that I haven't found yet)  for paint by early summer then to the upholstery shop.  The plan is that the panel will be our cross country, camper towing. see the USA ride. Will have to leave the roadster home for our kids to use.
Lee

Lee, buy me a plane ticket to Fla and I'll paint that panel for you, free.   You don't mind some brush marks, right?

Carps

Quote from: "Carnut"Y'all are making me feel bad, all I do is sweat over a hot keyboard all day and photoshop pics.

Could be worse, you could go to a rod run as advertised in the daily newspaper only to find this.....

It would have been more fun if the advertised date was correct and everybody else turned up.  So much for accuracy of newspaper advertising, but it was a nice run out into the country and back.  

I Felt sorry for the club member who had to be there all day to tell folks  the paper got it wrong and the Hot Rod show is tomorrow.  

There's a old farts drag racer's reunion I need to attend tomorrow so looks like I'm going to miss out, maybe I should have asked for my goody bag anyhow.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Here's a pic from a couple of weekends ago when everybody did arrive on the right day.

A few years ago that Chevy was a stock four door sedan, now it's a cool hard top convertible.  Yup, owner builder Michael Morris cut the roof off and made a new removable one from fibreglass and bondo.  Nice old ceedan in the background.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "SKR8PN"I been busy doin' this.......

Looks almost as much fun as this......  

A ten second quarter in a straight line on bitumen is fun, but a ten second quarter on dirt with four corners is funner.   :wink:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Carps old pal, some day yer gonna run out of steam...

Not 'till I've dealt with this little lot....

And these....

Yup each drawer is full....

So are a few cabinets, at least two deep.

Carps

Carps

Here's my modelling centre, built from an old office reception desk, rescued from the dump.

And the mobile modelling equipment stand I built that houses small compressor and tools.

The paint & tool box is striped front and back with flames on top.

Carps

Carps

Quote from: "Normspeed"
Quote from: "Grandadeo"With any luck it should be able to drive into a new body shop (that I haven't found yet)  for paint by early summer then to the upholstery shop.  The plan is that the panel will be our cross country, camper towing. see the USA ride. Will have to leave the roadster home for our kids to use.
Lee

Lee, buy me a plane ticket to Fla and I'll paint that panel for you, free.   You don't mind some brush marks, right?

Don't worry about Norm, send the ticket to me, I'll bring my own spray gun.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Grandadeo

Quote from: Normspeed
Quote from: "Grandadeo"Lee, buy me a plane ticket to Fla and I'll paint that panel for you, free.   You don't mind some brush marks, right?

Norm, do they allow paint rollers on planes these days?  You gotta remember, this thing is as big as a barn

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Ok, here's what I am doing. I have Slick 50's Caddy here, waiting on a new radiator, so until it comes in, it's in the back shop. In the front shop, there is a 38 Plymounth pickup getting fenders, and running boards, and a 48 Ford woody for a new generator, and some minor tweaks.

enjenjo ...... I've used similar items.. I bought a little folding tray from Home depot for the side of the box.  Gives a bit more working area on the box.

I MUST be careful though!  Give me a flat area ( like work bench or other) I will fill it UP with 'stuff'.  Trying to break that habit for a decade or two now.  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Drove the '40 Chevy to a town near me to a Christmas parade this morning with the temps in the 30s, BRRRHHHH. Got to get my heater hooked up. Don't know who was crazier, me or the folks watching the parade! But it was fun. Got another parade in February, 2007. It will be a rodeo parade and could be just as cold or colder.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

GPster

Quote from: "40chevy"Drove the '40 Chevy to a town near me to a Christmas parade this morning with the temps in the 30s, BRRRHHHH. Got to get my heater hooked up. Don't know who was crazier, me or the folks watching the parade! But it was fun. Got another parade in February, 2007. It will be a rodeo parade and could be just as cold or colder.AL
Maybe Santa will bring you a heater for Christmas and you'll have a month to install it. GPster

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Ok, here's what I am doing. I have Slick 50's Caddy here, waiting on a new radiator, so until it comes in, it's in the back shop. In the front shop, there is a 38 Plymounth pickup getting fenders, and running boards, and a 48 Ford woody for a new generator, and some minor tweaks.

enjenjo ...... I've used similar items.. I bought a little folding tray from Home depot for the side of the box.  Gives a bit more working area on the box.

I MUST be careful though!  Give me a flat area ( like work bench or other) I will fill it UP with 'stuff'.  Trying to break that habit for a decade or two now.  :lol:

good luck...the top of my welder is even fair game...

guy once told me never have anything flat in the shop..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: Carps
Quote from: "SKR8PN"I been busy doin' this.......

Looks almost as much fun as this......  

A ten second quarter in a straight line on bitumen is fun, but a ten second quarter on dirt with four corners is funner.   :wink:

Now that has to be fun. I lost internet so i went to the store early this morning and bought some supplys. Got the distributor recess glassed in and ive been working on glassing in a lower steering column mount. i did it like the coupe and glassed in a piece of muffler tubing that the coloumn will slide into. They work well and look good too. Dont look like im gonna make the evening hunt today but ill sure be there tomorrow if the weather is good.
Dave :!:  :arrow: