OK ENUFF

Started by Dave, November 29, 2006, 06:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Schimmer

I have not been working on my 28 has hard as I should, * work keeps getting in the way! But I did get the hood made and am now doing some detailing on the engine so I can set it in and do some final fitting.

Anyhow some pics of where I am at now.

Rex

Rex Schimmer

alchevy

Rex, here's a pic of a roadster I took while in Pensacola. I didn't get what year it was.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

n.c.rodder

Here's a pic  of my daughters truck I bought this summer. We started pulling out the interior this weekend. I'm finding out my daughter is not real fond of the smell of mouse pee & poop :evil:  :roll:  :wink: (says it makes her gag) :oops:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Dave

I dont like mouse droppings either.
Rex you car is gonna rock..
Im glad to see some pics from everyone . It helps sometimes to build a little fire and get things going here.........
Ya I know I haven got new pics yet :oops:
Ill work on it.. :wink: Im kinda in limbo. I set the engine and im trying to make sense out of the steering column and im trying to decide if I want block huggers or rams horns on this one. I kinda wanna do it old school new school like my coupe but with out the fancy headers. So actually whats there to look at :?:  Nothing really. I posted pics before but maybe not with the hood about done so I will get them and post em. You all dont really need to see pics of my cheap hopefully good small block with nothing on it to make it look sexy.
I just made some ebay money so ill prolly be looking for parts again!
My kid made the money but he is repaying a loan to me so if i dont have to split it with Sue when it comes then im good if i do split it then im only getting 1/2 of what i need. But :?:  :!:
Dave

ps: again thanks for the updates and pics.. Now if George updates and Charlie updates and Kenny updates..................................................................................................................

Normspeed

OK, here's where I'm at.  I wanted to lower my wagon by about 2".  I dropped the rear 2 1/4" with lowering blocks.  I had a set of spare coils for the front but off a 50 coupe.  I cut one coil off each, which made the cut springs exactly 2" shorter than the stock wagon springs.   Perfect...BUT, when I installed them I got a 4" drop.  Softer springs I guess.  So it's a little lower than I wanted and really needs a front end alignment bad.  Now I'm looking for two more 40-54 Mopar coils to experiment with.  The 4" drop looks good but not much spring action up front and a little too low for when I'm off the blacktop camping with my teardrop.   I want to stay with cut coils, dropped spindles are not in the budget.  Trying to keep my original wagon coils uncut for backup.

Dave

ok here we go..... new pics.. notice it gets lower in the front with the new  :?: engine.  Oh ya the nice sunny day s&*t is long gone. been raining all day and they are calling for 3 to 5 tomorrow..3 to 5 what . I hear 5 to 8 up north of here!
:!:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :!:  :arrow:

reborn55

Got the wifes 48 up in the air doing a rebuild on the front end.  Only good thing was the idler arm and springs.  PO swore it was all good and it went down the road real well also. Drove it home--120 miles and did real well. Even had to replace the spindles.  There goes the A/C money for the 55.
Oh well.  Such is life.  

Al--don't put too many miles on your car--may not make it to Bunny Run

Anybody ever dress up a Vortec 5.7  Need some ideas if possible as that is what is in the 48.

Thanks

Dave

BTT more more........
Dave :!:  :arrow:

enjenjo

Ok, here's what I am doing. I have Slick 50's Caddy here, waiting on a new radiator, so until it comes in, it's in the back shop. In the front shop, there is a 38 Plymounth pickup getting fenders, and running boards, and a 48 Ford woody for a new generator, and some minor tweaks.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

I've been busy with this ..

and this...

Some suggest it's nod quite finished but when I'm not doing that I've been having too much fun doing this...

When it's dark and since TV sux, I do a bit of this...

This is a scale version of Vince's coupe from C-9's book Pinky.

This one I did just for the hell of it..

If I get bored with the little cars I draw lines on stuff...

Went to a drag race meeting..... In Bahrain. 16 car top fuel feild.  

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Rayvyn

Quote from: CarpsI've been busy with this ..

And that, my skinny Koala faced friend, will cause you to go blind... :shock:

Quote from: CarpsWhen it's dark and since TV sux, I do a bit of this...

I told you ages ago to get rid of that monkey. Danged thing never did behave itself. You constantly have to spank it to get it to listen... :oops:  :lol:

So, what do you do for fun in your spare time...?

I see you're back to flying again. The little missus must be relieved, 'cause she gets a vacation while you're gone... :D

You talked to St. Louis Mike lately? Enjenjo and I ran into him at the motel in Loovul; he said he hadn't heard from you in awhile. He still has the same car, and it still has the original pry marks on the tail door from when Stitch and I broke into it that night... 8)

Since there's a bunch of new folks on here who probably don't know who Dolly is, maybe you can get her to make a guest appearance...?? :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Carps"I've been busy with this ..

and this...

Some suggest it's nod quite finished but when I'm not doing that I've been having too much fun doing this...

When it's dark and since TV sux, I do a bit of this...

This is a scale version of Vince's coupe from C-9's book Pinky.

This one I did just for the hell of it..

If I get bored with the little cars I draw lines on stuff...

Went to a drag race meeting..... In Bahrain. 16 car top fuel feild.  

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm trying to digest this one??????
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Carps

In my 'spare time' I've also bee plugging away at this:

Some of you may even recognise it.  Finding all the right bits wasn't easy and some had to be scratch built, but it's coming alone nicely.

Quote from: "Rayvyn"I see you're back to flying again. The little missus must be relieved, 'cause she gets a vacation while you're gone... :D
Yeah, I got her a new kitten for company while I'm away.

Trouble is he ate the postman.   :shock:

QuoteYou talked to St. Louis Mike lately? Enjenjo and I ran into him at the motel in Loovul;
Yeah, he told me you guys spotted hime before he could run the other way.

Quoteand it still has the original pry marks on the tail door from when Stitch and I broke into it that night... 8)
Ahhh, now I know you're tellin fibs, coz it's been repainted twice since then.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

QuoteSince there's a bunch of new folks on here who probably don't know who Dolly is, maybe you can get her to make a guest appearance...?? :D
Her password doesn't work, besides she's off havin way too much fun with her famous new boyfriend Ted Schumaker.

Spending a day living with the tigers was probably the most dangerous thing I've ever done in my lfe, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Speaking of dangerous activities,, Don Sr AKA Old Fart in Old Ford still owes me a lemonade so I'm headed back next year to collect.  Travel is booked.  But plan is not set in stone.  At this stage I've allowed time for NSRA Nats, Bonneville & Pleasanton plus whatever else can be fitted into four maybe five weeks.  Since it's been way too long I'm looking forward to catchin up with all my old buddies and a few new ones.

Right now, there's a ht rod idling in the driveway waiting to take me somewhere, so I'm outta here.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

SKR8PN

I been busy doin' this.......

and this............

and a bit of this......

and today I traded off my 1997 Dakota 4x4 and a 1985 3/4 ton ram pickup project truck,for a 1999 3/4 ton,club cab,long bed 4x4 ram pickup :shock:
MAN is it ever a looooong truck :lol:  :lol:  I will be picking up the block and rotating assy from the machine shop next week,for a 302/347 stroker build I am doing for a buddy of mine,and after that,I plan on pulling the engine from the 'Tona just so I can have a looky see inside :D
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.