OK ENUFF

Started by Dave, November 29, 2006, 06:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Sumpin has gotta be happening in other places. i cant be the only one posting about my new project and my screw ups :!:  Come on kids lets make this board rock :!:  :idea:  :arrow:
Posts i wanna see posts..........
I cant beieve i only gots till monday for vacation then i gots to go back to the funny farm... i SURE WISH I COULKD STAY HOME AND BUILD CARS AND POST STUFF HERE. God I hate this laptop stupid caps lock :!:  :evil:  :evil:  Ok im going to watch TV now.
Dave :!:  :idea:  :arrow:  :b-d:  :ha)  :(D)  )bye(  );b(

GPster

Why? As long as you keep talking we'll have something to talk about. I half expected a picture of that freshly painted engine in the chassis. I realize what you're talking about. This summer was slow but I figured that everyone was traveling and if I was going somewhere I would be too busy to care that there was nothing to read. It seems that things were busier hear before Fat Cat got a new wife and a new job. And I don't understand it  but for some reason Enjenjo seemed to be on here more often while he was painting his house. Of course Denise is probably getting her and "Big Olds" ready for another photo spread. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Some of us have day JOB s........  :lol:

last night I worked on tranny stuff till near 10pm

tonight I came home.... ate (no lunch today) , mixed up some stuff Janice wants sprayed on the trees to help them survive frost.  It is windy and 49*F at the house as I did this.  

Did I think to wear gloves? nope.........   Wet hands , wind , upper 40 temps, my hands got cold .  Dammit , when did I move from AZ? :shock:

and I must assemble a tranny tonight . no work on my stuff
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

here ya go junkman.........I posted my vicky project for you to look over..........wasn't sure if it was a good deal for here or not , but what the heck..
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

donsrods

Ok, here's where I am on my modified T.  I haven't really done much in the past couple of weeks because I got a little burned out, and was waiting for Daytona so I could pick up some key pieces I needed to keep going.  Found everything I needed there, and more.  I got my Lokar shifter, aluminum intake, Edelbrock 600, old style aircleaner, electronic distributor, 4 spoke Bell style steering wheel, and some other misc stuff.

I also gave my one Son the other Total Performance T kit I had been saving.  He went there looking for a project and couldn't find anything that turned him on, so I struck a deal to give him this car as a Xmas present. So now my two Sons are both building cars, and the three of us will be able to go cruising together, hopefully this Spring;.  Nice to see them both at the shop every night.

Anyways, here is a picture of where mine stands right now.  The engine will go into the machine shop this week maybe, and then I can start putting that together.

Don

Charlie Chops 1940

Okay, okay - quitcherwhining....some of us are busy!

I'm working on the new '32 roadster frame. About ready to start tacking it together. Lifted the Winters champ rear up into the jig and positioned it under the frame. Put the Wilson Welding finned backing plates on and started checking wheel/tire/drum and knock-off wheel adaptor stackup to see whether things are gonna fit. Looks good but the rearend is too narrow to run the previously planned Model A spring and crossmember. I could probably cut the spring eyes off and have new ones rolled on but A springs are tough enough to get good ride out of without make the spring shorter.

Back to Plan B which is Posie parallel leaves...now I have to find the box with them in it. Swap trailer I think. Since this will be a full-fendered car I think the parallel leaves will be just fine. Anything not to clutter things up with coil-overs....

Pictures soon.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

donsrods

And here is my other Son Dan's '29 Roadster Pickup.  It started life as a fordor sedan, but he has made a few modifications to it.  :D  :D

We just got the bed cover back from the louver shop, where they punched 204 louvers in it.  The entire car is air bagged, and powered by a 30 over 455 Olds with a W 30 Tripower setup on it.

He is getting close to firing it up and finishing the body.

Don

Crosley.In.AZ

OK

here is where i am at after 2 years of intense work on "pick any car in the photo" ......... :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

donsrods

Another angle................

Carnut

Quote from: "Crosley"OK

here is where i am at after 2 years of intense work on "pick any car in the photo" ......... :lol:

Hey, I like that sprite.

Pep

OK...you want thing that stuff up..

Well, here is a sad sight, yep she broke down on our way to the trimmers. I have been waiting on a teething problem and I got two at once. I was driving along OK with Marg following in the PT Cruiser. About 30 Kms into the trip, I noticed the brakes becoming fairly responsive and the pedal coming up. I didn't worry about it, and in fact, thought it was good. I soon felt the car labouring slightly,  I  then smelt the brakes burning. I pulled over to inspect, but I knew what had happened anyway. It looks like the brakes must have bled a bit more air out as they got hotter and my free play vanished. All it needed was to adjust the push rod a turn or two to give back the free play, but all I had was a shifting spanner. I was trying to adjust it back when I heard a hissing noise. I looked at the top radiator hose and there was a solid jet of water coming out from a split. I said to Marg it was now better to get it on the back of a tilt tray to get it there. So here is a pic of a dejected Marg while the 37 is winched onto the tray. If that is the extent of my problems, then I am happy.
See Ya
Pep

Sorry to here of your troubles.......there would be no stories to tell if it weren't for a few bumps along the way!The 37 looks good even on the rollback! Nothing fun happening around here.....Just Work :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Hey thats better guys..  :lol:  Well it rained here all night and the day doesnt look any better from what i saw yesterday. Oh well its supposed to turn to snow and muzzle loader opens tomorrow so snow would be sweet :D ..Ill be in the garage all day and im gonna do sumpin but i dont know what. Ill take some pics and see if i can do anything with this laptop as far as posting. I dunno bout the new used engine but as i said in another post its got real good oil pressure and it runs. I painted the trans yesterday and hooked it up and dropped it all in the frame. Im going to have to notch the body for the HEI but seems like they all need the clearence. I cut it out yesterday so now i gotta finish it :lol: . Im gettin real close to having to really get with the program here. Ive got to buy some parts and paint supplys and get er done :!: Charlie im sure the paralell leafs will work fine. We did it years ago on a 32 5 window and it looked ok even fenderless. It al depends on what you like looking at.
Im going to start a list today. Maybe when im off tween xmas and new years we can throw some primer and paint.
Dave :!:  :arrow:

alchevy

I've just been driving and enjoying my '40 Chevy. Went to Pensacola, FL last week for a car show. The '40 is running very good right now thanks to my friends helping me out. I came home from Louisville (the Nats) in August running on 7 out of 8 cylinders because when I got home I noticed that spark plug wire #6 was not on the plug! It was missing and getting awfull mileage. Then while we were fixing that, found out that the vacuum advance was not doing it's job. That must be why my Sanderson headers got cracks in them. Had to swap them out this past Summer. I am now getting a whole lot better mileage on trips. Went from Mobile, AL to Vicksburg, MS (229 miles) and still have 1/8th of a tank of gas. That is much better than what it was doing.
Saturday is going to be cold here when we have the Christmas parade in a town near here that my '40 will be in. Just found out that the cruise-in I was going to go to on Saturday night has been canceled until March 3rd.
Still don't have the heater working yet in my '40 so I will just bundle-up like I did last week when cruising to Pensacola. It was cold here when I left and along the trip, but it warmed up nicely as I got closer to FL.

Several of us dropped out of the local car club here and started another one. This new one focusses on what we like doing the best: It's called "One Rule Street Rods" and that rule is to have FUN!

That's what I have been doing...
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Don, your son's 29 roadster pickup is going to look sharp cruisin' down the road! These two were at Pensacola this past weekend and they left at the same time. Somewhere along the trip home, they came by us and looked kool on the road.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com